Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th December 2009, 21:22   #1

i20 / Requesting expert guidance on ICE upgrade / Delhi

Dear friends,
I have joined the forum recently. Had made a post w.r.t my queries in an old thread but i am rather posting it as a new thread.

A bit about myself, I am Sidharth Trehan from Delhi, 32yrs old manager shipping based out of Delhi.

I enjoy easylistening, smooth jazz, ambient, celtic notes ...and also Hip-hop & Rap (Have grown up listening the artists East/West coast artists from US). And also, some bit of Indian classical does me well.

Need your feedback on improving ICE.

INTENTIONS:
- The HU will remain as is provided by Hyundai.
- I have been guided to put the component speakers in the rear door, as i would usually be in the rear seat with two people in front. (i20 has the stock drivers installed there, which apparently are 4inch 2way coaxials)

SUGGESTION NEEDED ON:
A) MONOBLOC AMP FOR THE SUB & ITS APPROX COST
Could you advise a mono amp to run a woofer having specs - 150 to 250w/86db/4ohm

B) SUBWOOFER
*1st Preference - RF Prime
Rockford Fosgate® - R1L-1X12

**2nd Preference - RF Punch

B) 4 CHANNEL AMP FOR 4 SPEAKERS
to be powered:
2 drivers x stock front door
2 drivers x components in rear door

C) LINE IN CONVERTER
Please advise your options & approx prive

D) ANY ELECTRONIC CIRCUITRY CAUTION TO BE TAKEN & TO BE TOLD TO THE TECHNICIAN INSTALLING THE AMP/s & DRIVERS

E) DAMPING
Pls advise a place in Delhi where i can get the damping done and what options and pricing goes for it usually.

Many Thanks
Sid
Old 5th December 2009, 22:55   #2
Senior - BHPian

Why don't you audition a few setups in and around Delhi ? There are a lot of members with great ICE setups in their cars. As you are in Delhi try GYRO or Driven. GYRO is located at Moti Bagh (don't know the exact location)
Old 6th December 2009, 11:53   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post
Why don't you audition a few setups in and around Delhi ? There are a lot of members with great ICE setups in their cars. As you are in Delhi try GYRO or Driven. GYRO is located at Moti Bagh (don't know the exact location)
Tks abhi, i shall audition the music in my i20 itself. I am heading to car heaven in ashok vihar. had got out swift done up with Polk component, RF PUNCH bandpass and RF punch amp with groundzero. and pioneer Touchscreen HU. so i do have an idead of what sound quality with such setup will be, but if you look at my questions. they are quite specific this time, hence i was looking for answers to them, which would have assisted the audition Thanks for ur pointer on GYRO, am aware about them: saw some really good work done on civic by them.
Old 6th December 2009, 19:42   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
C) LINE IN CONVERTER
Please advise your options & approx prive
A good line in converter should set you back by 4 -5k atleast.

Quote:
E) DAMPING
Pls advise a place in Delhi where i can get the damping done and what options and pricing goes for it usually.
Should be available with the installer or you can check with driven / gyro. Noisekill if i remember is Rs 150 sq/ft. Dynamat is pretty costly and i have no idea about its pricing.
Old 7th December 2009, 19:49   #5
Senior - BHPian

I recommend you PM Gunbir and LBM for some auditions.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks