Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th November 2009, 11:04   #1
1001bhp

Help needed for Swift ice upgrade.

Hi guys a little help needed from the experts in upgrading my ICE.
My current set up is as follows:
Headunit: Pioneer DEH 5090UB
Fr Speakers: PIoneer TS G622
Rear: JBL GTO 947
Amp: JBL GT5-S422
Sub: JBL GT5-1204BR
the amp is powering the sub and the headunit the four speakers.
The following are my queries:

1)i want to upgrade the front speakers to components but not sure about the good brands.Any recommendations within 6k -8k.
2)And also i would like to know if i put the comp in front would i have to add another amp?
3)and also when the music is loud there is a lot of jarrring in the bass.is it because of the improper bass settings or because of the absence of damping.
4)Where can i get the speakers and the damping done in Bangalore or Cochin.Calicut does not have any good ice installers as per my knowledge.
SO i need all the help from you guys.

Last edited by 1001bhp : 15th November 2009 at 11:08.

Old 15th November 2009, 11:24   #2
Senior - BHPian

I have got a fait bit of damping that was mostly DIY and still a bit of jarring has emanated from the front passenger door. Used Noisekill sourced from B&T. Cabin is noisefree once windows are up.

Damping is more for reducing the outside noise. It will 'deaden' the cabin from external environmental noises more than reduce rattles. To an extent yes it does reduce rattles but then if that is the aim of the exercise you need to target specific bits.

Satya from evo can help with damping in Bangalore. In Kerala zuhemi would be the guy to talk to I reckon, check some of the installs posted like speedzach and hydrashok.

Baaki your speakers theres some parallel discussions going on. Try and buy
Old 15th November 2009, 11:29   #3
1001bhp

well then my target of damping is the back hatch door panels..it rattles as if there were a vibrator in it.

Old 15th November 2009, 18:34   #4
Senior - BHPian

Common solution for the back is to stuff with cotton waste material and then glue carpet material.

In the long run it raises questions as to water seepage, rot, rust etc. But a well executed job I think should put all worries to rest.

I did the rear hatch damping myself. Dampened the inside lid (cavity) and then sealed out the exterior.

A good rule of thumb for the rattles would be to attack all plastic bits and dangling fixtures. Rather than what I initially did to the car to reduce external environmental noise seeping into the cabin.

It is not completely rattle free but quite satisfactory. If you want to check it out let me know when your in town.
Old 15th November 2009, 23:54   #5
1001bhp

k i ll give it a try.

Old 16th November 2009, 00:49   #6
1001bhp

and by the way could somebody answer question 2..ie can i play the comp speakers of the Hu or would i have to add another amp?

Old 16th November 2009, 00:58   #7
BHPian

It is alqways suggested to power the components through an amplifier so that maximum output and performance can be extracted from the components.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks