Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th September 2005, 17:14   #1
BHPian

Please Review Soomoku Subs & Speakers

Can someone please review Soomoku Speakers? www.palesha.com

This question has been posted by many including myself in other threads but hasn't got an appropriate response.

Their Active Subs seem to be good. and come well within most budgets. Tubes cost around 5,000/- to 6,000/- and Box Subs around 10-14,000/-. Their Co-axials cost around 2,000/- and tweets around 1000-1500/-. And we would not need any amps.

The total system cost with a powered sub tube type, and 6.5" coaxials in front and rear and a tweets can come for around Rs. 10,000/- to 12,000/-. This would suit most budgets. So, I feel there is a real need to review this brand. Many might argue you could get even cheaper products but that I don't think will do justice to Soomoku. It does seem to me to pack a punch for the price.

Please do not rate the company but only the speakers. The guy selling it in Hyderabad is a dealer of only High end Home Audio products like, Denon, JBL, Polk Audio, Jammo etc. And the only car audio brand he stocks is Soomoku. And most of his customers purchasing these high end home audio brands like denon,JBL etc have at least the Soomoku Active Subs in their cars if not an entire Soomoku speaker setup.

So, guys Please take initiative and lil pain to review Soomoku for our benefit.

Last edited by SoundManiac : 24th September 2005 at 17:18.
Old 24th September 2005, 21:32   #2
BHPian

Hi, do you have any contact there? It would be good idea if you could outline the name/contact number of person to contact in Hyderabad.

Thanks

Vivek
Old 24th September 2005, 21:53   #3
BHPian

Sure! Contact person is Mr. Chandrashekar. Mobile 9396556197. Address is Babukhan Mall adj. to Bakers Inn(Amrutha Mall) Somajiguda. There is also another person called Mr. Murthy,(if i remember it rightly) who gave me the demo in his Santro. But i don't think either of them will be able to recall me.
Old 24th September 2005, 22:27   #4
Senior - BHPian

Off Topic.
Can we have a small review about CV subs?
Old 25th September 2005, 08:33   #5
BHPian

yeh PL>>>>>>>...............SSS

I am Also waiting for this for long time

BTW>, The main dealer Palesha in Pune told me that by Diwali they are geeting a new range which is cheaper and better
Old 25th September 2005, 10:17   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranil

I am Also waiting for this for long time

BTW>, The main dealer Palesha in Pune told me that by Diwali they are geeting a new range which is cheaper and better
Don't tell me that I'll have to wait for so long. I was thinking I'll have my setup finished max by a day or two.
Old 25th September 2005, 10:56   #7
BHPian

Tried the Active Sub in my Benz. Very average, does not really pack a punch an the bass is not very tight. Am thinking of replacing it with something better like a JBL or a Blaupunkt. Cost 5,500 is good but then not really great performance.
Old 25th September 2005, 13:20   #8
BHPian

Which sub did you use? the tube or the box? and of what size?
Old 26th September 2005, 11:46   #9
Team-BHP Support

I rarely bash a brand or am too exicted in promoting it. there are many reasons

a) different people like different sound and what may sound good to me might not to others
b) a component is only part of a system. often the same component in a different system will sound radically different
c) manufacturers are to be respeted. they compete in a diffcult market and have to balance many issues before selling their products.

given the above caevets i have not found Sumokoo subwoofers very enticing. In the ONE expereince I had with them (extended) they sounded lumpy, slow and one note. But they were loud and had a THUMP that downed out the others present.

If you like THUMP (one note) they are worth considering. If not better look elsewhere.
Old 26th September 2005, 11:59   #10
BHPian

Navin try an Image Dynamics IDQ the sub which playes multiple notes and multiple layers of bass which you can hear and plays amazingly controlled.

No lump, no peak, no dip...just tight controlled bass. And as fast as drum skin.
Old 26th September 2005, 13:04   #11
Team-BHP Support

JB, this thread was to review (post opinions) of Sumokoo. When ID is available close to me I will, trust me I will, look at them.

Last edited by navin : 26th September 2005 at 13:07.
Old 26th September 2005, 13:10   #12
BHPian

Sorry Mr. Navin...didnt knew that the thread is reserved only for Soomoku subwoofers. Dun have any opinion / review for them.
Old 26th September 2005, 13:18   #13
Team-BHP Support

It's ok. just read the title. Unfortunately in India I have only heard JBL, Alpine, Blaupunkt, Pioneer, Infinity, etc. Sumokoo is not one I liked the sound of. Of the subs I reviewed Infinity and Alpine were probably the most tolerable.
Old 26th September 2005, 15:56   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
JB, this thread was to review (post opinions) of Sumokoo.
Quote:
Of the subs I reviewed Infinity and Alpine were probably the most tolerable.
Heheh... This is funny.... Is that an opinion of Infinity and Alpine in a Somokoo thread?

Last edited by gunbir : 26th September 2005 at 15:59.
Old 26th September 2005, 16:02   #15
BHPian

Quote:
I rarely bash a brand or am too exicted in promoting it. there are many reasons

given the above caevets i have not found Sumokoo subwoofers very enticing. In the ONE expereince I had with them (extended) they sounded lumpy, slow and one note. But they were loud and had a THUMP that downed out the others present.

If you like THUMP (one note) they are worth considering. If not better look elsewhere.
One note Woofer, That was my fear!!! Thank you so much Navin ji for this.

But your reply gave rise to other doubts - What exactly are the musical instruments that fall in the range of Low frequency sounds that a sub woofer makes? I for one love the sound of the Tabla and other percussion instruments. What frequency do they fall in, and which sub/speaker produces them best?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks