Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th November 2009, 01:52   #1

Please advice on the ICE installers/make.

Hi friends,

I own a Ford Ikon and want to complement it with an audio system which has to be truly a class on its own. I prefer quality over the total RMS, however by no means I want the system to sound feeble.

I've a budget of around 1.2 lakhs but am unable to decide on the brand.
I'm a big fan of Alpine & Sony so w'd prefer stickin' to either of these.

I need your valuable suggestions/thoughts on a few premier models (HU/woofers/speakers/amps) and also a good trusted shop where this installation can be done.

PS: I'm from Bangalore.

Thanks in anticipation,
Amit.
Old 17th November 2009, 12:23   #2
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by waitin_outside View Post
I own a Ford Ikon
I've a budget of around 1.2 lakhs.
I'm a big fan of Alpine & Sony
1.2L is a very good budget. Plan do a lot of listening as there are many good components in this price range and a lot will matter on what you like better.

I would recommend spending 10-15% (Rs. 12-20K) of that on damping and wires (both RCA and power cables).

Start with a good HU from Alpine, Kenwood, Pioneer, Clarion etc.. 20K would more than suffice to get a HU that has 3 sets of pre outs, Time Alignment, etc..

Add a good monoblock and 4 ch. amp from the likes of Infinity, JL AUdio, Raqinbow, DLS, GZ, etc...budget about 35K fo this combo.

For speakers if you are willing to undergo some door mods you can fit a pair of 6" components in the front, a pair of 6" coax in the rear and a 10-12" subwoofer in the trunk in a custom encloure. 35-40K would cover all three (subs, front and rear speakers). There are any number of brands from Boston, Infinity, ID, DLS, Rainbow, Ground Zero etc.. to choose from. Try and keep the sonic signature of the front and rear speakers the same - the easiest way to dot his is to keep the front and rear speakers from the same brand and series.
Old 20th November 2009, 17:43   #3
BHPian

from my personal experience i feel kicker and eclipse are way beyond the competition in that budget..
since you are into SQL, DLS would be a good choice aswel.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks