Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th October 2005, 00:39   #61
Senior - BHPian

thanks, gunbir and mclaren..

Quote:
Hey Veyron, dont say that out loud... there are people here who take the word "Best" literally....

Amps costing more than the swift for example.
errr....ahem...(cough..cough)...budget constraints are very much applicable, then...i don't wanna drive around a discotheque on wheels; just a propah system to soothe my tympanums...

Quote:
An indicative figure will help Mclaren and others suggest you a wondeful setup within your budget.
okay...considering i've already plonked in about 25-30k for the current setup...how does 50-75 k more sound...?? i guess that should be MORE THAN ENOUGH for a decent setup, eh...??

thanks
Old 11th October 2005, 01:42   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885
well as far as JBL goes the best setup that i would suggest is go for the the
1. GTO 606ce at 6k a pair in the front and the back if possibe.
2. CS 50.4 amp to run the components at 9.5k to drive the components..
3. A 15'' sub from the GT4 (if sam can source it for u) or the subs from the GTO series..
4. GTO 301.1 monoblock to run the sub at 13k..
thats the best setup i would recommend from JBL..for info on these products check out www.fxaudio.com
this is what I have
1. JBL CS 50.4 (67watts rms*4) for the 4 channels
2. JBL 606 CE (Components 6.5 in, 70 watts rms) in front and JBL 936 (6*9, 100 watts rms) in rear)
3. JBL 1200D (1200 PMPO / 300 RMS), 12 inch Dual coil Sub
4. JBL 301.1 monoblock amp (I guess around 220 watts rms) to drive the sub..
5. Pioneer DEH-P7750MP CD/mp3 player with regualr and steering mounted remote
..everything including the installation cost me about 50K

I am pretty happy with the sound that I am getting...the speakers can handle all the power that amp gives them...it is pretty loud but certainly no disc on wheels...lets put it this way...you will find it hard to hear after you have cranked up the vol to more than one third..the bass travels through the car and you can feel the seats vibrate.,...

PS: before buying a huge setup..also think about the load it puts on ayour alternator...in my case the volatage drop is about 0.7 volt (13.4 Volts)with everything (lights, A/C, System at mid vol) running compared to a no load (14.1 Volt) situation...and at idling the drop is upto 1.3 volts (14.1 Volt versus 12.8 volts). A big system may simply fry your alternator (and with it going..I guess you are done with all electrical warranty headaches in general...there is simply no warranty left )..especially the Japanese variety as they are likely to be small to aid FE. (I have a Baleno...ratings are not mentioned even on the alternator but some research told me it is a 55 amp alternator)

Last edited by Buffetfan : 11th October 2005 at 01:57.
Old 11th October 2005, 01:44   #63
BHPian

Got my Swift last thursday. But yet to decide on audio system. I have heard only JBL and Velocity so far. Went to Vahan Yatra but did not find Infinity setup (I was hoping for it). Heard Fosgate but I was never interested in Fosgate or Lightning audio. Could not listen to MB Quart also. So I am pretty much where I started.

I almost decided on Alpine SPS 171A for front and SPS 170A for rear. But, after a weeks search, I could not find SPS 171A in Bangalore. I am getting SPR-176A for 10.5K though (with B&W). Also is Alpine CDA-9830 with B&W for 16K a good price?

Question: Which is more brighter? Alpine or Infinity? I guess Navin would say Alpine.

What should be the frequency band for front components. (I am aware it is manufacturer dependent. But a technician for TMC - authorized alpine dealers- said they would cut of anything lower than 100 Hz to the front componet. This means I would not have any upfront bass and in my imagination, this would sound like a cheap system).
Old 11th October 2005, 01:47   #64
Senior - BHPian

front components anyway dont produce much bass...there is simply no space in the door for the midwoofer to move any air...
you wont be missing much there...for bass you need a sub...or its really poor cousin...a 6*9 oval mounted on the rear
Old 11th October 2005, 02:16   #65
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertClive
Got my Swift last thursday. But yet to decide on audio system. I have heard only JBL and Velocity so far. Went to Vahan Yatra but did not find Infinity setup (I was hoping for it). Heard Fosgate but I was never interested in Fosgate or Lightning audio. Could not listen to MB Quart also. So I am pretty much where I started.
hey robert what do u think the chevy optra at the JBL store was running..it was a total setup from infinity yaar..btw u could have asked for sam or told anyone that u are from tbhp..u would have certainly got royal treatment..
Old 11th October 2005, 02:25   #66
BHPian

I knew Chevy was for was Infinity. I also recognized Sam but did not meet him. But when I asked for Infinity (not to Sam), I got a reply that they don't have it.
Old 11th October 2005, 03:04   #67
BANNED

Quote:
I knew Chevy was for was Infinity. I also recognized Sam but did not meet him. But when I asked for Infinity (not to Sam), I got a reply that they don't have it.
well the optra was running two pairs of components from infinity 1 each at the front and the back..had the harman driveplay too..and running two infinity subs connected to two JBL 75.4 amps..u should have met sam,all the tbhpians had a surprise in store..a couple of us were there at the stall the entire 3 days..and im sure it must have been those two girls who would have said that there is no infinity ..
Old 11th October 2005, 03:20   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What should be the frequency band for front components. (I am aware it is manufacturer dependent. But a technician for TMC - authorized alpine dealers- said they would cut of anything lower than 100 Hz to the front componet. This means I would not have any upfront bass and in my imagination, this would sound like a cheap system).
Hi, you are right. with HPF above 80Hz, front~sub integration becomes difficult. Look for a pair of speakers that can easily handle down to 80Hz. It is surprising the TMC tech said 100Hz cuz we have used the Rtypes and they can go lower.

There are a lot of components that can go low. But usually when you find a set that goes really low (like Alpine Xtypes for example), midrange suffers. You actually need mids that are snappy at the xo point, eg 80Hz. That way, they intgrate well with your sub and even sub bass is precieved upfront.
Old 11th October 2005, 09:42   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885
im sure it must have been those two girls who would have said that there is no infinity ..
I did ask one of the girls who was closer to the display
Old 11th October 2005, 09:55   #70
BHPian

RobertClive, you should have asked one of us. You would have spotted us easily. We were swarming around the cars. The girls are cute though.
Old 11th October 2005, 10:19   #71
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
are you sure that all you really wanted to know if there was infinity.

Last edited by navin : 11th October 2005 at 10:22.
Old 11th October 2005, 11:51   #72
BANNED

Quote:
hhmm..i did expect that ..and ya viveks right though they mislead u trust me they are really sweet..how do i know,wait for sams pictures and ul know ..
Old 11th October 2005, 14:10   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Hi. I have a pair of Blaupunkt 8" speakers installed in the front doors of my Palio and they are right now cutting off at 50Hz. Its only when I turn the up volume, do I hear them bottom out.

But ideally, you should go in for speakers which can atleast go down to 80Hz for bass to be present up front. 100Hz cut off for a front speaker, IMO is high.
Old 11th October 2005, 14:59   #74
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Are Infinity speakers available in India manufactured in India?
Nope! The same boxed product is sold all over the world.
Navin, Infinity had sourced some drivers once for some home audio from Peerless. Not anymore.
Old 11th October 2005, 15:02   #75
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autophile
Navin they also own Illusion Car Audio U.S.A. and make speakers for companies like PSB, JPW, Heybrook etc.
Hey JB. You are right. They used to make speakers for AGI group that owns the above 3 brands.
Today peerless OWNS JPW & Heybrook
Closed Thread

Most Viewed