Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Search this Thread
Old 13th March 2010, 20:31   #61
BHPian

Bought the rig...

Finally bought the setup. Installation was done in Emperor. It took 3hrs. Mr.Zuhemi was there guiding the people for the installation.

Price:
Bull Sub(SW 12) : 5k
Kenwood 5203 : 3.5k
Enclosure : 1.7k
Wiring : 1.5k
Pre-out cable for HU : .4k

Total : 13k (Including labour)

Bull kick is awesome. I liked the kick bass. It doesn't sustain long and feels rigid. Its so strong that I reduced my bass level on my HU from +7 to -3. And i like the way it moves( will upload a video tomorrow).

The amp is placed under the driver seat. I played it for 2hr and it was not hot. I think its sufficient for the bull sub.

Sadly my HU was not reading any cds properly. They couldn't fine tune the system.

Uploading some pics, as I was in hurry to reach home, I didn't post installation pics.
Attached Thumbnails
ICE upgrade for my Indica turbo-dsc01739.jpg  

ICE upgrade for my Indica turbo-dsc01740.jpg  

ICE upgrade for my Indica turbo-dsc01743.jpg  

ICE upgrade for my Indica turbo-dsc01746.jpg  

ICE upgrade for my Indica turbo-dsc01749.jpg  

ICE upgrade for my Indica turbo-dsc01750.jpg  

ICE upgrade for my Indica turbo-dsc01751.jpg  

ICE upgrade for my Indica turbo-dsc01753.jpg  

Old 14th March 2010, 05:58   #62
BHPian

How to tune the amplifier?
Old 15th March 2010, 08:56   #63
Senior - BHPian

there is nothing to be tuned. options are an LPF which can be turned on and off ( recommended ON) and a level knob ( which is kinda redundant if you have a subwoofer level control in your HU)

How's the amp?
when are you getting comps in front
Old 15th March 2010, 12:25   #64
Senior - BHPian

Congrats I have the same sub and I really like the punch that I get out of it. How much power are you sending in to the sub?
Old 15th March 2010, 21:00   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
there is nothing to be tuned. options are an LPF which can be turned on and off ( recommended ON) and a level knob ( which is kinda redundant if you have a subwoofer level control in your HU)
I don't have a subwoofer level control in my HU. The knob in amp adjusts the sensitivity. What is that?

Quote:
How's the amp?
when are you getting comps in front
I don't have any idea about the performance of an amp. But I can tell you one thing, the combination of bull and kenwood is nice. It kicks hard, I have increased the bass higher and there was not even a single misfire note from the sub. Whenever I increased the bass the sub kicks even harder. At that point of time my blau 6X9's started making false noise.

My current set up is two front speakers and two ovals at the parcel tray. But the bull cracks the sound from those speakers, and continues pumping happily. So I think I'll have to go for a set of comps asap. Even my mom said it needs better treble and sound from the front side (she liked the sub setup and told that we'll think of comps, may be she'll help with some money).

So green, suggest me some good comps. Does it need an amp?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARKled View Post
Congrats I have the same sub and I really like the punch that I get out of it. How much power are you sending in to the sub?
Thanks Sparkled, I liked the sub very much. Regarding the power I am not so good with electronic stuffs. Well I am using KENWOOD 5203 in bridged mode
Old 15th March 2010, 21:28   #66
Senior - BHPian

Congrats! now we are talking What next... when I guess is ideal !

Search for a thread by kureti (IIRC) about tuning subs.
Old 15th March 2010, 21:29   #67
Senior - BHPian

it adjust the volume of the amp to compensate for the pre out signal levels. some HU's have very high voltage PRE outs, some have low. so this adjust for that. just leave it where Mr Z left it.

Your HU has very little features :| an HPF would have helped matters. so no tuning options.

comps - why bull comps but i dont think emperor have any in 5.25 inch ( thats the stock size) . if you dont mind adding spacers ( check if emperor can do that on the indica) , you can fit 6.5"ers.

If 5.25 inchers are the only choice, try hertz. i saw a pair of them for 4.85k in chennai
Old 15th March 2010, 21:49   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Congrats! now we are talking What next... when I guess is ideal !

Search for a thread by kureti (IIRC) about tuning subs.
Thanks man. I got the link too.

Quote:
it adjust the volume of the amp to compensate for the pre out signal levels. some HU's have very high voltage PRE outs, some have low. so this adjust for that. just leave it where Mr Z left it.

Your HU has very little features :| an HPF would have helped matters. so no tuning options.

comps - why bull comps but i dont think emperor have any in 5.25 inch ( thats the stock size) . if you dont mind adding spacers ( check if emperor can do that on the indica) , you can fit 6.5"ers.

If 5.25 inchers are the only choice, try hertz. i saw a pair of them for 4.85k in chennai
As you said early the comps day is not too far. I'll check with emperor whether they can fit 6.5''ers with spacers.

Hey green, I told about you to Mr.Z and he remembers you well.

JKD and green, my HU is 60% dead. I am planning to go for a new HU. My prime concern is a USB port. I don't want to play cds any more. I am really confused between two kind of things. One is a cheapest pio with a usb (for which the emperor offered a price of 6.5k). The second one is an Alpine IDA-X300 ( I don't know the price for that HU, I think its some where near 10k). If that Alpine is good one which offer good SQ and better music management + features I'll go for that. What do you guys think? And if possible can you please post the price for the Alpines.

Regards.
Old 15th March 2010, 21:51   #69
Senior - BHPian

I think emperor dont have 5.25"ers since a friend checked with them recently for his A star, and they didn't have any. on the other hand, If they got new stock of anything, then that *should* do

No idea about current alpine prices. while they are not quite vfm, I would personally choose an alpine over a pioneer any day. The average alpine beats similarly priced pioneers in everything except vfm!

Last edited by greenhorn : 15th March 2010 at 22:00.
Old 15th March 2010, 22:37   #70
BHPian

Quote:
No idea about current alpine prices. while they are not quite vfm, I would personally choose an alpine over a pioneer any day. The average alpine beats similarly priced pioneers in everything except vfm!
Ya, the alpine looks a bit high for the price. The guys in emperor too suggested Alpine over pio

Is there any ida-x300 users in tbhp?

Most Viewed