Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Search this Thread
Old 28th February 2010, 22:58   #1
BHPian

Basic ICE- RITZ

On this V-Day got the delivery of my Ritz now called as the BBE(Blue Baby Elephant). Earlier was in a hurry to get the ICE done and thought to get it done at the dealer only as i had a good budget allocated for it.

But because at the last moment dad opted for Vxi instead of the Lxi, and the price difference was huge, i knew that again the ICE will be sacrificed. (Dont ask why i wrote again. Why most of the Dads dont realize that a car is incomplete without a music system)

Anyways to cut it short, i am using my pocket money savings to get a basic system. Please suggest keeping in mind that i would be adding a woofer and an amplifier later and want to keep the option open for upgrade.

Total Budget - 15000 including labour and all (+2000 only in case if i am getting some more VFM)

Headunit- 6k (should be with USB)
Front components 5.5-6K
Rear 3.5K

Music Prefrence- mostly rock, then closely follows bollywood music, and a bit of punjabi also.

while listening to rock, its the guitar peaks and vocals that give me the shrills.

and while listening to punjabis its the thump that is preferred.

Please suggest some models of HUs, comps and rears keeping in mind the same.

Thanks

Regards
Ankush
Old 10th March 2010, 14:55   #2
SSJ

Ritz Setup, Suggestions please!

Hi Music Gurus,

I have budget of about 12-13K for my Ritz.
I am thinking of following:
Head Unit: Pioneer 2250
Front Speakers: JBL 608c (do these fit in the door slots?)
Rear Spearkers: JBL 638 (not decided if they are really required or front components are sufficient)
Installation cost : ???

But total seems to be going above my budget.

I have JBL CS2104 from my previous car. But I am not sure if these 4" speakers can be fitted on standard slots in doors.

If anyone knows the prices of these in grey as well as with B/W please share. Also any recommendations for installers near Indiranagar? How is torque on 80feet road junction?

Thanks.
Old 11th March 2010, 15:28   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

My comments are in line

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJ View Post
Hi Music Gurus,

I have budget of about 12-13K for my Ritz.
I am thinking of following:
Head Unit: Pioneer 2250 -try the Kenwood MP146(latest series) or 246-both come with B&W
Front Speakers: JBL 608c (do these fit in the door slots?) they do; very good speakers for approx 4.2k grey-strongly recommended
Rear Spearkers: JBL 638 (not decided if they are really required or front components are sufficient) - OPTIONAL-you can do away with this if it is only one or two in the car - rear speakers would be needed only if rear seat occupants are also there most of the time
Installation cost : ??? 0.5k for this basic set up

HU - 4-5K
608C-4.2k
Rear Coaxes(JBLGT5)1.8K
installation 0.5k

But total seems to be going above my budget.

I have JBL CS2104 from my previous car. But I am not sure if these 4" speakers can be fitted on standard slots in doors -you can then use these in the rear doors with custom built spacers-then you don't need to spend on a new set of 6.5"

If anyone knows the prices of these in grey as well as with B/W please share. Also any recommendations for installers near Indiranagar? How is torque on 80feet road junction?

Thanks.
Old 11th March 2010, 18:00   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigsom View Post
....very good speakers for approx 4.2k grey-strongly recommended
Any specific reason for recommending grey market product?

I also like the Panasonic HU which is in the same price range. Try and listen to both.

Last edited by shreyasma : 11th March 2010 at 18:02.
Old 11th March 2010, 18:56   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreyasma View Post
Obviously has to do with the difference in $$$
Old 11th March 2010, 20:56   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreyasma View Post
I recommended the brand and model no.,not the mode of purchase. Grey was mentioned only to indicate the price.
Old 12th March 2010, 18:51   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigsom View Post
I recommended the brand and model no.,not the mode of purchase. Grey was mentioned only to indicate the price.
Oops! Englis is a phunny lungage you seee!

You wrote in one way and I read it the other way
Old 5th April 2010, 10:11   #8
SSJ

Hi,

I setup my Ritz with Pio 2290, JBL GTO608c Front components and Rear Co-ax JBL GTO948 (limited edition).
Everything with B/W. I liked the sound quality .

I saw the Pioneer Manual and it mentions it should not be used with speaker of 1-3 Ohm impedance.

JBL speakers spec says they have 2 ohm. However on the box I saw that there is a symbol that mentions 4Ohm OK. What does it mean? Is this fine to be used with my HU Pio 2290UB?

The dealer gave me his bill and the JBL warranty card with his showroom seal. I saw that warranty card says register online. But when I try to register online it asks for warranty card no. which I dont find anywhere. I tried to enter the serial number below the bar code but it does not accept.
Everything seams genuine since the boxes have holograms and imported by Sahil International sticker.
can anyone help regarding warranty registration?

Thank You.

Most Viewed