Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th November 2009, 19:37   #1
BHPian

6.75 inch Components for Verna

Hello,

Has anyone installed 6.75" components on the front doors for Verna(stock location - without any modifications).
I understand that the size of the front stock speakers of Verna is 6.5". I need to know, if it would be possible to install 6.75" in the same space.

The speaker under consideration is Pioneer D1720C : Pioneer USA - Pioneer

Thanks
Old 19th November 2009, 11:51   #2
Team-BHP Support

6.75 is very close to 6.5". Having not seen a Verna from inside I cant say for sure.
Old 19th November 2009, 11:55   #3
Senior - BHPian

Why would you pick these of all the available makes / models? Have you already procured it or are you planning to?

You have to look at the mechanical mounting diagram of the speaker to be sure you can use it, specifically the mounting circle dia. If this matches your OE mounting location, you can fit it directly. If not, one has to check whether one can mount it using a custom-made adapter made of MDF.
Old 19th November 2009, 19:36   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
Why would you pick these of all the available makes / models? Have you already procured it or are you planning to?

You have to look at the mechanical mounting diagram of the speaker to be sure you can use it, specifically the mounting circle dia. If this matches your OE mounting location, you can fit it directly. If not, one has to check whether one can mount it using a custom-made adapter made of MDF.
Hi Der Alte,

I've decided these components to go with the Pioneer TS-D6902R coaxials
I am still planning to procure these. The reason why i decided on these speaker combination is because:

1) They are comparitively cheap - provided you buy them on Amazon & get it from someone returning from US. The component/coaxial combo costs $209(Shipped within US).

2) I came across these reviews, which seem to indicate that they are really good vfm & for the price that I would be paying, the sound quality might be worth it(I am blindly depending on the reviews here).

Coaxial Review (Model name is different, but I've checked them against TS-D6902R & they are the same) : Talk Audio - Pioneer TS-E6902i

Components Review : http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/St...E720Review.pdf
Old 20th November 2009, 10:47   #5
Senior - BHPian

@styx71, one can get a pair of very good components AND a pair of coaxials (both 6.5"; there is hardly any advantage of 6.75") locally in INR for roughly the same cost as you want to get from US, minus the obvious headaches!!! JBL / Infinity, Blaupunkt, Illusion, Hertz, Polk, Boston, Alpine, even Pioneer.

It is not a good idea to base your selection on reviews on the Internet. It is better that you audition the speakers, either at the dealer or in other TBHP members' cars before taking a decision which make / model you like. Your own ears, and what is in between, are the best judge. Of course, you have to get out and about and smell the coffee!
Old 21st November 2009, 10:40   #6
BHPian

Hi DerAlte,

I completely understand the need & value of auditioning before buying the speakers. But the price, according my experience would not be the same, if one were to compare the two - Atleast, in case of these specific Pioneer models.

This is what I've noticed, so far:

I contacted a shop in Bangalore for these models & this is the price quoted : 6.75" components - 9.5k, 6x9 coaxials - not available yet. This, as compared to the same component/coaxials from US for a little more than 10K+. Of course, with all the related hassels of getting them from US.
And for the other brands, I was initially eyeing the Hertz Hi Energy series - again without actually listening to them . The HCX 690 was selling at $220 on e Bay & the same was quoted at around 20k here.

Anyways, I am not a Pioneer or Amazon/e Bay loyalist nor am I a fan of the 6.75" size. Its just the tempting price that made me decide on these. It will be a couple of months before i can get them(not yet purchased). In the meantime, if I come across a different model/brand(that i am able to audition), i might as well pick them

For the sake of knowledge, it would be good to know if someone has tried installing any 6.75" components on Verna
Old 25th December 2009, 12:02   #7
BHPian

I finally purchased the above mentioned speakers - after confirming that they come with 6.5" adapter rings. I'll be getting them some time in January. I'll post another reply on how good or bad the actual installation goes with the 6.75" components

In the meantime, i have another question for the gurus:

Is it possible to get better sound from the rear coaxials - from better, i mean "tighter". The rear speakers(factory fitted) on the Verna are mounted on a metal rack with the boot acting as the enclosure. The rack is not plain flat, but has lot of small pit kind of things - difficult, may be even impossible to box the speakers. Does adding an amplifier to the set up give tighter sound. I do not need the amplifier for loudness - i max at out the volume at 13.
Old 24th January 2010, 16:45   #8
BHPian

How do these speakers sound??
Old 24th January 2010, 17:55   #9
BHPian

Its a highly mature buying decision.

I do not know much about the components in question but the coaxial 6*9 that you have mentioned is probably the 3rd best 6*9 two way unit in the world after the 2 mentioned below.

1) Morel Pulse 6*9
Morel Loudspeakers - Mobile Audio - Point Source Speakers - Tempo Coax

2) Diamond D3 D393i
Diamond Audio Technologies - D393i - 6" x 9" Coaxial Speakers

3) Pioneer TS-E6902i

The last unit is probably the same as the one you have mentioned.

Your audio is not going to sound flashy but rest assured the sound you will get if installed well is going to be one of the best. Make sure that you have good damping installed in strategic places as you would not want vibrating metal and plastic panels of the Verna spoiling the sound.

Quote:
Originally Posted by styx71 View Post

Coaxial Review (Model name is different, but I've checked them against TS-D6902R & they are the same) : Talk Audio - Pioneer TS-E6902i

Components Review : http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/St...E720Review.pdf

Last edited by drpullockaran : 24th January 2010 at 17:59.
Old 25th January 2010, 19:35   #10
BHPian

@pranava999:
I haven't got the speakers installed yet - still waiting for the coaxials to arrive(by the end of Jan). So, the installation would be sometime during Feb.

@drpullockaran:
A small correction - The link you have provided is that of Morel Tempo & not that of Morel Pulse. I came across some comment(dont remember where) that Tempo is not as good as the Pulse - not sure if it is true. The Pulse model has been discontinued according Morel's website.

Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks