Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th September 2005, 01:21   #1

suggestion for my accent audio...HELP !!

hey guyz...well let me introduce myself 1st of all..this is rohit frm bombay...i drive a hyundai accent CDRi. i have been follownin this site for a long time but havent posted.... ...finally i do post, but for some help frm the gurus in here....so plz guyz help me out...

i got a budget of Rs.20000-25000...well i have couple of pioneer component speakers..(the yellow ones) on the rear. head unit is sony 5500(will be chnging it too for probably a pioneer 7650)... . the front one`s are stock speakers provided by the company. all im looking out for is nice big 12" subwoofer and an amplifier that can pick up its load. i did a bit of research on my own just comment on it and plz do suggest wat other brands i shd look out for in this budget.it would be gr8 if u could list their prices as well...initially i did have a pioneer single coil 12"er with 250watts sony explod amplifier but that sucked BIG TIME. Returned it the very next week...so here goes...

1)sub-woofer:
pioneer 12" dual coil 1000watts / kicker 12" single coil 1000watts

2)amplifier:
BOSS C800...1600watts 4 channel(Rs.12000) /
2 sony 504s (Rs.3900 per piece)/
pioneer 944(Rs.????)...

plz gimme some light bout jbl,alpine,blaupunkt and audiobhn stuff... can i afford it in this range or other equivalent alternatives

and above all i need some contact nos. n if possible addresses of real good people who can load up my GADDI. ..have had a bad experience from the new bombay suckers who messed up the car recently...

well i`ll be leaving for singapore bangkok on 20th of this month...if i can get some good stuff there plz do let me know. paying customs duty here wont be a problem would b manged ...so plz guyz help me out here !!
Old 17th September 2005, 01:30   #2
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

well for the sub i suggest u go in for the JBl 1200 or 1000 series or check out the hertz sub newly introduced by gunbir..well the pioneers are not preferred however the kicker is ok..
make it a point to change ur OE front speakers and ul find one hellava difference..
amp again u can use the 504's only but a little more moolah and u can afford a good 4 channel amp from a good company..i suggest u use a 4 channel amp 4 the compos and the fronts and a 2 channel amp for a sub..will be better than u using single 4 channel boss amp for the entire setup as u will loose out on fader..so 2 amps will make ur setup sound way better..

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 17th September 2005 at 01:32.
Old 17th September 2005, 10:36   #3
Team-BHP Support

25K for a whole new System.

Get an Alpine HU for 12K.
Get 2 Sony amps for 7K (504 and 502) without B&W (10K with B&W).
Get Components in the front for 4K
Get a good 12" sub for 4K
Get good coax in the rear for 2K
upgrade wires RCA, Power and Speaker for 2K

12+7+8+4 = 31K. too rich? Get a lesser HU for say 8K and you can bring the budget to 27K.

Only reason I recommend Alpine and Sony respectively is that Alpine will give you a great HU to build around and Sony amps are ultimate VFM esp w/o B&W.
Old 17th September 2005, 10:41   #4
Senior - BHPian

Components at frnt (jbl,hertz (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7572), )

jbl tubes . they say 502z is enough 2 drive teh tube. check out teh above link for prices frm Hertz. Stick 2 one company stuff if u can.
audio experts will add more posts later today hopefully.

also, price list for Blaupunkt
(http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/showpo...postcount=1666 )

why not go for Alpine units if u have the dough?
Old 17th September 2005, 10:44   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
25K for a whole new System.

Get an Alpine HU for 12K.
Get 2 Sony amps for 7K (504 and 502) without B&W (10K with B&W).
Get Components in the front for 4K
Get a good 12" sub for 4K
Get good coax in the rear for 2K
upgrade wires RCA, Power and Speaker for 2K

12+7+8+4 = 31K. too rich? Get a lesser HU for say 8K and you can bring the budget to 27K.

Only reason I recommend Alpine and Sony respectively is that Alpine will give you a great HU to build around and Sony amps are ultimate VFM esp w/o B&W.
Navinji, I have a quest. Would a sub at the rear tray do a better job or a tube/box..

My friend wants 2 go in for a tube... a powered tube, not seperate tube and amp. enlighten pls
Old 17th September 2005, 11:02   #6
Team-BHP Support

tube or box. a powered tube is fine. it just integrates the wooofer with the sub. if done well it can do a better job than a similar tube + amp. why? becuase the amp can be specially designed for the woofer not for general purpose use.
Old 17th September 2005, 11:38   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
tube or box. a powered tube is fine. it just integrates the wooofer with the sub. if done well it can do a better job than a similar tube + amp. why? becuase the amp can be specially designed for the woofer not for general purpose use.
and hence the powered can be more costly?
Old 17th September 2005, 11:55   #8
Team-BHP Support

yes but you dont pay for the extra amp.
Old 17th September 2005, 14:37   #9

thanks guys for ur suggestions...ok so first of all i guess by the configuration navin had given, it was tempting nuff but the budget is goin a bit overboard. well all i can do right now is tht insted of loading up the car right away....i suppose i shd keep teh rear pioneer speakers(components) and shd only look for a sub and amplis for the time being....rest maybe after sme time.

as mclaren said is shd go in for 4 channel amp for speakers n a 2 channel for the sub. will the 2 channel amp b enough for a supposedly dual coil sub ??

id love to go in for a jbl or blaupunkt or hertz and wont mind sacrificing the front speakers for the future so wont mind if i have to spend more on the sub n ampli , just once and upgrading other stuff later on !!

so finally in a range of about 20-25K wat would be best buy for

1. sub-woofer
2. amlifers for sub n speakers
3. head unit after replacing my existing sony 5500(how about pioneer 7650 or 6750 here ??) to cut down the cost a bit

also i have this weird feling tht a sub sound more efective on the tray rather than the boot. plz insight me on this too guyz.

and again i would request u`ll to plzzzzz provide me wid some contact nos of good audio dealers n intallers in mumbai !!
Old 17th September 2005, 14:44   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas
Components at frnt (jbl,hertz (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7572), )

jbl tubes . they say 502z is enough 2 drive teh tube. check out teh above link for prices frm Hertz. Stick 2 one company stuff if u can.
audio experts will add more posts later today hopefully.

also, price list for Blaupunkt
(http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/showpo...postcount=1666 )

why not go for Alpine units if u have the dough?
thanks for the links...would love to go 4 alpine stuff bro..but do you think i could manage it all below 25K ?? the sub and mp and the wirings ???
Old 17th September 2005, 14:57   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAMBAR_BURNERRR
i suppose i shd keep teh rear pioneer speakers(components)

as mclaren said is shd go in for 4 channel amp for speakers n a 2 channel for the sub. will the 2 channel amp b enough for a supposedly dual coil sub ??

so finally in a range of about 20-25K wat would be best buy for
1. sub-woofer
2. amlifers for sub n speakers
3. head unit after replacing my existing sony 5500(how about pioneer 7650 or 6750 here ??) to cut down the cost a bit

also i have this weird feling tht a sub sound more efective on the tray rather than the boot. plz insight me on this too guyz.
Hi. Heres what I suggest. Move the Pioneer comps to your front. Replace them in the future when you can.

Get the Pioneer 7750. It has 3 preouts and will do a better job of handing your system.

Dont use a bass tube as all the sound will be contained by your boot and you will not get any output into the cabin. A sub box in the boot will work only if you have massive power available. The most ideal setup for you (in your budget) is to get a 12" free air sub and install in the rear parcel shelf. Make sure you use a custom fabricated .75" or 1" mdf tray. Also, seal the tray all around so that no air leaks from the boot into the cabin and vice versa.

