Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th February 2010, 17:37   #61
Senior - BHPian

Of course the amp will work. It is only that almost all other amps will sound better than this one!

What Navin suggested can be done in a couple of minutes on any day, and you can do it yourself without having to go to the shop. To put it simply, reduce Treble a little at the HU.
Old 19th February 2010, 17:48   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
Of course the amp will work. It is only that almost all other amps will sound better than this one!

What Navin suggested can be done in a couple of minutes on any day, and you can do it yourself without having to go to the shop. To put it simply, reduce Treble a little at the HU.
That I shall try while returning today evening.

Mine is a twenty minutes drive in the morning and twenty in the evening.
Old 22nd February 2010, 10:23   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepfusion View Post
That I shall try while returning today evening.

Mine is a twenty minutes drive in the morning and twenty in the evening.
I tried it.

It worked.

Now the sound seems good.

But still sound stage setting is not satisfactory.

Please advise.
Old 22nd February 2010, 10:47   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I tried it.

It worked.

Now the sound seems good.

But still sound stage setting is not satisfactory.

Please advise.
Change the amp.. Simple
Old 23rd February 2010, 15:06   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by panky12345 View Post
Change the amp.. Simple
What effect in your opinion, would a change in amp have?

Please elaborate.
Old 23rd February 2010, 16:22   #66
Senior - BHPian

In a good amp, in which phase/time relationships of the signal are maintained well, the sound stage appears better.
Old 24th February 2010, 11:07   #67
BHPian

Quote:
In a good amp, in which phase/time relationships of the signal are maintained well, the sound stage appears better.
In any case, I have taken time from the Acc. wallah for Saturday, for a JBL/Blau/Kenwood auditioning.

May be practical class would help.

I m looking forward to it.
Old 24th February 2010, 13:31   #68
Senior - BHPian

Yes, auditioning will make all things clear for you - what matters are your ears, and the gray matter in between! Everything else that we write is all mumbo-jumbo unless one actually hears the stuff to relate to it.
Old 24th February 2010, 15:45   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, auditioning will make all things clear for you - what matters are your ears, and the gray matter in between! Everything else that we write is all mumbo-jumbo unless one actually hears the stuff to relate to it.
Very very true indeed
Old 9th April 2010, 13:24   #70
BHPian

I finally got time to work with the system last sunday, and am surprised at the results.

I got hold of a test tone cd, and went to work with the sound spheres, one by one, first at teh amp, with all the inputs from all the Gurus on Team Bhp safely placed, in writing besides me in the car.

The results:

There seems to be sounds I am able to distinguish clearly, and all of them were never heard before.

The sound is crisp and clear, at low volumes, and also at very high (insane) volumes, so much so the whole car seems as if shaking.

From this has stemmed a new problem, there is a rattling sound emanting from the boot.

Please tell me what to do about it.
Old 9th April 2010, 18:58   #71
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I finally got time to work with the system last sunday, and am surprised at the results.

Please tell me what to do about it.
Welcome to the Dark Side. For this day you will forever be in search of the Holy Grail.

As far as the noises in the trunk, you will need to isolate what is rattling and damp it. It is a process of trial and error. You will find that as soon as you damp the loudest of the rattles other lesser rattles will be more noticeable. I spent 15 years trying to eliminate all the rattles in my car then I found a solution. I got married, now the rattles are never heard above her din.

but we can't help you with the voices in your head that will ensure that you will contantly be upgrading your audio equipment a I can hear them now "help me, help me, the treble is a triffle lisky, the imaging is focussed enough, help me help me". You have hereby been infected.
Old 10th April 2010, 11:20   #72
Senior - BHPian

@deepfusion, most rattles are produced by loose cables and wires, as well as the number plate.

Open the door pad of the hatch door of your Fusion, and stay down all the cables (wherever the loose length is long enough to move) with some tight packing of closed-cell foam. CC foam deteriorates much less than open cell foam. Even pieces of thermocol will do, but thermocol sometimes deteriorates into tiny pieces. Another way is to use damping sheets.

Unscrew the number plate, stick some strips of double-sided tape on the body, and screw on the number plate once again and press down on the plate so that it sticks to the strips of double-sided tape.

As Navin said, this is a process of trial and error till you have all the rattles under control.
Old 12th April 2010, 13:29   #73
BHPian

I spent 15 years trying to eliminate all the rattles in my car then I found a solution. I got married, now the rattles are never heard above her din.

But what happens if the sounds start after your marriage?

Last edited by Technocrat : 12th April 2010 at 15:37. Reason: Only 2 smilies per post allowed, please read the rules carefully, thanks
Old 18th August 2011, 17:31   #74
BHPian

Help for installing tweeters on Dashboard

Hi.

I wish to do a tweeter install on the dashboard.

Please advise me on passing wires through the rubber connector (the one that is placed between the door and the car's body.

Do I have to remove the connector? If so, how to do it?
Old 18th August 2011, 18:14   #75
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Help for installing tweeters on Dashboard

are you talking about the rubber sleeve that conencts the door and the A-pillar?

You don't need to use that.Wire your tweeter to the Head Unit front speaker out(if you're on normal speakers) or to the crossover out(in case you have component speakers).

Please post a pic of the rubber conenctor in case this does not clarify.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks