Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st October 2005, 12:14   #286
BHPian

By the way, after I saw McLaren's Hertz tweeters I decided to place the JBL 426s in a similar way (angled slightly towards the centre of the car cabin). I can feel the improvement in the staging. Would it be better to point the tweeters straight or angled like I have done now? Remember, the 426 tweeters are angled too.
Old 21st October 2005, 12:25   #287
BHPian

Vivek,

Use angle mounts and point the tweeter towards the opposide side seat belt harness. This way you will get better imaging and soundstage.
Old 21st October 2005, 12:38   #288
Team-BHP Support

JB, from what i understand the 426 tweeter is angled all vivek has to do is rotate the tweeter to the seat belt harness.

Vivek the concept here is to keep both passengers within the sweet spot so by doing as JB says you really expand teh sweet spot to encompass both front passengers.

the added advantage you get bythis is that the near tweeter is off axis for each passenger and since the near tweeter is 0.5m away from the listener it feel less harsh if it heard of axis.
Old 21st October 2005, 15:05   #289
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)
ever heard of subwoofers being served at subway???

haha..have any of u ever heard of subwoofers being served at subway ...yes its true atleast according to JB..here we are at subway after a tiring days work of install,fine tuning and all..JB is so engrossed about speakers,HU,amps and subwoofers that as he enters the subway stall asks "which subwoofer u want"..haha nearly died of laughter there..so engrossed we were that we hardly knew what we were speaking about..

must see:

here is JB at subway lookin at the counter and wondering " now where has my DVC subwoofer disappeared too,im damn hungry "..

Old 21st October 2005, 15:28   #290
Team-BHP Support

Vivek, are you adding midbasses to the 426 in the front?
Old 21st October 2005, 15:30   #291
Distinguished - BHPian

Navin, the 426 is a 4" co-axial unit. How will he add mid-bass speakers and where will he mount them?
Old 21st October 2005, 16:54   #292
Team-BHP Support

midbass in the door roll of 150-200Hz.
Old 21st October 2005, 21:48   #293
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885
as he enters the subway stall asks "which subwoofer u want"
Hahaha, that is sooo expected!

Congratulations on your setup too mclaren im sure youll be enjoying your music. I heard about ur install from gunbir while it was being done, while we were working on the sonata out here. All i can say is that atleast im totally hooked on to this stuff now. I wish you could have heard the setup in Gunbir's Getz, im totally in love with it *drool drool drool* I ask him for a demo everytime i meet him hehe!

Cheers~

Arush
Old 21st October 2005, 23:39   #294
BHPian

That is what I meant, pointing the tweeters towards the opposite side seat belt. But you see, the speaker holes in the dash are not neat so that the driver goes in neatly. There are all kinds of projections and stuff. On the driver side, I am able to point the tweeter towards the opposite side seat belt. But on the left side, the speaker just would not get in. So I broke off two tabs. Now, the speaker goes in but the lowest part of the tweeter (which should be pointing towards the driver side seat belt) is parallel to the dash. Stupid Maruti. How do I get around this?

JB, And what are angle mounts?

Navin, as Sam has said, the door cutting and all that will have to be done. I think I would rather go for an amplifier first. I am thinking of getting the Alpine 240 or 320 V power thingie.
Old 21st October 2005, 23:52   #295
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by autopsyche
Hahaha, that is sooo expected!

Congratulations on your setup too mclaren im sure youll be enjoying your music. I heard about ur install from gunbir while it was being done, while we were working on the sonata out here. All i can say is that atleast im totally hooked on to this stuff now. I wish you could have heard the setup in Gunbir's Getz, im totally in love with it *drool drool drool* I ask him for a demo everytime i meet him hehe!

Cheers~

Arush
thanks a lot arush!!! i sure am enjoying my music..well ya heard about the sonata install as gunbir kept telling me what u both were upto when JB was here..great work u guys have managed there..well i too am very keen to listen to gunbirs install..have heard a lot about it from JB..might be in delhi for the auto expo godwilling..so hopefully will bump into u too..haha gunbir better watch out,kahin tumhari getz ko kisiki nazar na lage...nimboo aur mirchi lagale beta nahi to baad me pachtayega ...
Old 22nd October 2005, 16:45   #296
BHPian

Mr. Deepak Asrani,

Are you from Rontek Sound, Bangalore? Not sure, but just chekcing out. Your name sounds very familiar.....

May be, I've read your name on the Indiacar message board....

Just checking, don't mind!

glad to have another expert on Car audio.......

My greetings to you!
Old 25th October 2005, 12:07   #297
BANNED

ok guys i know this is a bit too soon to talk about some upgradations but looking at the time it took me to finally decide on the setup decided i better post it up..
im looking for a pioneer dvd changer and a good screen to watch the dvds on..budget around 15k..so guys keep ur views rolling...
Old 25th October 2005, 12:16   #298
Team-BHP Support

mclaren if you are willing to live with FM mod connection I got a Necvox DVD changer and a Necvox Screen for 16K some time back. The audio streams via a FM modulator.
Old 25th October 2005, 12:27   #299
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
mclaren if you are willing to live with FM mod connection I got a Necvox DVD changer and a Necvox Screen for 16K some time back. The audio streams via a FM modulator.
hhmm..navin are u sure the necovx dvd changer works with the pio HU..bcoz i wagely remember someone telling me that only pio dvd changers are compatible..and what are the pros and cons of streaming via a FM modulator...

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 25th October 2005 at 12:28.
Old 25th October 2005, 12:34   #300
Team-BHP Support

well i got an Alpine but using a FM modulator for the audio i dont think you'll have any problems all you need is a free FM station.
cons - audio quality is so so.

since our DVD changer is used for my son's movies we dont care. An alpine DVD changer and screen was being sold for about 70K.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks