Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st July 2006, 17:39   #31
NIP
Senior - BHPian

thanks for the response JK...i need a lil more help...what are components and kickpanels ?! can i get these for the front and rear instead of regular speakers ?!

sorry...i think my kenwood subs are 10" and not 12"...and theres no sony504 on the website...they seem to have a XM-554ZR
4/3 Channel Stero Power amplifier. you think 2 of these will be good enuff ?! i dont have a big budget. :(( i have a solid box for the 2 subs made for a lancer, which i intend to exchange for one that fits in a scorpio...

EB Bass in bangalore charged 8.5k for installation of a similar setup in a old honda city vtec. dont u think this is way too expensive !?
Old 22nd July 2006, 12:38   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble
Hi Navin, correct me if I'm wrong, but in most cases, manufacturers don't publish the Mms, unless it's a serious brand.
I dunno about that B&T, like we give those out with even the entry level (read Rs.4000/-) subwoofer
Old 22nd July 2006, 12:54   #33
NIP
Senior - BHPian

thanks for that sam...! since i have serious budget constraints...i think i'll go in for 2 sony 4ch amps (XM-554ZR). as for the speakers, i think i'll pick up pioneer 6x9s for the rear.

now...for the front speakers in the scorpio...i want to install speakers in the factory port itself. that boils down to 4x6s for the front...and you mentioned JBL and blaupunkt. i think i'll scout around for these...any idea how much these cost ?! ...and do u think i need tweeters ?! i really dont like the high notes as i listen to only electronic and rock music. can i go in for these 4x6 speakers for the rear as well...since i'm using 2 subs...will these do ?!
Old 22nd July 2006, 13:02   #34
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIP
thanks for that sam...! since i have serious budget constraints...i think i'll go in for 2 sony 4ch amps (XM-554ZR). as for the speakers, i think i'll pick up pioneer 6x9s for the rear.

now...for the front speakers in the scorpio...i want to install speakers in the factory port itself. that boils down to 4x6s for the front...and you mentioned JBL and blaupunkt. i think i'll scout around for these...any idea how much these cost ?! ...and do u think i need tweeters ?! i really dont like the high notes as i listen to only electronic and rock music. can i go in for these 4x6 speakers for the rear as well...since i'm using 2 subs...will these do ?!
What are these 4X6s you're speaking about??
Old 22nd July 2006, 13:07   #35
Senior - BHPian

Yeah... we do too... even for our entry level products...

Old 22nd July 2006, 14:29   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak
What are these 4X6s you're speaking about??
The factory slot for a scorpio (not the new one) is 4"X6"

An odd size made by fewer manufacturers. afaik, In India, Blaupunkt and JBL are the only 2 that make that size.
Old 22nd July 2006, 14:45   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi
I dunno about that B&T, like we give those out with even the entry level (read Rs.4000/-) subwoofer
Ah well! I always thought JBLwas a serious brand.
Old 22nd July 2006, 15:24   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

LMAO I walked into that one didn't I? heh heh

No I meant, cheaper products, entry level products ya...
Old 22nd July 2006, 17:36   #39
NIP
Senior - BHPian

will u guys stop talkin to each other n help a a bit here !?
Old 22nd July 2006, 17:59   #40
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIP

Yeah lol sorry. Welcome to the ICE section.We do talk to each other sometimes, no need to break your head like that

OK so,One 4 channel will be for your 4 speakers (By the way, if you buy 4X6, please use the HPF and cut at 100Hz)
Then you can use the other to power your 2 subs. BTW, if you have not bought that amp yet, let me tell you, it does not have enough juice to subwoofers. Spend little more and get a decent monoblock. What woofers do you use?
Old 22nd July 2006, 20:12   #41
NIP
Senior - BHPian

kenwood subs. i need 1 monoblock for each sub then right ? and then one more for the speakers !?
Old 22nd July 2006, 20:31   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIP
kenwood subs. i need 1 monoblock for each sub then right ? and then one more for the speakers !?
get a good 4 channel for your speakers( 2 pairs right?) and a good mono amp.
Old 22nd July 2006, 20:34   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIP
You can buy a very powerful mono or a 2-ch or a 4-ch in bridged mode for two subs.
And yes u need another 4-ch for 4 door speakers.
Add 7-8 k for amplifier kit,distribution block and RCA cables

So u have to increase ur budget considerably.

Last edited by rsjaurr : 22nd July 2006 at 20:41.
Old 22nd July 2006, 22:58   #44
Senior - BHPian

DAMN I'm missing all the action lately!!..

NIP... BUddy.... Please ... PLEASE FIX your budget and plan your ICE around it... the other way you will go broke!!... Trust me ... I KNOW!! ...

Old 22nd July 2006, 23:42   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIP
Which kenwood subs do u have Single voice coil or double voice coil....any model no will help

Last edited by low_bass_makker : 22nd July 2006 at 23:43.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks