Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st September 2005, 16:03   #16
BHPian

I put back all the things and as Sam said the 'lip' was there and I fitted the cage and put the front panel and put the screws back. The HU sits tight and nice. There was a thick ground wire and an ignition wire hanging about. I used that. The +12V supply I took from a harness hanging behind (Sam, I have just failed to find a thick wire which you told me about). I connected the JBL 936 and 426. And voila! we are in business. Now, I need to remove the side panels near the door frame and conceal the wires. Thank you boys, for all your help.

One thing I noticed, after i switch off the HU, there are five beeps after a few seconds from the HU. I wonder what that means.

zzzehar, tsk1979, the manuals are available for download from Pioneer's New Zealand site.

Last edited by Vivekphadnis : 1st September 2005 at 16:07.
Old 1st September 2005, 16:58   #17
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivekphadnis
One thing I noticed, after i switch off the HU, there are five beeps after a few seconds from the HU. I wonder what that means.
thats the beep which tells u that the HU hasnt been removed once the key of ur car is removed..its just a indicator that ur HU is still in the car,just a warning system to prevent theft of ur system..
Old 1st September 2005, 17:04   #18
BHPian

Right. Thanks for telling me that.
Old 1st September 2005, 18:24   #19
BHPian

5750 user manaual

you can access/download the 5750 manual from

http://www.pioneernz.co.nz/Site/Pron...R%20MANUAL.PDF

enjoy ur self
Old 1st September 2005, 19:26   #20
BHPian

Quote:
And I seemed to have successfully hijacked this thread. Sorry, zzzehar, sorry mods. We will get back on track very soon.

Zzzehar, which car do you have and can you check how your Pio head unit is fitted and let me know.
I drive a daewoo Matiz, and I am still looking for technician who can fit it in for me. I will let u know as i am getting it done this weekend.
Old 1st September 2005, 19:29   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek.singh.73
you can access/download the 5750 manual from

http://www.pioneernz.co.nz/Site/Pron...R%20MANUAL.PDF

enjoy ur self
yes I can see that I no longer understand whats going around on this thread ;-( But belive me I am learning a lot and thats all I have done by joining TEAM BHP and I am much more confident in telling someone as to how their Pioneer's Sony's and JBL's will rock. Thanks to you all for such great help.
Old 1st September 2005, 20:33   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I put back all the things and as Sam said the 'lip' was there and I fitted the cage and put the front panel and put the screws back. The HU sits tight and nice. There was a thick ground wire and an ignition wire hanging about. I used that. The +12V supply I took from a harness hanging behind (Sam, I have just failed to find a thick wire which you told me about). I connected the JBL 936 and 426. And voila! we are in business. Now, I need to remove the side panels near the door frame and conceal the wires. Thank you boys, for all your help.
Ladies and Gentlemen, we have a winner
Old 1st September 2005, 23:33   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi
Ladies and Gentlemen, we have a winner
This is coming from the audio guru. I am flattered.
Old 1st September 2005, 23:35   #24
Team-BHP Support

kewl. congrats vivek. now enjoy. i know how you feel.
i did my first install about 25 years ago! Geez i dont even remember what year that was. i remember begin so excited (I had bought the components the night before and went to sleep reading the spec sheets). Then i woke at 6am and was done by 10am. 1HU, 2 AMPS, 2 6x9 in boxes, 2 5" comps in the front door. 1 12" sub in box. The car was a Honda CVCC i think from 1976 or 1978. I woke the neighbours on a sleep sunday morning. ha ha ha.

BTW anyone see Biker Build Off on TV. I knew Indian Larry in NY. Wow I did not know he was so famous.
Old 1st September 2005, 23:50   #25
BHPian

Thanks Navin. Now, I need to get started on the next phase viz the sub and the 4 channel amplifier. he he he.
Old 2nd September 2005, 09:37   #26
Team-BHP Support

I am eagerly awaiting that project.
Old 3rd September 2005, 08:41   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

I was wondering, I wonder if it possible to get the dolphin to swim the other way on the Pioner 123456XVC model c (I hope I got that number right). Currently the dolphin does this little flip from the left to the right and I've heard that if it does a double backflip and swims the other way, it'll improve the sound dramatically (Is this true guys?) and keep my girlfriend amused so she doesnt see the next jewellers shop we cross as her eyes will be glued to the double back flipping sooo cute dolphy! Help!
Old 3rd September 2005, 21:29   #28
BHPian

head Unit to drive SUB

Has anybody tried driving the sub directly off the HU. My friend has tried it in Indigo Marina and he claims the result is fantastic He is using Pioneer 5750

http://www.pioneer.com.sg/storefront...ctSubDrive.jpg

OR

I was thinking of getting Pioneer 7750 alongwith front comps ( Most probably JBL 606Ce) and a sub for my getz. I have to decide if I will add sub now or coaxials in back side.

Pioneer claims 22W rms per channel that means parralled rougly 40 W rms at 4 Ohm for the sub.

Will it be sufficient to give good bass effect.

Can I use Subs in door itself or bass tube or enclousre seprately made

Last edited by pranil : 3rd September 2005 at 21:40.
Old 3rd September 2005, 22:05   #29
Senior - BHPian

Pranil this is a very very bad idea. Subs require a lot of power to be driven. Most entry level subs require a minimum of 140 Watts RMS in order to be driven. Theoritically you might be able to run your sub with only 40 watts RMS however this will severly damage both the HU and the sub due to clipping. If you run this for extended period of time, you can fry eggs on your HU as the HU will become too HOT.
Go for a decent 2 channel amp. Entry level amps start at 2.5k, Sony 502 Z. Go in for a low powered sub. JBL CS 1200T requires 140 Watts and is the least power hungry sub/tube I know. You can also consider pioneer or sony subs.

Last edited by aseem : 3rd September 2005 at 22:07.
Old 4th September 2005, 01:36   #30
BHPian

Have a read of this complete article.

Before you plonk your hard earned money have a look into this article on the future of car amplifiers. Its a year old article but has the basics right.

http://www.crutchfieldadvisor.com/S-...ew.html?page=3

http://www.crutchfieldadvisor.com/IS...ew.html?page=4

Bye and wear your seatbelts.

Last edited by drpullockaran : 4th September 2005 at 01:37.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks