Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2005, 16:23   #16
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir
Heheh... This is funny.... Is that an opinion of Infinity and Alpine in a Somokoo thread?
and an attempt to promote Image Dynamics too! :-)
Old 18th August 2006, 12:08   #17

SOOMOKU CAR SUBWOOFER Review

well i have been using the new SOOMOKU 300B (vastly better than the previous version). Costs about 14k. Comes with a digital amplifier and a heavy 12 inch driver. I haven't seen anything that sounds better at this price. Very clean, precise bass.
Old 18th August 2006, 17:25   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Vikram, Hi.

I think (I may be wrong) that You have been warned (and possibly banned) before. please do not use this forum to promote Sumokoo or any product. Your post has no relevance and you've revived this thread after a year for no reason.
Thank you
Old 18th August 2006, 17:40   #19
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikramshetty101
well i have been using the new SOOMOKU 300B (vastly better than the previous version). Costs about 14k. Comes with a digital amplifier and a heavy 12 inch driver. I haven't seen anything that sounds better at this price. Very clean, precise bass.
For 14K????
You did'nt find anything better sounding?

Then definitely!!! For sure!!!! YOU WERE SLEEPING!!!
Old 19th August 2006, 00:07   #20
BHPian

What is this Soomoku anyway ? from where, how , when , what ??

Any unbiassed reviews ?

Gunbir ? you heard any of this stuff play ?
Old 19th August 2006, 00:31   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 929RON
What is this Soomoku anyway ? from where, how , when , what ?? Gunbir ? you heard any of this stuff play ?
Heard one in a car a while back... all boom boom boomer... i think they cater to a segment that wants max boom in a small budget, SQ can go to hell.

Surely you can do a LOT better for 14k...
Old 19th August 2006, 01:24   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 929RON
What is this Soomoku anyway ? from where, how , when , what ??

Any unbiassed reviews ?

Gunbir ? you heard any of this stuff play ?
I can't believe I'm up at 1 am writing about Soomoku of all things, but maybe it's just one of those days I'm feeling a bit insomniacal (i'm sure that isn't even a word), and maybe it's because I'm actually not at Insomnia (that's the club at the Taj, aaah!)

Soomoku is the creation of Mr Palesha from Palesha Electronics. He's been around for a while, but I wouldn't exactly call him an audiophile.. but enterprising he sure is!

He's a trader, importer, wannabe innovator etc. He does everything from car audio to home to pro to just drivers. His clients are, well.. wannabes too.

So he goes to China once in a while (once in a while being more often than me walking into a Chinese restaurant), picks what he likes, and sells them here. Usually the stuff that he likes is quite cheap, and the price reflects on the quality.. bigtime!

While this is great for wannabes without any clue about the finer things of life, this sure aint very happening stuff. In fact I remember mentioning somewhere on this forum earlier about a package of car speakers that he tries to sell, which has AV Max reviews printed on the sides of the box (No seriously, it looks like the kind of reviews that the new Superman movie got from The Times), and says high-end speakers etc. for a rather shabbily built neo magnet coaxial speaker, the 6" of which has an Fs of 180 Hz! I mean, I hear better sounds when I crap in the morning... and it's not even cheap, it's free!

Active subs are available in China for a dime a dozen, and that's the high-end! You get the 'affordable' lines for a nickel. So get a kit, give it a stupid name (I mean isn't Soomoku a stupid name? ), and you can have people buying em. But then there is a lot of stuff like that, maybe different quality levels, yet 'no-brands' and a yarn spun around the brand that's as believable as when I tell myself I look like Tom Cruise. Ultimate, Berjiz, Yamato, Bass Warriors, Dhoom, Kal Ho Na Ho (yet to be launched, and the name refers to the company, not the product) too many to name. But none of the stuff is really worth even all this prose I've been typing up for the last 5 minutes.

Save your energies, take the cue from me!

edited by navin as per B&T instructions.

Last edited by navin : 19th August 2006 at 11:22.
Old 19th August 2006, 01:44   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble
I mean isn't Soomoku a stupid name? It's as stupid as Image Dynamics, ok, no it isn't.. just kidding ya Gunbir
Dude I dont know what you just tried with that... but it was in bad taste... a cheap shot at best... hope you enjoyed it.
Old 19th August 2006, 01:49   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir
Dude I dont know what you just tried with that... but it was in bad taste... a cheap shot at best... hope you enjoyed it.
That was a joke!

That was a joke, pal!

Meant to be funny. Not at anyone's expense, not yours, not ID's.

I hoped you'd take a shot at me that it isn't half as stupid as Illusion Audio.

I mean it, and I'm sorry if you took it that way, really man. Peace.

P.S. Navin, could you please edit that reference. This is makin me feel miserable.

Last edited by Bass&Trouble : 19th August 2006 at 01:52.
Old 19th August 2006, 11:32   #25
Team-BHP Support

done B&T becuase I agree with gunbir. 1am you must have been really tired.
Old 19th August 2006, 11:53   #26
Senior - BHPian

I've got an 8" Soomoku Active Sub in the Innova and it's pretty good. Ofcourse, i had to spend an hour to get the right settings but it's working well now.

Shan2nu
Old 23rd August 2006, 14:58   #27

Quote:
I can't believe I'm up at 1 am writing about Soomoku of all things, but maybe it's just one of those days I'm feeling a bit insomniacal (i'm sure that isn't even a word), and maybe it's because I'm actually not at Insomnia (that's the club at the Taj, aaah!)

Soomoku is the creation of Mr Palesha from Palesha Electronics. He's been around for a while, but I wouldn't exactly call him an audiophile.. but enterprising he sure is!

He's a trader, importer, wannabe innovator etc. He does everything from car audio to home to pro to just drivers. His clients are, well.. wannabes too.

So he goes to China once in a while (once in a while being more often than me walking into a Chinese restaurant), picks what he likes, and sells them here. Usually the stuff that he likes is quite cheap, and the price reflects on the quality.. bigtime!

While this is great for wannabes without any clue about the finer things of life, this sure aint very happening stuff. In fact I remember mentioning somewhere on this forum earlier about a package of car speakers that he tries to sell, which has AV Max reviews printed on the sides of the box (No seriously, it looks like the kind of reviews that the new Superman movie got from The Times), and says high-end speakers etc. for a rather shabbily built neo magnet coaxial speaker, the 6" of which has an Fs of 180 Hz! I mean, I hear better sounds when I crap in the morning... and it's not even cheap, it's free!

Active subs are available in China for a dime a dozen, and that's the high-end! You get the 'affordable' lines for a nickel. So get a kit, give it a stupid name (I mean isn't Soomoku a stupid name? ), and you can have people buying em. But then there is a lot of stuff like that, maybe different quality levels, yet 'no-brands' and a yarn spun around the brand that's as believable as when I tell myself I look like Tom Cruise. Ultimate, Berjiz, Yamato, Bass Warriors, Dhoom, Kal Ho Na Ho (yet to be launched, and the name refers to the company, not the product) too many to name. But none of the stuff is really worth even all this prose I've been typing up for the last 5 minutes.

Save your energies, take the cue from me!

edited by navin as per B&T instructions.
Looks like there are only two people (me and shan2nu) here who have a SOOMOKU sub installed in their cars. And both of us seem to be satisfied. Does that mean anything to the critics here.

I have been a musician for many years now and do know a thing or two about tonal quality.

Bass&Trouble vbmenu_register("postmenu_276708", true); seems to have something personal against the manufacturer. I made some enquiries out of curiosity and found that they assist Audiobahn in their subwoofer R&D. The 8" and 10" active Bass Tubes sold by soomoku are also sold by audiobahn under the name ATB10AT.

Unlike most subs however, in order to sound good they do require some time to be spent on getting the settings right.

And SAM, i am not trying to promote anything here. When i had a new sub that i thought was excellent value for money, i thought id let others know too. So did a search on soomoku on this site.

And somehow i gather that sporting a JBL logo with your id does not tantamount to promoting a brand.
Old 23rd August 2006, 15:24   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Looks like there are only two people (me and shan2nu) here who have a SOOMOKU sub installed in their cars. And both of us seem to be satisfied. Does that mean anything to the critics here.

I have been a musician for many years now and do know a thing or two about tonal quality.
Are you trying to say that the critics need to get critical about your abilities as a listener or a musician? I'd just say, good for you!

Although the fact is that I would point out almost exactly how different everything about the two products is, for instance, the ATB10AT doesn't have a digital amplifier (digital??? which you claim the Soomoku has), I consider that an exercise in futility.

Mainly because, I'm sure I wasn't screaming myself hoarse asking someone to review the ATB10AT or vouching for it's 'clean, precise bass'. You, for sure, are welcome to do that, but that would invite the appropriate amount of critical comments, Soomoku or Audiobahn or whatever!

Quote:
Unlike most subs however, in order to sound good they do require some time to be spent on getting the settings right.
That must be on account of all the digital stuff in there.

Quote:
And SAM, i am not trying to promote anything here. When i had a new sub that i thought was excellent value for money, i thought id let others know too. So did a search on soomoku on this site.
Sure, and I just thought it isn't exactly as much value for money as you think it is. Maybe I value money more than you?

Quote:
And somehow i gather that sporting a JBL logo with your id does not tantamount to promoting a brand.
You think that's bad? Most of his girlfriends have a similar complaint. He has a JBL flag tattooed on his little general too, that unfurls for special moments! Atten-SHUN!

Last edited by Bass&Trouble : 23rd August 2006 at 15:27.
Old 23rd August 2006, 15:54   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You think that's bad? Most of his girlfriends have a similar complaint. He has a JBL flag tattooed on his little general too, that unfurls for special moments! Atten-SHUN!
***imagining the scene***
....HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR...

That is second best line I have heard the WHOLE YEAR!! .. The first being the one which recounts the scene where JK is sitting with the head rest between his legs!!

Last edited by kb100 : 23rd August 2006 at 16:00.
Old 23rd August 2006, 16:11   #30
Senior - BHPian

hummm... now I understand why I couldn't find a few old posts and even a thread related to soomoku sub started by Vikram... even upon beating the 'search' tool to death. I think those must have been deleted by mods

If somebody is sharing his opinion on a particular product, it would be unfare to term it as 'promotion'. Because otherwise this ICE forum could be called JBL/alpine/pioneer promotion as there are enormous praises everywhere about products from these brands
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks