Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th November 2009, 14:11   #16
naughty001

wow dude - you dont have to cut your wires, you can simply do this here

What is this Shhhhhh... sound ?-pioneerfix.jpg

to the opening poster after you check the ground then the only bits of troubleshooting advice i can offer you is to try out a friends headunit in place of yours and see if the noise remains. If it does then you need to replace your headunit and then try another different amp.

another thing that could be causing this problem is also faulty RCA cables, i once had some really hectic alternator whine as well as hissing and it was caused by the really expensive audioquest RCA cable that i was using. Those use a single thick strand of wire for ground instead of multiple thinner strands and this had snapped. I replaced those with some equally as expensive streetwires cables and not only did all the noises stop the sound quality became even better as well

to check the cable you can use any cable thats long enough without tracing it down under the carpet of the vehicle, you can just throw it over the seats to the back of the car just to test and rerun it if it is the cable thats faulty

this is the order in which id continue the troubleshooting

1) double check the ground wires ie are they as thick as the power wires and is the point that they are attached to the chassis "proper" ground, make sure that area where its attached is sanded and more or less bare (the reason for thick ground wire as thick as the power wire is that all that wiring forms one circuit)
2) if that fails then try another set of known good RCA cables
3) if that fails try another headunit
4) if that fails then try another amp

only problem is that items 3 and 4 require that you have spare equipment

Last edited by naughty001 : 14th November 2009 at 14:15.

Old 14th November 2009, 17:59   #17
BHPian

makanaka,

Finally the sound in my car was traced, and the root cause of the issue is, earthing problem where your Amp's are made to Sit,

if they are in the back seat, ensure that you fix the PLYWOOD under all the Amp's and the sound will be lost. since it was traced the same way.
Old 14th November 2009, 22:48   #18
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by naughty001 View Post
wow dude - you dont have to cut your wires, you can simply do this here
Attachment 227387
Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
You got a Pio HU. Try grounding the 4 RCA out from the Pio HU. There is a pic of that on this forum somewhere. One of the google masters will be able to help you with that.
Exactly what I meant in my post above but a picture speaks a 1000 words!
Old 14th November 2009, 22:52   #19
BHPian

hey friends,
first let me thank you all for ur inputs, i really appreciate it, now coming back to the problem in hand:-
1. i have tried the grounding of rca's all 4 of them, that didnt worked!
2. i have used another pair of rca's in place of 4 channel and the problem is still there, so i know that my rca's arnt the culprit!
3. My negative wires are all 8 gauge and so is my mains, i.e. +ive and -tive connections of my battery to my amp, my lights do not dim even at very high volumes and while the base notes are tearing my car apart so i guess the gauge of wires is sufficient, moreover the jbl corp recommend 8 gauge supply and in this case the amps are entry level so i dont think that can be the problem.
4. Deralte, can u tell me how to ground an amp????
Old 15th November 2009, 09:48   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by makanaka View Post
grounding an amp means connecting -ve terminal of the amp to the chasis of the car.. what probably deralte meant wa to reground it.. i.e. change the position of the ground wire from original point of the chasis to another.
Old 15th November 2009, 10:52   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Turn the gains down amigo. To roughly about 20 to 25%. Your problem will be solved/greatly reduced.

Most people think of the gain control like a volume control. It is not. It depends on the output voltage of your head unit.
Old 15th November 2009, 12:17   #22
BHPian

Quote:
hey friends,
first let me thank you all for ur inputs, i really appreciate it, now coming back to the problem in hand:-
2. i have used another pair of rca's in place of 4 channel and the problem is still there, so i know that my rca's arnt the culprit!
3. My negative wires are all 8 gauge and so is my mains, i.e. +ive and -tive connections of my battery to my amp, my lights do not dim even at very high volumes and while the base notes are tearing my car apart so i guess the gauge of wires is sufficient, moreover the jbl corp recommend 8 gauge supply and in this case the amps are entry level so i dont think that can be the problem.

HI makanaka,

try placing a PLYWOOD under all the AMP's this will solve the problem, since in Car the sound was rectified the same way, its more to do with earthing problem. fix the amp on a PLYWOOD and then fix the plywood to the seat.
this will solve the problem.
Old 15th November 2009, 14:33   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPEEDY_RACER View Post
fix the amp on a PLYWOOD and then fix the plywood to the seat.
Sorry, I do not agree with what you say.
Old 15th November 2009, 14:49   #24
BANNED

Hi makanaka,
check spk wire connection, balance setting in hu & gain with close look at spkr diapharm.
If nothing work, disconnect amp. & run spkr directly by hu.
Old 15th November 2009, 22:24   #25
BHPian

hi friends,
il post the pics of my install tomorrow, i guess that will give u guys a better idea about the fitment and install of my hardware, my amplifier is installed on a piece of waterproof plyboard and that plyboard is attached to the rear seat and currently my gains are around 22- 25 percent, moreover iv decided to check the hu first with another hu and then the amp as the people in here have suggested

Last edited by makanaka : 15th November 2009 at 22:25.
Old 15th November 2009, 22:28   #26
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
3. My negative wires are all 8 gauge and so is my mains
Quote:
hi friends,
il post the pics of my install tomorrow
Do you have spare HU that you can use? Switch the HU and see if the shhhh sound is not being generated within the HU.
Old 16th November 2009, 17:12   #27
BHPian

hi friends,
i hope these pics can give u a better idea, ya and one more thing right now all the wires are lying scattered around but they were not earlier when this problem was first detected, they were tucked away neately from each other earlier.
Attached Thumbnails
What is this Shhhhhh... sound ?-dsc00186.jpg  

What is this Shhhhhh... sound ?-dsc00187.jpg  

What is this Shhhhhh... sound ?-dsc00188.jpg  

Old 17th November 2009, 18:41   #28
BHPian

HI makanaka,

as updated earlier, if you can try placing a PLYWOOD under the AMP's this will solve the problem,

since in my Car the sound was rectified the same way, its more to do with earthing problem. fix the amp on a PLYWOOD and then fix the plywood to the seat.

just try this one.

one more question?

if you can tell me whether this sound arises when you start the engine?

where is the earthing given in your car.

in my car, the problem was solved, by fitting the PLYWOOD.

they also installed the thicker(3mm) i knew RC cables.
Old 17th November 2009, 21:21   #29
BHPian

hey speedy racer, dude both of my amps are placed upon a waterproof peice of plyboard, i mentioned that earlier, i guess u didnt saw it , no this sound does not arise when i start the engine, it starts when i turn on the music system and its proportional to the sound level i.e. volume, please read my original post carefully as it seems u havent read it and the gauge used for wire both the mains and grounds are 8 gauge so they are adequate
Old 18th November 2009, 15:27   #30
BANNED

Disengage spekers from amp for a while & then connect directly to hu and check.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks