Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th November 2009, 18:04   #1
BHPian

Issues with Phase Linear HU

All audio gurus, you guys are pure geniuses.
Now to start with my query, I have a Phase Linear HU UMP 301 installed in my dads car along with two Jensen speakers.
Its been three years since the install but must have been used not more than 5 times as dad does not fancy music while driving. Recently i took the car and found out that:
1. The MP3 player no longer works. It gives a Read Error. Probably the lens got busted or something. Can something be done to it?
2. The FM channels can seek only odd decimal points. (This being the case with a lot of systems in the States). . So I can listen to 93.5, 91.1 but not 95.0 as i can set only 94.9 or 95.1. Is there some way to rectify this?
Because not using it is OK but knowing that it doesn't work really bugs me.

Last edited by akshaymahajan : 26th November 2009 at 18:05. Reason: Forgot to write HU model
Old 26th November 2009, 23:09   #2
BHPian

Hi Akshay , i understand how frustrating that is , your problem seems simple
1) your mp3 player needs simple servicing
2) If you scroll through your player 'menu' , i think there would be an option 'area' jus change the area to local and try
hope it works.
Old 27th November 2009, 10:07   #3
Senior - BHPian

You should first look for the setting in the User Manual (if you don't have it, search on the 'net). The 'Region' setting, if present, would have US, Europe and Japan as options. Select Europe.
Old 27th November 2009, 10:31   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshaymahajan View Post
All audio gurus, you guys are pure geniuses.
Now to start with my query, I have a Phase Linear HU UMP 301 installed in my dads car along with two Jensen speakers.
Its been three years since the install but must have been used not more than 5 times as dad does not fancy music while driving. Recently i took the car and found out that:
1. The MP3 player no longer works. It gives a Read Error. Probably the lens got busted or something. Can something be done to it?
2. The FM channels can seek only odd decimal points. (This being the case with a lot of systems in the States). . So I can listen to 93.5, 91.1 but not 95.0 as i can set only 94.9 or 95.1. Is there some way to rectify this?
Because not using it is OK but knowing that it doesn't work really bugs me.
I also bought the same combi 3 years back from states during thanksgiving sale . It is working perfectly fine for me, I haven't changed any settings. It does take some time in reading CDs but as far as FM is concerned..in my case it reads both odd and even channels. I shall try to find its manual at my home and if I get it then will put up the scanned copy by Monday(11/30).
Old 27th November 2009, 18:04   #5
BHPian

Thanks people.
I have the user manual with me. Will check it out and keep you updated about the outcome.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks