Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th February 2010, 11:43   #1

Help in ICE-hearing some hizz sound from FE Components

Hi Gurus,

Recently I've upgraded my ICE for my NHC.

HU:Pioneer 5250
FE:JBL 5' component-JBL GTO508C
RE:JBL GT5-S265
AMP:4Channel-JBL GT5-S644
Subwoofer:JBL CS 1215
Wiring kit:Power

The setup is clean and good. But i am hearing an unusual hizz/humming sound coming from my FE component tweeters/speakers when the volume is low.

And also at times i could hear some 'dup' sound when I increase my volume to 0-1 or 1-0 like switching on/off the power supply.

When i chked with the installation folks for above two issues, thy said its because of the power and they chked the RC cable and said its a normal behaviour. But still i am hearing the hizz sound, is it a normal behaviour, Is this correct info or do I need to modify anything?

When i s/w off the HU the sound vanished.
Old 15th February 2010, 12:58   #2
Senior - BHPian

No, this is not normal behavior. Ask them to redo the grounding of the amp.
Old 15th February 2010, 14:11   #3
BHPian

@dkarthikkeyan - Are you getting the hissing sound when you are playing the radio alone?
Old 15th February 2010, 15:37   #4
Senior - BHPian

This things happen when our great installer's try to switch speaker phase when the amplifier/HU is "ON" it catching alternator whining sound,if that "DUP" and hissing sound is coming i would suggest re-check the wiring ground the HU+ground the amplifier to another place,if possible use a better RCA cable it will vanish.

Ramie
Old 16th February 2010, 08:54   #5

Thank you folks(Ramie and DerAlte) , will take a quick look at your suggestions with the installer and get back to u.
Falcon it's not the sound coming when u tune to hear radio it's even when i play from CD/USB.
Old 19th February 2010, 12:50   #6
Senior - BHPian

Try This installer. LINK . I have given directions in the post. He is Good to the best of my experience.

One Quick Thing Mate - no hard feelings please.

Are the speakers and other equipment Original with Company Bill and Warranty. I have had bad experiences on GP road stuff. I got some pioneer speakers for my Santro and LAter learnt that they are Fake. Same with Sony Front speakers. I got the HIZZ sound whatever music i play.

After this i decided that I will buy only from an authorized shop that too with Bill and Warranty. I went to Sony World on GST Road - Tambaram Sanotorium and got a good orignial pair with 2yrs B&W. I have absolutely no problem and the effect is Far better than GP road ones.
Old 22nd February 2010, 09:13   #7

Thanks you folks, it was an issue with the grounding of the amp and the cable. Now its temporarily sorted out by my friend itself and i m enjoying the music :-)
Bharath, I bought it from 'variety' in KG plaza in GP road. I've heard from few installers that they sell right products and the price to be reasonable. As you mentioned in ur post, I almost went to most of the shops in GP road and then finally bought it from Variety. Hope i bought from the right shop :-(

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks