Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th January 2010, 13:35   #1

Need Music System advice- Budget 20K

Hi friends- Kindly need your expertise for upgrading my Getz (2006) music system. Budget is approx 20 K. As most of you know Getz doest have rear speakers . Planning to put a wooden plank ( costing ~ 1000 Rs) and install 2 speakers.

Do provide me your recommendations for brand/good shop in Bangalore who does a professional job

Thanks
Ram
Old 11th January 2010, 14:30   #2
Senior - BHPian

1. What do you have in your car currently?

2. Which area do you stay in Bangalore?
Old 12th January 2010, 09:42   #3

Hi DerAlte

I have a Pioneer Music System ( complements from Trident Hyundai-) and I am absolutely unimpressed with the output/clarity/quality etc.

I stay in Brookfields but have no issues in going across the town tofind a quality guy

Rds
Ram
Old 12th January 2010, 14:10   #4
Senior - BHPian

A Pio HU is no slouch, so speakers should be the focus for you. First replace the front speakers with components. As Trident would have quite likely put in cheap coaxes originally, this will make immediate impact to what you are hearing. Then put in the 6x9s on the plank over the boot to get a better feeling of bass.

Try EVO in Cambridge Layout (near Sai Baba temple; Satya is @blueraven216 on TBHP) or Autofusion in Koramangala (near Koramangala Club; Thouqeer is the main guy) - they will advise you well before you buy. You need not put in an amp immediately - an amp will make the situation better once you have good speakers in and are familiar with 'better' sound from your system. Insist on listening to a few brands / models before you decide.
Old 4th August 2010, 00:26   #5

this is something of a similar impediment that i have as well.

I will be getting a delivery of my new Ritz VXI and im facing a question of which ICE to put in. my budget is 20 to 25k.

i require the following:
Music Unit (not keen for video)
4 speakers in the car
1 subwoofer

As i have been suggested by a friend, he says that i should choose the head unit as Pioneer, with BT, SD & MMC card reader plus Aux in from front. he also suggests the front 2 speakers as pioneer and back two as JBL ,amp from Sony Xplod and the subwoofer from either Sony Xplod again or POLK audio.

i dont know how this config sets in, but is it worth doing a component jumble??

also, what do you think would be the best configuration if my budget is around 20 to 25 k?
Old 4th August 2010, 09:46   #6
Senior - BHPian

1. Apart from Pio, you could look at Kenwood, JVC and Blaupunkt. SD/MMC perhaps you could avoid in favor of USB - better flexibility. This should be 7-10K
2. Put components (not 'speakers', which almost always means co-axes) in front - JBL, Infinity, Blaupunkt, Polk, etc. Should cost 5-6K
3. Use JBL, Blaupunkt or even Pio 6x9 coaxes on the parcel shelf - about 3.5-5K
4. Get a 4 channel amp (Blaupunkt GT4 Spl. Mk2, JBL A644, Kenwood 8404, etc.) - app. 6K. Use 2 channels to drive the front components. Good cables, wiring, labor etc. will cost you another 2-3K
5. Initially, before considering a sub, connect the rear 6x9 to the amp rear channels. If after listening for some weeks you miss the low punch, get a JBL, Blaupunkt or Polk sub, connect it to the rear channels of the amp (bridged), and shift the rear 6x9s to the HU rear speaker channels

Most of all, make sure you audition everything so that you are comfortable with what you want to get. Listening choices vary, and only your ears (and the grey matter in between) should decide what you want.
Old 4th August 2010, 09:55   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amritnoronha View Post
As i have been suggested by a friend, he says that i should choose the head unit as Pioneer, with BT, SD & MMC card reader plus Aux in from front. he also suggests the front 2 speakers as pioneer and back two as JBL ,amp from Sony Xplod and the subwoofer from either Sony Xplod again or POLK audio.
Just an FYI. You could try calling up the Autocop service, who are one of the official importers of Pioneer audio in India, inquiring about the head unit and speakers you have in mind. They might have a good deal for you.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks