Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th February 2010, 11:47   #1
BHPian

Audio in my Alto

Hi All. I have a small query. I have installed polk 12 inch subwoofer along with polk rear speakers in my alto. I have a four channel sony amplifier. the problem is woofer effect is good but when i close all the doors and windows i am unable to hear the punch effect outside.

I have installed the same polk subwoofer in my friend's fiesta and the effect sounds great. He also has the same 4 channel amp. I am able to hear the woofer effect some distance away from the car with all the doors and windows closed. The effect is awesome. i have seen many cars whose subwoofer effect is great with windows closed.

Does the boot space come into picture when we are installing the woofer? i have checked with radio ware house in chennai, they said that in alto this is the maximum that you can get since alto does not have enough boot space. Should i check for the quality of wires. Any of you guys here who have installed sub woofer in alto? How does it sound?
Old 18th February 2010, 16:48   #2
BHPian

Although the Sub-Woofers, Audio Head Unit make is same, acoustics in the Alto and Fiesta will definitely vary. The sub-woofers work for BASS normally for Frequency bandwidth from 50Hz to 160/200 Hz. The space in Alto with respect to Fiesta is less and hence resonance for these BASS frequencies is less for Alto.

Last edited by yogeshnaik : 18th February 2010 at 16:49.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks