Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2011, 20:41   #91
BHPian

Re: Help for installing tweeters on Dashboard

@Deepfusion here is a quick wiring diagram on the traditional way of wiring x-overs. Sorry for the bad diagram
Attached Thumbnails
Help & Advise for my Fusion ICE-xover.jpg  

Old 20th August 2011, 09:05   #92
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venki7744 View Post
@Deepfusion here is a quick wiring diagram on the traditional way of wiring x-overs. Sorry for the bad diagram
Er.. do you want to wire the cross over the traditional (prescribed) way or differently? What are you trying to achieve if wiring in a different way?

Oops... the question is for deepfusion.

Last edited by Sankar : 20th August 2011 at 09:07.
Old 20th August 2011, 09:33   #93
BHPian

Quote:
So, the dilemma remains. I have this advanced kind of a crossover which says "biamp me", and no knowledge of how to wire it through the door.

I have a four channel amp that I have arranged for powering these speakers.
Old 20th August 2011, 09:34   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
Er.. do you want to wire the cross over the traditional (prescribed) way or differently? What are you trying to achieve if wiring in a different way?

Oops... the question is for deepfusion.
Sankar, I am trying to wire the speakers the way these are designed.

But my problem is, I do not know how to route wires to the door.
Old 20th August 2011, 09:47   #95
Senior - BHPian

You can choose not to bi amp it if you wish. Bi amping will give more control over how it sounds though.
Old 20th August 2011, 10:20   #96
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
LOL No, that way you might as well throw away the XO and connect the mid-bass and tweeters directly to the HU/amp through the OE wiring..Mounting the tweeters on the dash anyway gives unpredictable results due to secondary reflection off the windshield.
1. NEVER NEVER connect a tweeter directly to an amp unless the amp is limited to reproducing frequencies that the tweeter is capable of handling.

2. If mounting tweeters on a dash keep in mind 2 issues.

a. the tweeters should be mounted facing the listener and not up towards the windscreen

b. an over zealous car cleaner can knock the tweeters and damage them.
navin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2011, 10:28   #97
Senior - BHPian

LOL Navin, look at the XO pic put up by @deepfusion with wires connected. Assuming that @deepfusion has not connected his system together yet, someone has done that. Of course the XO is still in circuit, since the shorting is on the output side of the XO, so effectively all the filtered bands are mixed back together.
Old 20th August 2011, 10:36   #98
BHPian

Quote:
LOL Navin, look at the XO pic put up by @deepfusion with wires connected. Assuming that @deepfusion has not connected his system together yet, someone has done that. Of course the XO is still in circuit, since the shorting is on the output side of the XO, so effectively all the filtered bands are mixed back together.
Sir,

I received the crossovers wired this way. I had originally not planned for a bi-amped installation of the speakers, and on request, the donor sent me these wired crossovers.

I took the pic and posted here as I am trying not to go wrong this time with the install.

I still have not installed the speakers. I am planning now to go to my installer (a local guy) this Monday.

I am relieved that I am in safe hands.

Last edited by deepfusion : 20th August 2011 at 10:39.
Old 20th August 2011, 11:18   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepfusion View Post
Can I try another option.

This:

Attachment 595742

Quote:
Sankar, I am trying to wire the speakers the way these are designed.

But my problem is, I do not know how to route wires to the door.
Quote:
You can choose not to bi amp it if you wish. Bi amping will give more control over how it sounds though.

Then I would have the stock wire available and would install the tweeters in the sail panel.

Would this work?

What would its effect on the sound be?
If you're not bi-amping it the way you have connected the input wires to the crossover in that picture is correct. Its perfectly okay.

Where is this crossover placed?
Is it inside the door? If its in the door and biamped you have to pass three pairs of wires (mid in, twt in, twt out) through the connector. If its not biamped, like in the picture posted, only two pairs of wires (input, twt out).

If the crossover is in the cabin it really doesn't complicate things at the door if you bi amp since you only have to pass the midbass wires through the door.

If you haven't installed it yet i say keep the crossover in the cabin and bi amp it. That way you need to pass only one pair of wire through the door connector. Even if you don't bi amp it keep the crossiver somewhere in the cabin, under the dash for eg.

Last edited by Sankar : 20th August 2011 at 11:26.
Old 20th August 2011, 11:27   #100
BHPian

Quote:
If you're not bi-amping it the way you have connected the input wires to the crossover in that picture is correct. Its perfectly okay.

Where is this crossover placed? Is it inside the door? If its in the door and biamped you have to pass three pairs of wires through the connector. If its not biamped, only two pairs of wires.

If the crossover not in the door but in the cabin it really doesn't matter if you bi amp it or not since you only have to pass the midbass wires through the door.
I think there are two issues here:

1. Should the stock wire be used for the mid? If this is the case, then using crossover inside the cabin seems okay.

2. If speaker wire is used, how to pass it through the connector.

Furthermore, another problem, as pointed by Navin Sir, is the cleaners at the service centre. If they clean the dash the way they do, I am in trouble.
Old 20th August 2011, 11:45   #101
Senior - BHPian

Replies are inline.

Quote:
I think there are two issues here:

1. Should the stock wire be used for the mid? If this is the case, then using crossover inside the cabin seems okay.

If you have a choice use better wires. I guess you do. Even if you don't use stock wires you can keep the XO in the cabin. You're amping your set right?

2. If speaker wire is used, how to pass it through the connector.

Like others have mentioned, use an unused pin pair in that connector for midbass. It involves some soldering.

Else

Drill out the connector at the site of unused pins, do the same at the female side too. Refer the links i have posted.

Furthermore, another problem, as pointed by Navin Sir, is the cleaners at the service centre. If they clean the dash the way they do, I am in trouble.
Thats a risk definitely. But doesn't your car come with tweeter mounts at sail panel? Or mount them in the Apillar.

Links:
DLS Audio install

G3 Running New Speaker Wire Into Door - Team Integra Forums - Team Integra

How to wire through a door molex., nouseforaname

My MAZDASPEED3's Stealth Install - Page 2 - DIYMA.com - Scientific Car Audio - Truth in Sound Quality

Hope this helps.

Last edited by Sankar : 20th August 2011 at 11:47.
Old 20th August 2011, 11:46   #102
BHPian

Quote:
@DerAlte just now I took a closer look at the pic posted by Deepfusion and the shorting is actually on the input side which means that it could be wired for bi-amping.

@Navin Ji I think he has not shown the connections to the Tweets and Mids. The o/p are still open. So I think it should be fine.

@Deepfusion as DerAlte mentioned stock wiring is no good. Its better to take it to an Installer but be careful those guys have a tendenacy to drill another hole near the rubber to route the wires. This could mean that your door would be now be open to the elements and the wire can very well get jammed between the door panels.

Venki
Old 20th August 2011, 11:58   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Replies are inline.

Thats a risk definitely. But doesn't your car come with tweeter mounts at sail panel? Or mount them in the Apillar.

Links:
DLS Audio install

G3 Running New Speaker Wire Into Door - Team Integra Forums - Team Integra

How to wire through a door molex., nouseforaname

My MAZDASPEED3's Stealth Install - Page 2 - DIYMA.com - Scientific Car Audio - Truth in Sound Quality

Hope this helps.
I have in mind my jbl 0604-front channels for the tweeters and rear ones for the mids.

I shall just walk through the links you have posted and revert back. Thanks for the same.
Old 20th August 2011, 12:17   #104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@DerAlte just now I took a closer look at the pic posted by Deepfusion and the shorting is actually on the input side which means that it could be wired for bi-amping. ...
Extrememly sorry for the faux pas!!! I looked at it now without my specs, and I too realize what you said. Thanks for pointing out. Now that means I need to take a trip to my optometrist and get my glasses changed! :(
Old 20th August 2011, 12:29   #105
BHPian

Venki,

Very many thanks to you for the links.

As is very rightly said "A photo is worth a thousand words". To me these have become bible.

These are eye openers for me.

I never thought the connector would contain these joints.
Just thought that bundle of wires must be running through these connectors.
Thanks a ton, Sir.

I am going to try this out tomorrow morning, with my camera with me for the detailed write-up here.

NO MORE NOOBS SHOULD GO THROUGH THIS TIME WASTING EXPERIENCE.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks