Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd December 2009, 17:24   #1
BHPian

Upstaging Toyota- Improving the Innova Vx

Hello experts,

I'm going in for the Innova Vx and yesterday I had started a thread in the What Car? section and had put in a lot of different queries about tyres, music system, loans etc. Didn't get much response so I'm posting individual queries in related sections.

In 2005, when I got my Baleno, A lot of guys (Especially Navin, Jkdas and a certan Mr. Yeti) helped me in setting up my music system.I finally put in Blaupunkt Sevilla HU, JBL components at the front and JBL 6x9 at the rear with Sony 4 channel Amp. Have been totally satisfied with the sound quality except for the lack of a USB port, which skipped my mind when i went around shopping last time.
Now for the Innova I need Ur help again-

1) The Innova doesn't come with USB slot or anything else to play my i-pod. I read in some other thread that one can buy the I-pod interface and hook it up with the OE sound system. What is this Interface? Where can I buy one and how much? Will it work properly? What other options do i have?

2) Being somewhat of a music buff, I'm keen to have a good system in the car. Yet I want to retain the OE Head Unit, if possible coz it works with the steering remote. Do I need to upgrade the speakers and put in components and tweeters in the front? What about an amplifier and Basstube, cables etc? What is a decent set-up for a limited amount of funds, say 10-15-20 grands? (Fingers crossed and praying- U guys have a way of making a poor man empty his pockets..)

Sam has the Conn..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks