Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th March 2010, 11:21   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wing.commander View Post
nhey have you even got a sub in your car ?if yes i think you should try painting it you will get to know. even i am gonna paint it today pink color
The answer to your query is in my signature
Old 16th March 2010, 00:37   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.I.N.G.H View Post
greetings to all the fellow bhpians and the respected mods.

there is a small diy i did today. my subwoofer had many scratches and i even had some maroon com-paint left. so all i had to do was mask the subwoofer and paint it.

i am posting some pics of the diy.
any comments and suggestions are always welcome.

regards
SINGH
nice work S.I.N.G.H it looks like a new one...
Old 16th March 2010, 10:33   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aparth View Post
You're going to paint your subwoofer PINK?? ROFL
i heard there is this track... "woofer tu meri... meri... main tera amplifier... fier"

@S.I.N.G.H
nice work!
Old 16th March 2010, 10:53   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
The mass of a 6" midbass can be as little as 20gms. Adding 10gms to paint to the midbass will change it's performance a lot.
Navin ji, I'm bit confused here. If I paint my GZ midbasses, how will that effect their performance. Would they sound better/worse? What exactly would be the change? (layman terms please )
Old 16th March 2010, 19:53   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelord View Post
i heard there is this track... "woofer tu meri... meri... main tera amplifier... fier"

@S.I.N.G.H
nice work!
thank you sir ji. btw i am sorry for what happned earlier, i didnt mean it.
Old 17th March 2010, 14:40   #21
Senior - BHPian

Great job with the DIY bro, but how come u selling it off after putting in so much effort (if this is the same one in the marketplace).
Old 17th March 2010, 14:51   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
Great job with the DIY bro, but how come u selling it off after putting in so much effort (if this is the same one in the marketplace).
thanks sir for you reply. ya this is the same one which is on classifieds. this one is a single coil, and i am upgrading to a double coil. that is the only reason i am selling it off. within a week or two, the whole system in my car at present would be changed as i am not satisfied with the sound.

regards
SINGH
Old 22nd March 2010, 10:28   #23
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodkumar View Post
Navin i perfectly agree with you, but i have seen a lot of these woofers crack on its own.1
Woofer cones crack? Well if they are hit by some external force they will but I have not seen one crack under normal use. The surrounds however do have a shorter life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.I.N.G.H View Post
i dont think i have used more than 8-10 gm as it was a single coat on the cone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by maglev View Post
I did not find any change in the sound quality
Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
The Mass of a subwoofer come is about 100gms. Adding 10gms of paint wont affectit much.
Just as I suspected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by panky12345 View Post
Navin ji, I'm bit confused here. If I paint my GZ midbasses, how will that effect their performance. Would they sound better/worse? What exactly would be the change? (layman terms please )
panky your midbass has a Mms in the order of 10-20gms. adding 10gms of paint to the cone will make a significant change to the mass of the cone (it will change mms by 50-100%). this will seriosuly affect the "Force Factor" (which is BL/Mms) of your woofer. It will also lower the Fs of the woofer but the change in Force Factor is what would worry me. SINGH was adding 10gms to a 100gm cone which is only a 10% increase in Mms.

I did some experiments on mass of cones in my younger days. An uncle had a PVD (Sputtering machine) machine that could handle objects as large as 18"x 18" or so. Suptter PVD was one of the most consistent methods to deposit one material on another (limted control of layer thickness). The targets I used were aluminum (cheap and light) and the substrates were plastic tweeter domes (in those days tweeter domes were mostly plastic and flexed like hell). The object was to make the tweeter dome stiffer with a thin coat of aluminum. The added weight was in in the order of 1/4-1/2 gm. And this changed the characteristics so much that the tweeters were unuseable above 6k or 8k or there abouts. I suspect your midbass will suffer from a simialr degradation in performance.

Last edited by navin : 22nd March 2010 at 11:16.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks