Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Search this Thread
Old 21st November 2009, 21:26   #16
Senior - BHPian

Nice setup there !

Never heard the name Mutant but by the pics the quality of the stuff looks quite good.
The way damping is done is rally bad it will not help you in anyway get it done the way it is done in the pic below, BTW how much you paid for damping.
Attached Thumbnails
Scorpio- M Hawk  VLX - ICE-  Bangalore-101568.jpg  

Old 22nd November 2009, 19:01   #17
BHPian

I paid 1K for each door
Old 23rd November 2009, 11:41   #18
BHPian

Never heard about the mutants or how they sound.

As suggested already, the damping should be re-done. Invest in some quality stuff like DynaMat. Expensive but quality stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranga View Post
1. HU - ken wood , Alpine , Sony ( Sony entry levels do not support iPhone ,iPod & also the bass is very high )
Isn't that contradictory ?
Old 23rd November 2009, 12:59   #19
BHPian

Hi
The photographs attached was when they had started the dampers . The door is completely damped and i can feel the result in high volume . I am satisfied by there job .

The best thing about Mutant is that it gives beautiful vocals . If u are a vocal fan , this is the speaker . It doesn't play like JBLs like what my friend has from JC road .

More over my friend has fitted a sony entry level which does play iPod , but does not show exactly the play list like my Pioneer . It shows junk or 2-3 line characters when he connects his iPod to the sony system . We did connect his i Pod to my system which plays perfectly showcasing all Playlists .
Old 26th November 2009, 09:27   #20
Senior - BHPian

The ICE is very decent setup. How much did the HU cost? Plonk a sub with amp, would do justice for the boot & damping.
Old 26th November 2009, 11:17   #21
BHPian

This setup has a JBL Amp + Polk 8 inch Sub. Both the doors and the boot is completely damped . The HU is from Pioneer India with warranty .

Cost is 10K INR
Old 26th November 2009, 11:38   #22
MCR
BHPian

Congrats Ranga. Excellent ICE setup.
Kumar's shop in kormangala is good. My fried got Sumoku subwoofer for his Swift from there. I have seen that they also have a mini theatre in their shop. They had told me that a similar setup (as in the mini theatre) can be done at the home and would cost aroung 200K.
Old 26th November 2009, 21:10   #23
BHPian

Auto planet are both into car audio and HT.
I have a full fledged Home theater @ my place with a Panny HD Projector with a 120 inch Brawn screen , 32 inch Bravia for TV + Sony home theater package . We also have play on HD Media player @ home and this plays every format in town
Old 9th December 2009, 22:35   #24
BHPian

Its almost a month with my new car + ICE . The sound is exceptionally fine . The vocals are very good and the image of the sounds as if its out on a 2 band stereo amp.Due to the sub woofer placements , it sounds as if the sound is coming from 2 channels in the front with bass getting a uni directional . One can listen to music in low and mid volumes very well . The 7 band graphic equaliser really helps in pepping up the system . The mutant crossover with the midrange tweeters are doing there job quite well .
Old 24th December 2009, 00:08   #25
BHPian

Hi Ranga,

Great to know that you're enjoying you're setup. I'd love to audition the setup sometime as I really want to check out the mutant stuff. Could you please oblige?

Thanks in advance.
Old 31st December 2009, 08:02   #26
BHPian

Hi

please send me a PM , i will send u my mobile no and we can jam something during the next available weekends ....
Old 26th January 2010, 12:51   #27
BHPian

With such a great setup in the scorpio , i now don't like to take my Santro out on a long drives . I am planning to get my santro upgraded shortly ..
Old 29th January 2010, 13:50   #28
BHPian

How did you zero in on this installer? I have met/spoken to a couple of installers who have been spoken about on this forum and your answer might help me make up my mind (The 'encounters' so far didn't leave a very good impression. Some of these guys are just out to make a good buck.)
Old 29th January 2010, 22:22   #29
BHPian

If u are serious about ur car audio , AP is the right place . They know what they are doing and seriously calibrate the entire setup .

One can spend 100K INR for a system . But rarely have i seen some one calibrating the car audio .

It also depends on what kind of music u like .I see some ICE setup which can be heard 4 blocks away. I am more worried about Mid range and not deep bass hitting u left right centre .

IF u are looking @ vocals , decent mid bass and bass to cover the whole car , then i would suggest the above setup .

Many of my friends have sat in my car and have liked the L +R Front stage music setup . We are all used to boom from the back side .

We spent at least half an hour to calibrate each frequency . It was very similar to a HT calibration .
Old 30th January 2010, 11:47   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
... We are all used to boom from the back side ...
WHAT?

Quote:
... We spent at least half an hour to calibrate each frequency . It was very similar to a HT calibration .
Interesting. What process and instruments did you use to calibrate each frequency?
DerAlte is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed