Team-BHP - Query on JBL
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   In-Car Entertainment (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/)
-   -   Query on JBL (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/7101-query-jbl.html)

Hey Guys,
i am running an esteem, i am pretty clueless about music systems,amps,subs,speakers etc.... I wanted to know how good the jbl speakers/amps are compared to the other ones i.e sony/panasonic/alpine/pioneer... i have had mixed opinion from peppl saying jbl's good others saying its not.... so is it really worth the cash? i have a budget of 15k-20k to spend on the car. how would u guys advise me to spend it on a good sound system( i already have a kenwood 10cd changer).... which might be a jbl one or smthng else.
happy drivin.

hey why dont you post your query in this thread where some of the people who eat drink and sleep music can guide you.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6427

Rev

The best way to know which is better, is to go and listen to them all with your own ears! and to carry your own cd's and play the same track when listening to different brands.

Personally, would rate Alpine better than the rest. Havent heard JBL a lot.

Some people find the JBLs bright. I liked them with my Pioneer 5750 HU. I would recommend them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vivekphadnis
Some people find the JBLs bright. I liked them with my Pioneer 5750 HU. I would recommend them.

im planning to change the system i have in my baleno so would you recommend which jbls you think sound good.budget is about 6 for speakers because i have to spend the rest on the HU and the amp.

Rev

p.s what do you mean by bright

I would never recommend a Pioneer HU, it is very bright and just has a good appearance. The music though has over treble (thats what I mean by bright). Since you are on a budget I would suggest go for Sony 5510 HU, it has a sweet sounding music compared to Pioneer. If budget is not an issue than u can go for a decent Alpine HU starting at around 15k for 9830.

For speakers go for JBL or Sony components. The Sony has come out with a new range of components with CROSSOVERS for around 5.5k. The JBL components are for 6k. So take your pic, the JBL's are good and if you are young at heart than go for them. But if your choice of music is more conservative than u can go for the Sony. The Sony 5" compos can start at 4k, or consider other cheaper components like boss for 4k. For rear use any coaxials with the remaining budget.

Revtech, I would say that a bright system is one in which the mids and high frequencies would seem very prominent as compared to the lower frequencies. Whether a system is bright or not is an opinion that varies from individual to individual. Something that might be bright could sound nice to another person.

And for heaven's sake don't buy the Sony speakers.

mostly am going to go in for jbl speakers only with the sony hU(still not sure about that with a 4 ch amp and maybe a sub(still not sure about tht)

how are the jbl GTO series any recomendations ??

Rev

JBL GTO series are OK speakers I have them in my car for the rear. However nothing can beat the components. A standard components from a not so famous company are better than good coaxial speakers from a good company. So I stress again go for components and I have listened both to Sony and JBL compos and they are both good. I went for JBL in my car as budget was not an issue for me, but in your case I recommended sony considering your budget.
A 4 channel amp is a neccesity and is needed to get the best out of any system. The sony entry level 4 chan amp costs around 4.2k and JBL 4 channel entry level amp costs 8k. Take a pick. Woofers start at around 2.5k and go all the way to 8k. At 8k you get a JBL woofer with a custom box, and JBL dealer told me, nothing can beat the sound of that, not even a bass tube. So according to your budget choose your setup. Remember a cheap setup can also sound great and a costly setup can also suck when it comes to sound.

hey aseem thanx a lot.i think i am finally goin to get the sony xplod 350 W speakers.are those components stupid:

Rev

Quote:

Originally Posted by revtech
hey aseem thanx a lot.i think i am finally goin to get the sony xplod 350 W speakers.are those components stupid:

Rev

No they are not components. Not all dealers have components, but they are decent speakers for what they cost. Best of luck with your system... at the end of the day... Money Saved is Money Earned!!! :D

[quote=aseem]Since you are on a budget I would suggest go for Sony 5510 HU, it has a sweet sounding music compared to Pioneer. If budget is not an issue than u can go for a decent Alpine HU starting at around 15k for 9830.

QUOTE]

I'm sorry Aseem, but I don't think the Alpine 9830 comes for 15k. Its around 22-23k with bill and warranty. This is chennai price. I don't think I wanna believe that its so costly here and cheaper elsewhere. Please do clarify.

Alpine 9827 comes for 14k [14500 actually] and the 9831 for 25k...

Thanks

AK

Quote:

Originally Posted by aseem
Woofers start at around 2.5k and go all the way to 8k. At 8k you get a JBL woofer with a custom box, and JBL dealer told me, nothing can beat the sound of that, not even a bass tube. .

so is the jbl woofer really worth it? mated to the amp, and good speakers it should make a good system rite?

so whats the difference between components and coaxial or triaxial speakers ?? and which one is better and in what way ??

Rev

Yes I checked with JBL Bangalore and he gave me the qoute of 15k for 9830 Alpine. I too regretted buying my Sony 8800 for 14k when I found out his price for Alpine as in Delhi I was qouted 20k.
Between Coaxials and Components, the compos are much better as they are made for people who know and care about music. For the theoritical definition of component... read below:

Component speakers
Component systems use a superior speaker design to give you the best possible sound. A typical component system includes separate woofers, tweeters, and external [color=#0000ff]crossovers[/color] — all of which are designed to work in concert with each other.

In a component system, the tweeter is separate from the woofer, and can be mounted in a location that provides the best [color=#0000ff]imaging[/color]. Your music will sound more realistic, more "live," and have greater depth. The crossover network in a component system is external to the woofer and tweeter, so higher quality internal components can be used to ensure a sharp delineation between the frequencies sent to the different drivers — that means more realistic sound for the listener. Component systems are generally made of better materials than their full-range counterparts, so they're capable of delivering exceptional dynamics and detailed sound.

So in short, unlike coaxial speakers that send the same frequency to the woofer and the tweeter (which is mounted on the woofer itself)... the components use crossovers to filter the frequencies going into the tweeter and the woofer.