If you cant afford two amps, get a good 4 channel amp and use two channels to drive your front comps and the other two bridged to drive the sub. Drive your rear coaxial speakers from your head units rear speakers output.

Last edited by gunbir : 17th September 2005 at 14:59.
Old 17th September 2005, 15:32   #12
BHPian

Car audio is cheaper in S'pore. You can buy your amp and Hu there and save money. There was a thread started which was something like what car audio to get from Singapore. Search for it and get dealers address in Singapore.

For an HU, Alpine is preferred. Pioneer is VFM and some ppl dont like it coz they are harsh sounding. If you like its sound, buy it. A 4 volt HU would be ideal but may not be available in your budget.

The Pioneer 944 amp is a very capable amp. You can run 4 spkrs and a sub off it easily. Would recommend it over the Sony and Boss amps. But at around 13000 could be a bit over budget. You could buy the 644 instead at around 9000.

The kicker and the Pioneer DVC sub woofers would be fine. Or you could listen to Cerwin Vega, JBL, Blaupunkt. I personally own a Cerwin Vega and its pretty sweet sounding. The Pioneer again would be VFM. Install the sub in a well built ported enclosure.

One mistake you are making is keeping your front speakers stock. Buy yourself a good pair of 5 1/4" or 6 1/2" (whichever fits) component speakers for 5000 (Alpine, Blaupunkt, JBL)and use any cheap rear spkrs for just filling in. It will improve the sound in your car.

Finally, get it all installed with a professional and use good quality cables and wires. Good installation is very important.

Last edited by 5u3zEr0 : 17th September 2005 at 15:34.
Old 18th September 2005, 01:41   #13

even i agree to u guyz...i will def shift the components to the frnt n will kaam chalaofy wid stock spkrs till the time i dont save nuff for nother pair of comp for it..

okh guyz so finally i guess its time to decide.. now final inputs from all u gurus !!......navin ji,gunbir veerji...na ll da others reading this thread. the finl combintion in range of 20-25k.

i guess as gunbir said pioneer 7750 is final..
plz suggest the best sub and ampli combintion in 20K range. i would really apreciate if u`ll could be precise to the extent of mentioning model nos too

also wt brands shd i seriously look out for in singapore as i mostly might buy an amp from there....

PS: i hav a knida inclination towards blaupunkt now.. plz guide me O GURUJISSS !!! would love to kno more bout hertz sub frm gunbir paaji...
Old 18th September 2005, 02:11   #14
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
thanks for the links...would love to go 4 alpine stuff bro..but do you think i could manage it all below 25K ?? the sub and mp and the wirings ???
HU - 10K. I would say Pio but you get no B&W on that.
amps - 7K without B&W, 10K with.
speakers - front comps 4K
sub - 4K
rear - keep exsting
10+7+8 = 25K no B&W on amps.

now an HU sees a lot more abuse than the amp. the amp is set in the trunk and forgotten the HU has CDs inserted, controls to fool with etc.. so for an HU I would strongly recommend a B&W. Pios are good but dont offer that option in India.

I have not heard Clarion and of those I have heard I say the toss up is between a JVC or Sony. Alpines are 12K+.
Old 18th September 2005, 16:31   #15
BHPian

Quote:
also wt brands shd i seriously look out for in singapore as i mostly might buy an amp from there....

PS: i hav a knida inclination towards blaupunkt now.. plz guide me O GURUJISSS !!! would love to kno more bout hertz sub frm gunbir paaji...
Buy the Pioneer 944 or GM 6000 amp from S'pore. You should get it there for around 10/11000. Or an Alpine amp with the same output around 50 or 60 x 4 rms RMS like the F240 or M350. All of these are 4 channel amps.

For the sub,since u like Blau take a listen to it. Or buy the Pioneer or Premier DVC for around 4000 bucks. I am sure the Blau should be more expensive.

All this is around 17k to 18k. Keep around 2k for a good enclosure for the sub.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks