Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th February 2010, 14:44   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

Interesting. Considering we're all in Bangalore, maybe we should all meet and check out Aditbelw's system.

What say tried everything? Maybe its time for a Scorp get-together as well.
Old 5th February 2010, 14:52   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Interesting. Considering we're all in Bangalore, maybe we should all meet and check out Aditbelw's system.

What say tried everything? Maybe its time for a Scorp get-together as well.
Guys, most welcome! Let me know when & where. Though, it wont be a Scorpio get together for me. I'll be the odd one out.
Old 5th February 2010, 15:51   #33
BHPian

Absolutely!
Tell me When and Where? - I'll be there! I stay in Bangalore north (near mekhri circle). Where do you guys stay? Maybe it's time to PM each other

Last edited by triedeverything : 5th February 2010 at 15:56.
Old 5th February 2010, 16:19   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by triedeverything View Post
Absolutely!
Tell me When and Where? - I'll be there! I stay in Bangalore north (near mekhri circle). Where do you guys stay? Maybe it's time to PM each other
Am also in Northern part of Bangalore @ Sahakaranagar.

Let's fix up a meetup on a weekend since, would be leaving for Mahabalipuram tomorrow morning for two days.

Venue is up to you guys..!!!
Old 11th February 2010, 09:22   #35
BHPian

While I try to make up my mind on the HU, would you recommend upgrading the component speakers for a start? I haven't heard them, but what is your opinion on Mutant component speakers? Can it be a simple DIY job?
Old 13th February 2010, 17:03   #36
BHPian

People, I've kind of decided on the JVC 826 though this does not come with inbuilt GPS. I'm still looking at an attachment for this.

Now for the components, I'm looking at infinity, Polk or Hertz. Any recommendations?

Also the gray market price for the HU is 24250 and with B&W, it is 29700. What is the best place to buy this unit with B&W in Bangalore?
Old 17th February 2010, 15:37   #37
Senior - BHPian

Lastly I checked in Delhi with B&W JVC826 is costing around 28.5K.

@Aditbelw - Can you post some pictures of the setup ?? It would be a great gesture !
Old 17th February 2010, 21:51   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashthedivx View Post
Lastly I checked in Delhi with B&W JVC826 is costing around 28.5K.

@Aditbelw - Can you post some pictures of the setup ?? It would be a great gesture !
Everything is cheaper in Delhi - just like fuel!

Check the classifieds - he's selling it.
Old 18th February 2010, 12:04   #39
Senior - BHPian

Thanks, checked it out.

Have you checked out Kenwood 5032 (one which comes with Cedia) Good part is one can attach GPS unit to expand GPS functionality ??
Old 18th February 2010, 14:22   #40
BHPian

Yes I have. The base unit is priced 32K without bluetooth or GPS. Mitsubushi has a tie up with a GPS provider who gets this done on the Cedia. The dealers I spoke to don't know what needs to be done. However, Satguide has a device that is compatible with Kenwood series. That's another 12K. The Blue tooth adapter is another 6.2k. The front panel does not come out like the JVC and it the preouts are only 2v compared to the 5V from the 826. And oh, they have one that comes with inbuilt blue tooth (Kenwood 8032) and this is priced at 58K !

I'm trying to get in touch with Adit to see if the people who installed the HU for him have any expertise on GPS. If yes, then I'll need to know if the GPS unit that he uses can be used with the JVC 826. I've seen the 826 unit and absolutely love it.
Old 18th February 2010, 14:55   #41
Senior - BHPian

Please do not plan to buy a Kenwood Multimedia device, i was looking for a KVT-532DVD and tried on their below number, but the female executive had never heard of any such devices of kenwood LOL, they are TOO MUCH.

Nippon Audiotronix Ltd. C-4, Sector-12, Noida 0120-2545555
Old 18th February 2010, 15:58   #42
Senior - BHPian

In Delhi, Kenwood 5032 is available with b&w for 27K with 2 year warranty. However, for bluetooth and GPS connectivity I am still trying to find a reliable source to trust upon for exact model no.

However, in any case it doesen't looks like AVX826 is compatible with navigation system.

PS: I am also considering a EEEPC powered CarPC but a bit scared about clutter.
Old 18th February 2010, 16:21   #43
BHPian

@ triedeverything:- Please check you PM.

I got my priority system from Hot Tracks, Bangalore. As mentioned before, to my dismay there was no inbuilt GPS system, though I was told by Mr Anil Padiwal, that it does. He also was not aware, that it required an external unit to make it work. We all went by what the box said, "GPS compatible", and thought it just required the Map set.

Guys, have you tried looking for GPS double din on ebay.in, there are a few.

Also, you can have a look @ Buy Car Entertainment Systems | Car & Auto Accessories | GADGETS.IN at Gadgets.in - an Online Shopping Store! Electronic Gadgets & Gift items in India

Buy Gadgets.in - Online gadget Shop| New Gadget| India - Home at Gadgets.in - an Online Shopping Store! Electronic Gadgets & Gift items in India ---> Car electronics
Old 18th February 2010, 16:51   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashthedivx View Post

However, in any case it doesen't looks like AVX826 is compatible with navigation system.
Are you certain? What does the Kenwood have that allows it to be GPS compatible? I'm thinking a good installer will be able to use the HU like a monitor if we buy a suitable receiver. The problem is - where do we find one? (Installer)

Last edited by triedeverything : 18th February 2010 at 16:53.
Old 18th February 2010, 17:03   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by triedeverything View Post
Are you certain? What does the Kenwood have that allows it to be GPS compatible? I'm thinking a good installer will be able to use the HU like a monitor if we buy a suitable receiver. The problem is - where do we find one? (Installer)
Every Company, has it's own proprietary systems, so a external GPS unit meant for Alpine, would not work on Kenwood systems or vice- versa.

What you need for the Kenwood "GPS compatible" system is something like this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Kenwood-KNA-G431...item5885aa80f1

As, for installing , that's one of the easiest tasks, and any audio installer would be able to do it. It's not technical at all, as perceived.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks