Team-BHP - Using ICE to talk on the phone (via AUX In)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   In-Car Entertainment (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/)
-   -   Using ICE to talk on the phone (via AUX In) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/72591-using-ice-talk-phone-via-aux.html)

Earlier posted this in mobile thread but did not get any response. I am sure here poeple would like to respond to my efforts of doing the write-up.

Is there anyone here who

1. Has an iphone. May be possible with other phones too. Please read on.
2. Wants to speak on the phone using cars speaker systems but has an older ICE which does not have this facility and do not wish to change the existing system.
3. Has an AUX port in the ICE.

Then my friends, you can fulfill this wish without changing anything in the existing system.

You need to buy an AUX cable. For me, there was an extra cable that came with my home theatre system which I am using. Use the headphone port of your iphone to connect to AUX port of your car with AUX cable. Switch on the AUX mode of your ICE. Now you can listen to songs in your iphone and whenever any call comes it will switch to Phone mode automatically and you will be able to receive the call.

Now if you are wondering that how you voice will transmit without the mike because the iphone headphone has the mike but the AUX cable will not have any mike, than you are as confused as me when I accidently found it working to my amazement.

I recently found out that if you use a headphone without the mike, then the phone's mike system is activated and whatever you speak is transmitted using phones mike.

AND it may not be limited to only iPhone. If there is any phone that has a headphone port which uses the same jack as the AUX cable than this may work on that too.

I will be very happy to see if anybody else gets benefitted by reading this write-up. clap:

I did this in my cassette player HU many years ago sir. Nothing new about this one.

I am trying to do something like this in my car but have not been able to locate an aux adapter for my Samsung phone.

Quote:

Originally Posted by esteem_lover (Post 1656032)
I did this in my cassette player HU many years ago sir. Nothing new about this one.

Wow!!! Did you know those many years ago that you could receive call on your cars system using this and did not need a bluetooth systems?

And if you knew than you should have written this write-up years ago for people here on this forum who are looking for alternative for bluetooth system for this purpose because they dont want to mess up with the existing system.

Maybe you were worried about getting comments like you gave instead of appreciating the efforts and intention to help other people.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abeer (Post 1656050)
I am trying to do something like this in my car but have not been able to locate an aux adapter for my Samsung phone.

Finding an aux adopter for a particular phone model might be a little difficult. Fortunately my phone does not need an adopter. You may need to find it through online shopping. If you have someone in US, than you may try visiting any US shopping website and order at their address.

You can get Aux Adopters in Mumbai from Alpha Shopping center at Andheri. I got one for my Nokia E71.

Regards,
Devendra

Thank you Atul.I have tried this with my Kenwood system.I doubtfully purchased a Belkin audio cable for RS.300/-(Belkin F3Y117BF1M Audio Cable | Data Cable | Flipkart.com performance is excellent,Thanks to the golden 3.5 jack of Belkin.Can hear songs from my phone and use phone in hands free mode.If you don't want to hear the song,just connect the phone to AUX of ICE and switch on the ICE and make it into the AUX mode.When a call is coming in your phone,It will hear loudly through your car's speakers.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Atul-C (Post 1656224)
Wow!!! Did you know those many years ago that you could receive call on your cars system using this and did not need a bluetooth systems?

Actually that was lot common than you think. I remember the tiny FM transmitters in the 90s that could take headphones output from walkman or cellphone and convert into highly localized FM signal. You only have to tune your FM radio to that signal and you can listen to music from walkman or voice from cellphone from your car speakers. This was much before bluetooth and didn't need AUX port on ICE either.

Here is another old method, esteem_lover must be referring to this (no AUX needed) : http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Dynex%26...&skuId=1854937

Quote:

Originally Posted by Atul-C (Post 1656224)
And if you knew than you should have written this write-up years ago for people here on this forum who are looking for alternative for bluetooth system for this purpose because they dont want to mess up with the existing system.

Relax man, what you have described is fairly simple and lot of people would have done it. Besides, many years back people didn't share all their ideas on Internet forums.