Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th July 2007, 17:52   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkanitkar View Post
Ok, i need the Alpine FULL SPEED connection cable (KCE-422i) to connect my ipod to 9881.
Any leads where can I get this in pune ? and also the cost, because i was quoted 7.1k for this at Bafna Cars.
And on Crutchfield, it is priced at 30$ - about 1.5k INR
I have the cable KCE422i and it cost me about 2,200/- flat. I happened to get the KCA121B for RCA connections which cost me about 1300/- all with bill from an authorised dealer. These prices may be a little on the lower side since I happen to know the dealer very well. For more details, please have a look at my garage.

Quote:
@navin,moral, JPL - thanks a lot guys !
@moral - know Nana peth area well so finding the dealer wont be a problem with your set of directions. But I hear this cable is not available very easily in Pune.. some shortage situation and blah blah...

Another thought popped up in my mind - Is is possible and advisable to DIY this cable ??
I searched for 10 pin DIN connector but info shows only upto 8 pin DIN connectors. For the iPod side connector, theres a lot of info available.
The KCE422i is a cable that lets you control your ENTIRE iPod from your HU. I think it would be very very difficult to imitate the cable with the kind of sockets used at the HU and the dock port connector on the iPod. If you ask me, buy the cable or use the KCA121B (cheaper option, compromise for sure) to connect it through RCA's, but please be very very careful while attempting a DIY since you have some expensive equipment out there!

Last edited by aah78 : 23rd August 2007 at 03:16. Reason: multiple posts merged
Old 21st July 2007, 11:32   #62
BHPian

@rocksterraghu - thanks for the info !
btw, is this cable,KCA121B supported on my HU ( CDE 9881 ) ?? I tried on Alpine website, but it says only KCE422i is supported.
Old 21st July 2007, 16:02   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@rocksterraghu - thanks for the info !
btw, is this cable,KCA121B supported on my HU ( CDE 9881 ) ?? I tried on Alpine website, but it says only KCE422i is supported.
Just checked the Alpine website and you're right, I am sorry. You will have to buy the KCE422i since it is your only option.
Old 16th August 2007, 21:21   #64
BHPian

The current setup in my sail is a sony HU, pioneer coax in front and a pair of 6991 on MDF for rear driven by 504z. This is running for almost 3 years. There are couple of issues here. First, the sony hu, which is having a slow death.

Second, the sound stage, is in the rear. This is fine as long as i am the only person in the car. If some one gets on the back side, the volume has to be reduced a lot.

First part of up gradation will be, to replace sony HU with 7950. 7950, because of USB support.

Another change is the front speakers. I am thinking of component. Originally the setup had the dreaded ts20. This ts20 had its own mind and also it was installed on wind shield at top corners. This never really worked and was making some funny sound. So they went out with in few weeks of installation.

What is the best way to install a component, for front, in corsa? Any model suggestion? Budget could be around 5k for comps. I am trying move the sound stage to front with these comps. Will this work? Any suggestion?

Last edited by gkrishn : 16th August 2007 at 21:22.
Old 17th August 2007, 11:07   #65
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkrishn View Post
pioneer coax in front and a pair of 6991 on MDF for rear driven by 504z
to replace sony HU with 7950. 7950, because of USB support.
Another change is the front speakers. I am thinking of component.
What is the best way to install a component, for front, in corsa? Any model suggestion? Budget could be around 5k for comps. I am trying move the sound stage to front with these comps. Will this work? Any suggestion?
The Corsa has tweeter pods near the door handles. Use these for the tweeters. Upgrade the amp when you can too. You can bridge the 504 and use them for the rear and get a nicer amp for the front.
Old 17th August 2007, 11:18   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
The Corsa has tweeter pods near the door handles. Use these for the tweeters.
Yes, I have noticed those pods in the handle. But it looks so tiny. Will any tweeter get inside? Altest the ts20 was pretty huge for it.
Old 17th August 2007, 12:03   #67
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Yes, I have noticed those pods in the handle. But it looks so tiny. Will any tweeter get inside? Altest the ts20 was pretty huge for it.
Not the TS20. But the Infinty, JBL, Blaupunkt Velocity, Illusion and Polk Momo tweeters will fit. Have not tried others.
Old 17th August 2007, 14:14   #68
BHPian

Ok. Thanks for that navin. One last question before i go out for getting this done....

Some where else here, i see people recommending 6 1/2 over 5 1/4. Is this possible in corsa? I guess the OE fitment is 5 1/4. Is it possible to get 6 1/2 with out much butchery?
Old 18th August 2007, 22:32   #69
BHPian

Replacing the coax with the JBL comp has made lot of difference. Unfortunately the 6 1/2 didn't fit in there, It was only 51/4. The tweeter went in to the OE location with out any issues.
Old 18th August 2007, 22:47   #70
Senior - BHPian

Congrats gkrishn! How about posting some pictures in the show off section?

Enjoy your ICE! Cheers!
Old 18th August 2007, 23:11   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocksterraghu View Post
Congrats gkrishn! How about posting some pictures in the show off section?
All the fittings as per OE fitments. So the speakers are pretty discrete. Also i didn't take any pic during installation. I will post the 7950, tomorrow, over here...
Old 22nd August 2007, 11:53   #72
BHPian

Now I have an issue. After the above mentioned modification, there is a slight hissing that can be heard. This was not there when i was using the coax and sony hu.

Also the hissing is comparatively higher when radiator fan is running. yesterday when I pulled into garage, and switched of the engine, the raditor fan was still running. The hissing noice from the speakers where more audible. Once the fan stopped, the hissing reduced considerably.

Regarding HU, once installed, the installer, cranked up every given settings. He did that in a fraction of second before i could stop him. I read the manual and brought back all possible audio setting back to default. Esp the Eq setting is flat.
Old 22nd August 2007, 12:37   #73
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
i see people recommending 6 1/2 over 5 1/4. Is this possible in corsa? I guess the OE fitment is 5 1/4. Is it possible to get 6 1/2 with out much butchery?
my wife's Corsa (Sail 1.6) has a pair of Infinty 6020 in the front nomods were required. stock grill used.
Old 22nd August 2007, 12:54   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
my wife's Corsa (Sail 1.6) has a pair of Infinty 6020 in the front nomods were required. stock grill used.
Navin, the installer tried the 607. But it didn't fit. But any way I have now settled for 507 and that's fine.

Now i am having an issue with the install... the the hissing sound, which i have explained in my previous post. Any way idea about that?
Old 20th August 2008, 11:33   #75
BHPian

I have an opel Corsa which is fully rear powered (Sony 504 amp, JBL Co-Axials (907 I think) & JBL CS1204 sub) & I have the same problem of reducing volume when someone is at the back.
gkrishn, which amps have you got to power your front comps. I am also thinking of JBL 508 or 608 ( I think I read somewhere in this forum that the 507 & 607 series is being replaced with the 8 series) & sony 502 amp. Not sure if this is the best combi.
Navin, you inputs please.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks