Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st November 2010, 10:45   #31
BANNED

sreejesh,
i have brought 12inch double coil pioneer sub yesterday to be connected to 4channel jbl AMP.I am not feeling the sound with richness , only bass punch is comming.Please help me to get a right size.
This is for my Bolero.
Rajith
Old 1st November 2010, 11:39   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajith View Post
sreejesh,
i have brought 12inch double coil pioneer sub yesterday to be connected to 4channel jbl AMP.I am not feeling the sound with richness , only bass punch is comming.Please help me to get a right size.
This is for my Bolero.
Rajith
Could you give detail on the model no. in order to help with the right size of enclosure ? Also could help with the outer dimension of your existing enclosure ?
Old 2nd November 2010, 15:33   #33
BANNED

hi,
its pioneer TSW308D4.Manufacturer ask 50ltrs box.Im planning for a ported version with 14.5inch each LBH.3 Inch port with 7inch length.To be powered with 2 channels out of 4 from JBL 6400.HU is JVC 7404.
rajith
Old 2nd November 2010, 16:28   #34
BHPian

i'm using a bassworks 1 cuft sealed enclosure with my 307D4. now if i wanted to put the same sub in a ported enclosure would it reproduce frequencies a little differently? would it be possible to get a bassworks ported box for my 12" sub or would i have to get one custom made. The car is an alto k 10 so not a lot of space in the trunk. dont mind looseing out on trunk space as it's never going to be used. car is a 2 seater for me.
Old 3rd November 2010, 13:23   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajith View Post
hi,
its pioneer TSW308D4.Manufacturer ask 50ltrs box.Im planning for a ported version with 14.5inch each LBH.3 Inch port with 7inch length.To be powered with 2 channels out of 4 from JBL 6400.HU is JVC 7404.
rajith
Firstly I wouldn't suggest to mount this sub in a ported enclosure. The sub has higher Qts value of .62 and Qes of .65 looking at the Fs and other values the sub will be more suitable in sealed enclosure of 1-1.25cu.ft. Having this sub in ported enclosure of the size you mentioned and with its limited xmax, the sub will reach it's mechanical limit even with half the power it's rated at. I strongly suggest look at getting a sealed enclosure. If you insist on getting the ported enclosure I would not suggest not more than 1.5 cu.ft with port size of 3x10". But strongly suggest you add a subsonic filter at around 30hz. In ported freq. response will peaky and be smooth at best in sealed enclosure. In other words there won't be much of difference in result with ported over sealed enclosure in terms of overall freq. response.

Last edited by Invinsible : 3rd November 2010 at 13:26.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks