Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th July 2006, 18:53   #541
Senior - BHPian

Ok another find. Thsi time its a video. Its about Blaupunkt!
http://rapidshare.de/files/25733932/...akers.zip.html
Old 13th July 2006, 18:57   #542
Senior - BHPian

the two rabbits are have good fun...........
Old 14th December 2006, 14:53   #543
BHPian

Seen it being done

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthik247 View Post
Dunno if i need to start a new thread for this....

For goodness sake, thank lord its a Santro!
During my last trip to kerala... did see the person who specializes in this (bad) install.... He is a few kms away from Palghat... He does this (Asus CD Rom) and he also does a DVD Rom with a real crappy inbuilt amp... but this stuff is done in buses, autos etc... but my how i felt sad seeing it done in a santro... (I own a Santro and I promise her I'd never submit her to this kinda torture)
Old 14th December 2006, 18:44   #544
NIP
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suren181 View Post
During my last trip to kerala... did see the person who specializes in this (bad) install.... He is a few kms away from Palghat... He does this (Asus CD Rom) and he also does a DVD Rom with a real crappy inbuilt amp... but this stuff is done in buses, autos etc... but my how i felt sad seeing it done in a santro... (I own a Santro and I promise her I'd never submit her to this kinda torture)
i think all us TBHP-ICEians should pool in some money and give this guy the supari !
Old 14th December 2006, 21:49   #545
Team-BHP Support

I have seen a few installs like this one and I always wonder ..."what one earth was this guys thingking"...in my younger student days I was on a strict budget and even then my installs were never this ugly.
Old 14th December 2006, 22:25   #546
NIP
Senior - BHPian

another thing i was wondering...will the CDs play ok while driving...wont they skip ?? the cars HUs have a buffer to avoid this...but what happens here...?? a CD-ROM drive like this one might cost around 1k..and you can get a basic CD-MP3 HU (chinese) for 2-2.5k or lesser even...so whats the point...?!! this guys out to prove something...
Old 24th January 2007, 15:51   #547
Senior - BHPian

now that i bought another 2 channel amp
Soundstream | International Products » Amplifiers » Lil' Wonder Series
2 CHANNEL LW2.240 SoundStream @ Channel Amplifier - Sound Around

I want to play two subs. One via the PA275 and the other via the 2.240

My present setup is

Pio 7750 HU
Frnt: GTO 426e ............powered by Pio GM6000F
Rear: GTO 606Ce...........powered by Pio GM6000F

Sub: GTO1000B ............powered by Blau PA275

RCA: 3 Audisons (FT2600)

I dont want BOOMM BOOMMM so dont ask me to go for IB installs. I havent heard SWWS install and hence I 'think' its another IB install where you save space and you would have a sub in your car even if I have to take the box out for space

I will/may get a 3way for front; but then how do I power it? Using the Pio?

Rear of course will be a coax in the default speaker pods.

and some damping.

and yes I have an installer in mind.

So what suggestion is for; how I use all these amps.... ( now visualize this....one PA275 to the left of PIO GM6000F, to the right is my new LW2.240 all fixed to my rear seats)

and I want two subs I guess; I WILL retain my present Sub ( not box if I get idea how to use it )

dnt ask me to sell all these and get some 5 channel amp or so and wierd ideas like that.

this is my present setup...
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-en...tml#post230686
Old 24th January 2007, 18:06   #548
Senior - BHPian

why do you want two subs....any particular reason of having 2 subs....

and why do you want to drive them with different amps...I would never suggest such thing....

which will be your second sub.....
Old 24th January 2007, 18:25   #549
Senior - BHPian

For 2 subs, I think you should use the same sub drivers, and ideally the same amp, if you are planning to power them separately. Best scenario would be identical drivers being driven by a single high power 4-ch or a high power monoblock.

Your sub is a GTO sub-box, right? You'll need to buy an identical sub-box, or get an identical driver, lose the original box, and get a big partitioned box (or 2 separate boxes) for the 2 drivers. I don't think you will be able to build a box that is exactly the same as the current box.

Getting an identical PA275 is not possible now? I thought you had a few of them stashed away someplace?

Is all this going into the same Santro? Or are you getting a new hatch?

Suggestion:
The 2-ch amp seems to be powerful enough to drive a set of 3-ways in the
front. Use the 2-ch for the 3-ways. And the Pio Amp for the 2 subs. Will you be OK with driving the rear speakers from the HU? If so, you're set.

Only you now have a PA275 lying with you. Selling it shouldn't be a problem as it is a good amp (here you're not selling it to finance another amp, so is it ok?). And you know what to do with the money you get after selling it, right?

EDIT: Don't tell me you want all 3 amps running? Would be a bit of overkill?

Last edited by hydrashok : 24th January 2007 at 18:28.
Old 24th January 2007, 19:42   #550
Senior - BHPian

lbm: coz i have 3 amps now. one a brand new one and i like my pa275 as its damn small for an amp.

and since i already have a jbl sub, teh next too should be a jbl sub

@ hydra
i can take the sub from the box and put it into this

two of these at two sides of boot! what say!
Old 24th January 2007, 19:49   #551
Senior - BHPian

I would again say what hydra has said that if you want to put two similar subs get similar amps.......
Old 24th January 2007, 19:50   #552
Senior - BHPian

emm; so sell the Pio 6000f and get a more power 4 channel?

or would my 6000f play two subs ( ie, 2 10inchers!) and IF SO, which 2 channel should i use to play the 3 way?

PA275 or LW2.240

@ hydra; me waiting for more new cars to come; if i get a new car then, I know what to do

Last edited by jkdas : 24th January 2007 at 20:05.
Old 24th January 2007, 22:26   #553
Team-BHP Support

I would not recommend either for fullrange both are fine for driving a sub. it is nice to have simialr amps for similar subs but there is no rule for this. as long as they have similar wattage and their sensitivities are calibrated to about the same (using the input level control) you should be ok.
Old 24th January 2007, 23:53   #554
Senior - BHPian

Whoops! So the PA275 is a 2 ch amp. I'd thought it was a mono. Now I guess It is easy right? The Pio should power the 2xJBL 10" subs. Maybe a ported enclosure will give best results.

I think the Soundstream might be better for the 3-ways as it is a proper Class AB amp. Class T is fine, but I'd read on the internet that Class T doesn't sound as good as Class AB, when you're feeding speakers. Subs would be allright, and there woudn't be any audible difference I guess. Maybe Navin can comment on this?

And of course, which 3-ways are going in? In a way, the more powerful of the two 2-ch amps should power the fronts. The other 2-ch can power the rear speakers.

I guess you're going to have to spend a fortune on wiring 3 amps??? (unless you're keeping the current wires for the 2 amps).

That enclosure you've shown a pic of in your post looks good
Old 25th January 2007, 00:14   #555
BANNED

Well mine is a very basic setup or so i call it..got a few speakers..."chota" sa sub and 2 amps...details as soon as i get to put my garage up..but heres a pic for now...thats the psp setup in the front,just above the a/c vents...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks