Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th December 2009, 13:16   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Lucky you! a Rs. 1L Budget!
Thanks, but that budget too was blown out the water. The DLS Iridiums come at an MSRP of Rs. 98,000 here in India, the Amps at Rs. 78,000 each if I'm not mistaken. Hence as you can see even with a heavy discount the budget had to take a hike.

Quote:
Why use a cap? Was the dimming of the headlights that bothersome?
Well the DLS ultimate amps are extremely power hungry, and my battery at the time (Exide) had conveniently decided to die, so I decided to go for an Amaron battery 85Ah I think, and added a cap to the equation. I do quite like extended periods of high volumes.

But to answer your question, they would've most definitely dim if I didn't have the cap.

Quote:
Rehaan was just issuing a clarification.
Oh ok, well thanks for the pre-emptive strike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildchild4lyfe View Post
Truely PIMP is what i can say.. so whats next ?
Thanks wildchild, what's next is simple and already planned, the funding is the issue (Open to any and all sponsors lol).

Wurth underbody spray on damping
Rear fill - DLS again
Amp for rear fill - hoping to get a CA23 or RA20

Also the amp racks as you can see are covered with glass in front. They have 4 fans built into them, 2 pullers and 2 pushers which are always on, so the amps stay really cool.

Cheers

PS: An added clarification for those who think I'm some dumb rich kid etc etc...I was gifted this system by my dad, but he wasn't pleased with the final cost at all, hence around half of this install is funded by me, and my savings since 2006 . I earn my keep lol

Last edited by DocG : 7th December 2009 at 13:22.
Old 7th December 2009, 14:23   #17
BANNED

Cooling the amp with fans attracting me, details please that how you installed, which brand fans and how you are powering them?Pics will sure add a lot.
That is actually my old pending job which even i have to do in my car amps.
Old 7th December 2009, 15:18   #18
BHPian

nice.. nice..
i like it....
PS: your 2 amps alone cost more than my car did
Old 7th December 2009, 15:34   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprucegoose View Post
nice.. nice..
i like it....
PS: your 2 amps alone cost more than my car did
Dude you still have the way cooler job lol! I'm still dieing to hear your new gear. Also keep me posted on the carputer thing, cool stuff coming up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajaybiz View Post
Cooling the amp with fans attracting me, details please that how you installed, which brand fans and how you are powering them?Pics will sure add a lot.
That is actually my old pending job which even i have to do in my car amps.
The fans were simple, we provided 4 slots in the amp rack, 2 on each side.
The fans are incredibly cheap, don't know the exact cost, but it was dirt cheap for 8 fans (they are the same fans used in PCs etc, high rpm). The layout provides room for air flow at the back, so there is effective air circulation.

My amps come with an output for external fans. we initially used this, but the problem was that it would cause the fans to kick in only when the amp was close to thermal protection, and this would then take time to cool the amps leading to them shutting down (Thermal protection).

Therefore we decided to keep them on all the time. For this we ran some parallel wiring from the ICE. So when I turn on my ICE, the fans turn on with them.

Since doing this, I haven't faced any heat issues regarding either amp. Hand on the glass after having the system on at high volumes after a 2 hour + drive, and the glass was still cool (room temp).

Cheers
Old 7th December 2009, 15:38   #20
BHPian

haha..
as for the computer, i'm waiting for my mom to get fried with our current computer at home [its an AMD 2400+ with 512 MB RAM which was setup in 2004]

When that happens, it gets ported to the car.
then the work starts
Old 7th December 2009, 15:44   #21
BANNED

A good install though I have to be frank and say it doesn't match up to the components themselves. These must surely be seriously good or else why would it cost a moon. I mean one can get two expensive Rainbow installs done in this budget.
Old 7th December 2009, 18:00   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaks View Post
A good install though I have to be frank and say it doesn't match up to the components themselves.
I would appreciate it if you would elaborate on that. Would love to know what shortcomings could be addressed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaks View Post
These must surely be seriously good or else why would it cost a moon. I mean one can get two expensive Rainbow installs done in this budget.
I'm sorry, but I don't understand your point...Yes the DLS gear is really good, but Rainbow would be equally expensive if not more...

The equivalent Rainbow speakers to the DLS Ultimate Iridium 6.3s as per price point are the CS 365 Profi Vanidiums from Rainbow.

I don't know the indian prices, but I would guess that the Profi Vanidiums are over a lakh themselves.

Thanks for the comment
Old 8th December 2009, 11:23   #23
BHPian

time for a BHP audition!!
Old 8th December 2009, 11:35   #24
Team-BHP Support

docg can i see some pics of where you have put your hu? or have you used a dash kit?
Old 9th December 2009, 09:16   #25
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
what the Hell is that Pink Carpeting thing in your boot?? It looks like the inside of someone's mouth!! And Pink NEONS!!????
Quote:
I'd expect Frank to make that analogy (being that he is a dentist).
I second that. Frank could also work on the cavities that exist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocG View Post
Thanks for the comment. The carpeting thing is actually velvet, and the colour of the neons and LEDs etc is red. I guess I need to use a better camera. Will also post some more pics soon taken in daylight, maybe that will help.
Cheers
Velvet? . How about throwing in handcuffs for the desired effect? This looks outright downmarket. Sorry. Just my honest constructive criticism.
Old 9th December 2009, 09:54   #26
BHPian

@ moralfibre: what would you have suggested to cover the dynamat?
im planning to go for some dynamat aswel on the boot lid and i dont want it showing either..

Last edited by wildchild4lyfe : 9th December 2009 at 09:55.
Old 9th December 2009, 10:01   #27
BHPian

Art leather or real leather would have been a good choice, but that too not in pink color.
Old 9th December 2009, 10:09   #28
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
im planning to go for some dynamat aswel on the boot lid and i dont want it showing either..
Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanthisgreat View Post
Art leather or real leather would have been a good choice, but that too not in pink color.
No no, some more velvet.
Old 9th December 2009, 11:13   #29
BHPian

wow! im glad you getting a kick out of it!!

would anyone else like to answer that?
Old 9th December 2009, 12:40   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
Velvet? . How about throwing in handcuffs for the desired effect? This looks outright downmarket. Sorry. Just my honest constructive criticism.
Would love a pair of handcuffs could you help me source them? I mean like real handcuffs, the type cops use.

Quote:
You should look at fabrics. The thinner lighter fabrics can take the contours of the boot lid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanthisgreat View Post
Art leather was tried, real leather wasn't since the art leather failed. Not sure why but an upholstery guy said leather wouldn't hold properly since it can't be stitched in. Else I'm a BIG fan of leather in the car, gives it a regal feel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
No no, some more velvet.
I do quite like the velvet too, it's totally pimp.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks