Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Search this Thread
Old 1st September 2005, 01:00   #1
BHPian

Let's tweak PIONEER Head Units

Calling all Pioneer Buffs who really need and can offer some Good Advice tweaking their DEH-PxxxxMP 4750, 5750, 6750's etc...
After a lot of research Its been observed that there are no user manuals or help guides available for any Pioneer Head Units in India nor downloadable from any of the websites hosting Pioneer Products.

All of you who have been using or will be using these Pioneer Units, please suggest how to tweak different options like LOUDNESS, EQUALIZER SETTINGS, HIGH PASS FILTERS, BASS, TREBLE, ETC...or whatever else is there in the Head Unit to withdraw optimum performance.

Thank You

Hope Moderators don't delete this thread 'coz I am really a Novice in this Domain.

Last edited by zzzehar : 1st September 2005 at 01:08.
Old 1st September 2005, 01:15   #2
Senior - BHPian

Hi zzzehar, here is a link to download the user manual of Pioneer 6700 MP. This is a newer model than 6750 but still has similar features and same programming interface:
http://akamaipix.crutchfield.com/Man...130DEHP670.PDF
Old 1st September 2005, 10:31   #3
Team-BHP Support

a lot of this depends on personal taste. In any case i would first like to tweak Pioneers marketing in India! that said I think Pionees weak area is their DAC. You have to fix that first. I have done this sort of work for a Home CD player and it was tough. for a car cd player with the space constraints it is goona be double tough. you dont want to do down that road. However the only Pio unit i have had plesant expereince with is the 8800 some time back in a friends car.
Old 1st September 2005, 10:55   #4
BHPian

Tweaking! Hmm. Now I am getting ideas. Where do I start with my 5750.

Navin, by the way, I am installing the HU myself. Sam kept telling me that the battery wire should be connected to a thick wire. I did find a harness but did not see any thick battery wire around. So, I just connected the battery wire to the existing wire and the HU seemed to be working fine.

Now, I have another doubt. The HU comes with a cage kind of thing to mount it inside the car. I placed the cage inside the car panel but none of the holes are aligning properly for me to fix it. Can I do away with this cage and mount the HU directly?

Last edited by Vivekphadnis : 1st September 2005 at 10:59.
Old 1st September 2005, 11:20   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Hi Vivek,

It depends on the car. See in a car like the swift or the esteem, there is a 2 din jappo mount. Then you cannot use the cage, and 4 screws mount directly into the HU. Be sure to use the supplied short screws or you may touch something inside.
In cars like the Zen, Alto etc you have to use the supplied cage, There are plenty of Dog Ears all around the cage. You slide it into the hole provided and using a flat screwdriver, just bend out 4 to 6 dog ears.
Then slide the HU inside till it clicks. It really is very simple.
Old 1st September 2005, 11:31   #6
BHPian

Dog ears! Got it. But I am still a little worried about the thick battery wire you were telling me about.

And there are four ears on each side of the cage. But the holes on the metal mounting frame inside the panel do not correspond. Do I need to make some slits myself?

Last edited by Vivekphadnis : 1st September 2005 at 11:42.
Old 1st September 2005, 11:54   #7
Team-BHP Support

no you dont need to make any slits yourself. if you find yourself using anything other than a screw driver you are doing something wrong.
Old 1st September 2005, 13:13   #8
BHPian

Strange. When I remove the panel which holds the cigarette lighter and ash tray in my Alto, there is a metal frame kind of thing. There is a small box kind of thing, The stereo goes on top I assume. I removed that frame and checked. There are holes on the sides of the frame. When I put the HU in, the holes align midway on the sides of the HU. There are ears at the front end of the cage but there are no corresponding holes which is why I am confused.
Old 1st September 2005, 13:19   #9
BHPian

And I seemed to have successfully hijacked this thread. Sorry, zzzehar, sorry mods. We will get back on track very soon.

Zzzehar, which car do you have and can you check how your Pio head unit is fitted and let me know.
Old 1st September 2005, 13:26   #10
Senior - BHPian

Guys could someone tell me what High Pass and Low Pass are?? And will there be any difference if the Sub is in reverse, there is some option ladat in the HU(5750)
Old 1st September 2005, 14:12   #11
Team-BHP Support

hi pass: passes hi freq. like to small surround speakers
lo pass: passes lo freq. like to a sub
sub phase: check both ways due the difference between cars and some amps (inverting and non inverting) it is diffcult to give simple advise here. check both ways and see which one sound better.
Old 1st September 2005, 14:33   #12
Team-BHP Support

I own 4750 and i have printed manual for the same. Check out any big audio shop, they should allow you to photocopy the manual.
Old 1st September 2005, 14:56   #13
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivekphadnis
Strange. When I remove the panel which holds the cigarette lighter and ash tray in my Alto, there is a metal frame kind of thing. There is a small box kind of thing, The stereo goes on top I assume. I removed that frame and checked. There are holes on the sides of the frame. When I put the HU in, the holes align midway on the sides of the HU. There are ears at the front end of the cage but there are no corresponding holes which is why I am confused.
Vivek you have an alto right? You dont need to remove the panel that holds the lighter and the ashtray. The fitting is from the OUTSIDE. Just slide the cage in from the outside, so that the lip prevents it from going further inside, then reach in with a screwdriver and twist the dog ears in place, then click the deck in. that's it!
Old 1st September 2005, 15:05   #14
Team-BHP Support

yes and Sam do you want to suggest mods to the DAC, power supply etc of the pio units. LOL.. ha ha ha otherwise we can trust that this thread is well and truly hijacked.
Old 1st September 2005, 15:37   #15
Distinguished - BHPian

yaya ZZehar sorry man, this threads gone all wrong.

Most Viewed