Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th December 2009, 15:29   #1
BHPian

Touchscreen for Laura

Hi Guys,

I am buying a Laura 1.8TSI which does not some with a touch screen head. I would like to upgrade to one. Since I don't know much about ICE, I thought I'd ask the members of this forum.

Is it possible to do the upgrade?
Can I source the OEM screen from somewhere?
Will I be able to interface the rear proximity sensors?
Does anyone have an approximate pricing for something like this?
What will this do to my warranty?

Thanks !
imp!
Old 8th December 2009, 12:56   #2
BHPian

hey imp!

haven't you thought about the sonata transform ?
Old 8th December 2009, 13:03   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

imp- My friend has the 1.8 Laura and his comes with the screen and leather. I think he might have gotten it fitted from the dealership itself because both looked OE fitment. It did have rear parking sensors too.
Old 8th December 2009, 14:22   #4
BHPian

@Nandan: Nope, Sonata is out of the question. Don't want to consider it. Also in a year or so, the Sonata body is going to be changed.

@Sahil:

Does your friend live in Bombay as well? Tafe in Bangalore has refused to upgrade to the OEM screen that is there in the L&K and the Superb. I thought about sourcing it from the UK, but at 1400 pound sterling, it seems like a mighty waste of money. I don't care about leather seats, but I might get black seats with Jettaesque detailing done at Stanley :=). I am in a position to fabricate the bracket required for a double din mounting but I don't want to do that unless absolutely necessary! I was thinking about waiting for the vRS that may be released next year, but I don't really want to spend 20 lacs on a Laura, the 1.8 is damn good fun as it is
Old 8th December 2009, 15:13   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by imp! View Post
@Nandan: Nope, Sonata is out of the question. Don't want to consider it. Also in a year or so, the Sonata body is going to be changed.

@Sahil:

Does your friend live in Bombay as well? Tafe in Bangalore has refused to upgrade to the OEM screen that is there in the L&K and the Superb. I thought about sourcing it from the UK, but at 1400 pound sterling, it seems like a mighty waste of money. I don't care about leather seats, but I might get black seats with Jettaesque detailing done at Stanley :=). I am in a position to fabricate the bracket required for a double din mounting but I don't want to do that unless absolutely necessary! I was thinking about waiting for the vRS that may be released next year, but I don't really want to spend 20 lacs on a Laura, the 1.8 is damn good fun as it is
hi,
The laura vrs wont launch here at all for SURE, the fabia vrs will launch next year, if you put the touchscreen(columbus) in the laura say goodbye to your warranty.

cheers.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks