Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th November 2009, 19:39   #1
BHPian

Pioneer FH-P6050UB - Please post your reviews/suggest a 2 din player!

Dear frenz:

Am planning for a 2Din Player & thought of FH-P6050UB.

I was told that this costs 8k to 8.5k here at Chennai.

Please do let me know how this player fares in quality / features & performance.

Also do let me know if I can think of any other 2Din Player apart from this.

My max budget would be 10k.

Car: i10 Magna 1.2 [Which I will be booking very shortly - December Deals / Steal ]

I would appreciate if you guys can suggest front / rear speakers as well.
My budget for HU+Speakers would be 16k-18k max. I will be doubly happy if the cost is less...

Thanks in advance!!
Old 30th November 2009, 18:50   #2
BHPian

Hi Sai, when we talk abour 6050 ub its a very neat and decent player.It has all the basic required features like am, fm, cd , mp3 , wma , usb , aux in etc.

one thing is there a 2din player fits in i10 but as the dashboard is curvy after fitting this player you will see the edges of the player slightly protruding out, which may be wont appeal you.check that before the installation.

Also go with front basic jbl 2way components and rear jbl 6" coaxial speakers , these will fit perfectly with in your budget and the output will be clean.
Old 1st December 2009, 10:25   #3
BHPian

Ravi:

Thanks a lot for your time to explain. Yes! As you rightly pointed out, I think it would be protruding out in the curve dashboard...

I will put on my thinking hat like any other petrol head and find a way out for this!!
Old 2nd December 2009, 00:31   #4
BHPian

yes thats better lol
Old 2nd December 2009, 07:21   #5
BHPian

I've have the US version of this HU in my Swift (FHP-8000BT). I think its essentially the same thing with integrated bluetooth and iPod connectivity.

Its a very convenient and well designed head unit. Sound quality is between average and good. The middle button/knob does not click very nicely. There's no time alignment like on my previous Pioneer 2-DIN HU, and you cant adjust the slope for the HPF and LPF. Also, the remote keeps dying.

Bluetooth and iPond functionality is excellent. This was the cheapest 2-DIN HU with those functions built-in (no need to buy additional modules). Considering that, it was a good buy.

Along with the HU get a pair of component speakers for the front door (lots of good options in the 5K-8K range, including JBL which I have in my car, although the highs are a bit raspy/sharp). Finish it off with a cheap 4-channel amplifier to power the components. Why 4-ch? Because later on, when you expand your budget, you can add a subwoofer. Without a subwoofer there's really no fun.

No need for rear speakers unless you're going to be sitting in the back a lot. I have 4 rear speakers in my car (2 in the doors and 2 on the parcel tray) and they're all disconnected.

Last edited by theEnd : 2nd December 2009 at 07:26.
Old 5th December 2009, 00:47   #6
BHPian

Hey Thx for the update man... that was cool small review I was yearning for...
Old 15th February 2010, 23:46   #7
BHPian

Can someone please confirm if the pioneer 6050 double din system comes with the ipod connectivity cable with the box?
Old 16th February 2010, 03:36   #8
Senior - BHPian

My Premier FH-P800BT does- it also comes with the cable. The FH-P6050UB's webpage in Pioneer India (FH-P6050UB) has ** on the connectivity part, though I could not find what that means anywhere - no reference or fine print at all. Maybe it does not have the cable out of the box...?!
Old 16th February 2010, 07:29   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post
My Premier FH-P800BT does- it also comes with the cable. The FH-P6050UB's webpage in Pioneer India (FH-P6050UB) has ** on the connectivity part, though I could not find what that means anywhere - no reference or fine print at all. Maybe it does not have the cable out of the box...?!
Yes no specific mention. Just says that CD IU 50 cable is required. Should catch hold of the box from somewhere and verify. From what I know the cable is available outside.
Old 21st February 2010, 02:11   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pras.oct25 View Post
Yes no specific mention. Just says that CD IU 50 cable is required. Should catch hold of the box from somewhere and verify. From what I know the cable is available outside.

IIRC its just a USB extension cable. Available at most computer hardware shop's.
Old 26th February 2010, 16:48   #11
BHPian

I use 6050 with my iPhone and iPod . Plays perfectly well . Is well lit and very clear connectivity . 7 band Equalizer . i have the necessary Custom setting needed in my ICE thread . check this out as this can pass all relevant details .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks