Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th November 2009, 15:14   #1
BANNED

Its Clarion's small brother with +bonus! ( Clarion 576 usb )

Dear Gurus & fellas,

I have been following Clarion785 since thread inception & not succeed to get it but blessed with his small brother-Clarion576usb. A distinguished efforts of dubai friend made available in my hand @amazing prize - just 6000rs!. Well, direct front usb slot & magna Bass features makes me more puppy with losing advantage of TA in this model but overall we cracked the best deal guys! Thanks to all participants in clarion786 thread.

After HU in hand, I forced self by installed blaupunkt Thx401 4"Cox in front with shattered heart as here in Jamnagar no brave installer ready to cut my car door! This leads me to take 6x9 Blaupunkt in rear on parcel tray.

Clarion doing job well in sense but missing something even after 3 months play around settings of hu, tried to close on any setting but still struggling. Main problem is harness (highs) too much in overall sounds with deemed vocals.

After doing r&d, finally, now I like below two setup but couldn't close on it with missing something. Here we go..
Setup: [1]
Bass (+4 gains at 80Hz & 1.25Qcurve), Treble(-4gains at 8khz, Zhancer-Sounder restorer both off, fadar +2front, HPF/LPF=through as no subw.

I could achieved some extented reasonable thumb with reducing harness of highs and sharpness of mids. BUT CAUGHT IN MISSING LOUDNESS-VOCALS & TIGHT BASS WHICH I AM GETTING IN SETUP [2] BELOW.

Setup:[2]
Bass, Treble, HPF/LPF, Soundrestore all flaten with fadar +2 to front. When set Digital Zhancer at 2 & amazing thump of Bass with clear & loud vocals (feel singer in my car!) comes out BUT WITH SHARPY HARNESS OF HIGHS

I frequently switchovering between above two setup (& probs) and doing self conciliation with still thirsting of amazing sound quality

Pl suggest solution. Thanks for sparing long with me here.
Old 21st November 2009, 09:16   #2
Senior - BHPian

Reduce Treble to -2 or more and try. Shouldn't affect vocals too much. Also, try putting a layer of loose cotton cloth in front of the front coaxes (you will need to remove the speakers and fit the back after putting the cloth).
Old 21st November 2009, 13:59   #3
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
Reduce Treble to -2 or more and try.
in which setup i.e.[1] or [2]?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
Also, try putting a layer of loose cotton cloth in front of the front coaxes (you will need to remove the speakers and fit the back after putting the cloth).
thanks. may I know how sound gets affected by this? sorry am novice in this part.
Old 21st November 2009, 17:20   #4
BHPian

in [2] setup and reply.
Old 21st November 2009, 18:26   #5
BANNED

NOTORIUS,
In DZhancer mode, bass & treble setting not available in hu. w can play around only HPF, LPF & Sound Restorer. Tried SR but sound become gradually sharp when surfing from 1-2-3 set points.
Old 21st November 2009, 20:38   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhams View Post
in which setup i.e.[1] or [2]?
Setup 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhams View Post
thanks. may I know how sound gets affected by this? sorry am novice in this part.
Suppresses / disperses some of the high frequencies, reducing brightness.
Old 21st November 2009, 22:21   #7
BANNED

But Bass & treble auto disbled when DZhancer sets on.
now only HPF, LPF can b set further:-(
Old 23rd November 2009, 14:44   #8
BHPian

What about experimenting with HPF.
Old 23rd November 2009, 15:11   #9
BANNED

well, not remarkable notes there though check again & reply. By the way, can u recommend what would be close call among i.e. 50,80 or 120hz, so I concentrate more precisely on that during checking again. Thanks.
Old 23rd November 2009, 22:48   #10
Senior - BHPian

80Hz should be the best.
Old 24th November 2009, 21:51   #11
BANNED

Thump & stability from rear decreasing at each increment of HPF (50-80-120) with no change in brightness. Damn, feel traped now. Experts here pls help.
Old 25th November 2009, 11:35   #12
Senior - BHPian

Thump from the rear speakers will obviously go down the more you increase the lowest frequency playable (HPF frequency - which means pass everything above this frequency, and reject everything below). Most of the thump is in the 50-200Hz region. One has to account for harmonics of the bass notes also. The higher you set the HPF, you hear more of the harmonics only and less of the bass notes.

What were you trying to achieve anyhow? I thought you were trying to reduce the brightness in front. HPF is set when a sub is present (and LPF is set for sub at the same time) so that sub and mid-bass do not play the same frequencies as far as possible. If they do, the image suffers a bit - it is pulled to the rear if the sub is in the rear. Not sure if you have a sub.

What exactly did you mean by 'stability is decreasing'?
Old 25th November 2009, 14:37   #13
BHPian

Hi Dhams, with a setup like yours, if you keep your bass and treble settings at flat (0 or right in the centre), all sound enhancers (DZhancer, SR etc.) as off, then the reason why you are suffering from harsh highs is one (or more) of the three:

1. HU- Some HUs are known to produce brighter sounds. Typically Pioneers low-to-midrange models come to mind. Not that bright sound is bad, but it's not same as natural sound of the recording. Now we don't know how this particular model of Clarion scales on that front- but it could entirely be possible that the HU is indeed the culprit.

2. Source material: Try checking for harshness with high-quality original audio CDs. If you hear a difference, try encoding your MP3s to 256kbps and above.

3. Speakers: Some speakers are manufactured brighter than others. I know this could be difficult, but just try listening to your HU with some other set of speakers and see if there is a difference.

About your settings, you don't need to set up HPF or LPF as your speakers are meant to play full-range of frequencies. If needed, just reduce the treble by -2, or if you want to really get your hands dirty, try parametric equalization, try switching between various treble frequencies (4k to 10k), reducing them by 2-3db one by one and stopping where the results sound good. You can keep the Q at 1 or 3 while testing P EQ.

Last edited by greenh0rn : 25th November 2009 at 14:40.
Old 25th November 2009, 15:30   #14
BANNED

@DerAlte:- As I very well mentioned on speaker setup in my first post, clarion run with 4"cox in front & 6x9 in rear. Intend to reduce high frequencies chhan, chhan, chhan kinda of sharp instrumental from sound with improving vocal. Hey, HPF suppress low frequency below to set value with let it passing high frequencies above to that then i assume there would be obviously not change in brightness of course!

@Greenh0rn:- Thanks for your 3 point feedback. Point-1 :- I had sourced clarion 576 usb after read experts on clarion 785 usb. Anyway, i try to revisit my setup starting from default setting (all zero!) and revert.

How can i convert MP3 files to 256kpbs? Pardon me on this stupid question.
Old 26th November 2009, 11:55   #15
Senior - BHPian

Good suggestion, @greenh0rn. Blau THx coaxes are not bright (I have heard them playing from Blau HU as well as Blau amp), so high frequency bias must be in the HU itself.

@Dhams, what @greenh0rn meant was that you should rip your audio CDs at 256kbps and above. Existing mp3 files encoded at less than 256kbps won't become better if you resample at a higher bit rate.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks