Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th March 2011, 02:23   #361
BHPian

Re: "In Pursuit of Happiness" - The Journey of a True Audiophile

Those are priceless compliments Mi10. Getting the sub to blend perfectly is one of the toughest part in ICE. I know it would be a toughie, but would it be possible for you to upload a quick demo video of your setup? No rush.
Old 5th March 2011, 23:29   #362
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelord View Post
Those are priceless compliments Mi10. Getting the sub to blend perfectly is one of the toughest part in ICE. I know it would be a toughie, but would it be possible for you to upload a quick demo video of your setup? No rush.
Let me try my hand at that. I am quite naive to this video capture formats..
Old 10th March 2011, 02:17   #363
BHPian

I have been pouring over this thread for a week (bit by bit) and just completed reading. After long time, this is one thread I thoroughly enjoyed in the ICE section.

Congratulations on your setup. It looks amazing and is really innovative. I (personal opinion) liked the components chosen. Those are some components that I am drooling over for a long time. I am jealous of the folks who have auditioned the install.

And that leveraging the complete active thing on Eclipse - is something I have been dreaming for long time as well. Way to go...
akbaree is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2011, 16:51   #364
BHPian

Its been more than 6 months and its still the same set of components

What's happening Praveen, i came by your thread expecting lots of surprises and changes.

Have you reached your ICE Destiny, yet??
Old 14th June 2011, 17:30   #365
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikoneer View Post
Its been more than 6 months and its still the same set of components

What's happening Praveen, i came by your thread expecting lots of surprises and changes.

Have you reached your ICE Destiny, yet??
Oh yeah almost !.

From whatever i have heared, nothing comes to close to the SQ of this setup. Sometimes i get an itch to upgrade, but then upgrade what ??
  • Current crop of HU leave a lot to be desired (with exception of P99rs, which anyway costs a bomb)
  • I see no reason to swap my amps, they are 'like.no.other'
  • Speakers can be upgraded to Elate, However the choosing a right XO would be a troublesome one (unless i make my own), as the tweeter is a 6 ohm one.
  • I am reminded of the sub only when i open the boot, Its so invisible when you hear it - Not sure if it has a replacement
One grouse that remains is the File format compatibility. I can't play lossless formats like Wav or FLAC. I do have something in mind for this, but still in research phase, so will post up once it is materialized.

Last edited by Mi10 : 14th June 2011 at 17:31.
Old 14th June 2011, 17:54   #366
Senior - BHPian

CARPUTTTTTTEEEEEEEEEEEEEER?!!? Yeaaah man, go for it!
Old 15th June 2011, 09:19   #367
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
CARPUTTTTTTEEEEEEEEEEEEEER?!!? Yeaaah man, go for it!
To be Frank, I am not Frank :P

Yeah carputer is surely on cards, but before even going for that, i am looking at a slightly different option. WIll post up soon.
Mi10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2011, 21:29   #368
Senior - BHPian

Mi10 - buddy - last night I was awake till 2:45 AM reading this thread from start to end - god you made my head spin.

People buy a car and suit the ICE to match the car, only you did it the other way!

If i may ask (though its irrelevant at this point) - how much did you spend on ICE for your i10 and Fiesta combined?

Also - I must say the installs in your car are top grade (especially the FG A pillar and the stripped-dash-mid-range-in-AC-vent thing)

Go ahead - do something more outrageous and spin our heads again!

I'll be glued to this thread.
blackasta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2011, 09:56   #369
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
If i may ask (though its irrelevant at this point) - how much did you spend on ICE for your i10 and Fiesta combined?
If i put together all my upgrades in i10 and the Fiesta it would total to ~ 4L

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
Also - I must say the installs in your car are top grade (especially the FG A pillar and the stripped-dash-mid-range-in-AC-vent thing)

Go ahead - do something more outrageous and spin our heads again!
Many Thanks, If i remember right, we both brought our i10 around the same time, (Un)fortunatley i got caught this ICE bug which made me sell the i10 itself.
Old 25th June 2011, 00:47   #370
Senior - BHPian

Here is a small video;

will shoot some in daylight and post up later
Old 13th October 2011, 18:28   #371
Senior - BHPian

More updates in pursuit of happiness; Nothing more left to do on the front stage so taking a step back

Enjoy a few pics for now...

Morel Tempo Mids'
"In Pursuit of Happiness" - The Journey of a True Audiophile-picture1.jpg

"In Pursuit of Happiness" - The Journey of a True Audiophile-picture3.jpg

Monster XLN 402 RCA Cables
"In Pursuit of Happiness" - The Journey of a True Audiophile-picture2.jpg

Media Bridge RCA Splitter
"In Pursuit of Happiness" - The Journey of a True Audiophile-picture4.jpg

"In Pursuit of Happiness" - The Journey of a True Audiophile-picture5.jpg

"In Pursuit of Happiness" - The Journey of a True Audiophile-picture6.jpg

Alpine X power MRX-F30 4 Channel Amp
"In Pursuit of Happiness" - The Journey of a True Audiophile-img172.jpg

"In Pursuit of Happiness" - The Journey of a True Audiophile-img168.jpg

"In Pursuit of Happiness" - The Journey of a True Audiophile-img167.jpg

Coming soon...

Last edited by Mi10 : 13th October 2011 at 18:30.
Old 16th October 2011, 14:54   #372
Senior - BHPian

Unique Rear Fills are here

Prelude:
After 13 Hours of sheer madness, we completed what is probably the first (in these parts of the world) Attenuated, Bandlimited Differential Signal for rear fills running in an active setup. Hats off to Saravana of Power Zone for pulling off this master class. At One point of time we were stuck up for nearly 3 hours on getting the concept implemented right, we decided it to call it a day. However both of us couldn't get a peaceful sleep. While i was slogging it out on the Internet to find a solution, our man was Hands on. I receive a call from him next day around 1 PM, and yes, its a good news. After couple of intensive hours, we finally got the result we wanted. I am thoroughly overjoyed by this effort. Not many would understand the technical aspects of this one, but to say in a simpler words, its slightly similar to your Dolby Surround EX or even the Logic-7 processing of JBL M8. Only difference being this is a hand built one . We However used only Unbalanced inputs. We initially Spliced RCA's and tried to get in Bridged Mono Channels as well, but think this one suited the Overall Sound Stage in a much better way!

Options:
While i was contemplating on what is the upgrade is should make, many were vouching for the CarPC. Infact, i still had brought almost call items needed to set up a CarPC except the PSU and Screen. Somehow, i couldn't find a reliable PSU and a Touchscreen with tru HD resolution.
I decided to stick with SQ alone and was soon pondering over going full 4 way active. However i decided against it, as it would be an affair where more Vitamin M is needed, however the SQ increment would be so marginal that most people cant say the difference.
Recently i attended my friends play in Concert Hall. It wasn't a musical one, however few background scores left me a real impression that and i stared searching around for my next project

Objective:
The Objective was to render a musical experience as in an Concert Hall or a Theatre. While its relatively easy to bring the Sound Stage part like a Concert in an Active setup, it is quite difficult to get the ambience part right. Simply because the Car cannot match up to the Concert Hall's massive landscape. Locations of Speakers is a major constraint, Add to that the number of refections that need to be controlled. So this concept of Attenuated Bandlimited Differential Signal helps you in getting you a Larger, more dramatic and real Sound Stage.

Approach:
The Whole process is done with getting in Front Sound Stage as perfect as it can get. This is not your normal real fill for rear passengers who complain of Only bass or less music. I care a sh!t about the rear stage and i dont care if the rear stage feels like sh!t

Result:
The Tuning session is pending. As the whole system needs an update in Tuning. But even without that, in most Vocal based songs, there is a huge difference to the Sound Stage ---> Yeah the Front Sound Stage. ven in the existing state of Tune, i can hear clear improvements in Midbass and Midrange frequencies. Anyway i am stopping my comments here as i will anyway need to retune the setup.

Other Improvements:
Apart from this major differentiator, i have also made few more updates that has resulted in overall sound being a lot more crisper and accurate.
  • First up is your Monster XLN Series Interconnects: Just by the look of it you can judge how well made this product is. Solid ! The RF looks puny in front of this literal Monster of a cable. I have replaced my earlier RF RCA Cables for the front stage with Monster and there surely is a difference. esp in my Midbass. However for my rear stage and Sub i still have my RF RCA's doing duties.
  • Next comes some goody good Damping. 20 Sq.ft of Dynamat Extreme, applied in various parts of the already heavily damped Doors. And a Thermo rexin sheet damping for the Inner side of Door Panels. All these again make my Midbass pound with a lot more composure. Earlier there was a slight noise in one of doors while playing at higher volumes, now that is take care of.
I am so Sorry, i didnt click any of the install Pics, Let me finish my tuning and post my comments. Till then stay tuned
Old 17th October 2011, 13:33   #373
Senior - BHPian

It can never be like auditioning the car in Person, But tried my best to bring the Sound Stage in this Video, well actually its a WAV recording. Notice the instruments and Vocals end notes - Can you get a glimpse of Sound Stage

Enjoy!

PS: Best heard in High Quality Head Phones.
Mi10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th October 2011, 18:44   #374
BHPian

Really really well done mate! tremendous addition this to an already awesome setup. I am sure it does wonders in making the soundstage much fuller.

BTW, No reaction to this thread after you put up the details on these mouth watering additions for more than a day?? Kinda surprising so to speak!

cheers

Last edited by prince85 : 17th October 2011 at 18:47.
prince85 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2011, 18:52   #375
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince85 View Post
Really really well done mate! tremendous addition this to an already awesome setup. I am sure it does wonders in making the soundstage much fuller.
Many Thanks Bro, yeah the Sound Stage is just wonderful, all day audition sessions have started again :P

Wish you were located nearby !

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince85 View Post
BTW, No reaction to this thread after you put up the details on these mouth watering additions for more than a day?? Kinda surprising so to speak!

cheers
On Expected lines, i'd say

Last edited by Mi10 : 17th October 2011 at 18:59.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks