Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th June 2012, 19:21   #31
Senior - BHPian

re: ICE upgrade : Tata Nano

Update: The dealer told me those moulded speakers are no longer available. The only option I have is to use squarish boxes with speakers on the dash (which would look ugly). If I were to not use the dashboard space, the speakers may have to be installed under the dash (I am not sure this is a good idea), or the door panel (again not sure if this is a good idea). With the likelihood of rainwater entering the window channels, the speakers in the doors may get affected by water, and I don't know if the doors are thick enough to take the speakers.

I would not mind going for just two speakers mounted on the dash, as in some of the pics shown above. I may even try and get a custom box designed (wooden!) but which speakers will give me the best output in this case?
Old 20th June 2012, 15:46   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee View Post
Update: The dealer told me those moulded speakers are no longer available.
That's the standard reply you get when your dealer doesn't have the stuff in stock. Try some other dealer. Best of luck!
Old 26th June 2012, 20:40   #33
BHPian

The Nano website says that any after-market fitment of ICE renders the vehicle warranty void. Nobody here is concerned about that!?
Old 28th June 2012, 18:24   #34
Senior - BHPian

The dealer does an after-market fitting too. As long as the wiring is not altered or tampered with, you can fit aftermarket ICE (of course it means you can't have high-wattage speakers et al since it would mean strengthening the wiring harness).

Has anyone thought about using PC speakers along with car music systems? I think I could find something in the PC speakers which will fit into the front dashboard. I am not sure it would be good match though.
honeybee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2012, 14:49   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athani View Post
The Nano website says that any after-market fitment of ICE renders the vehicle warranty void. Nobody here is concerned about that!?
I confirmed this with the dealer i bought my vehicle from. If there are no cuts in the original wiring then there is no issue.

I am a very new nano owner. My car is just 2 weeks old. I would like some help from you guys if you can suggest me some options.

My requirement is just a basic music system with an HU containing AUX, USB and FM tuner. I dont listen to CD's. And please suggest me the speaker location. I dont want to fit the speakers on to the dashboard as tata has the option. It just ruins the space in the dashboard and looks ugly. I can surely go for custom fibreglass mounts for the speakers as '' Bass & Trouble" did but i have no idea where i can get them made. I am planning to go for an HU and front components if that is possible otherwise i will go for 6x9 ovals at the rear but i have no idea how to fit them.

I would be really glad if you guys can pour in some options. My budget is 7-8k max.

Thanks and Regards

Aditya
aditya.bhardwaj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th June 2012, 03:44   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya.bhardwaj View Post
I confirmed this with the dealer i bought my vehicle from. If there are no cuts in the original wiring then there is no issue.

I would be really glad if you guys can pour in some options. My budget is 7-8k max.
Thanks for confirmation that properly fitted after market HU will not void the warranty.

I am also planning for a decent system in my nano soon.
My eyes are set on JVC XD-30 which does not play CD's and hence is cheap at 3500rs only.

I am not sure about how good it sounds.
I checked with one of the shops, they fit speakers on doors and fit rectangular boxes under seat.

As we all know for good acoustics its a must to have speakers at rear.
Do keep us informed if you find anything about JVC XD-30/40/50

Last edited by silverado : 30th June 2012 at 03:45.
Old 30th June 2012, 04:38   #37
Senior - BHPian

I got a Kenwood HU and JVC 4" Speakers mounted below the dash.
That said sound quality is probably at its worst,but it does the job of making the music audible.
Old 30th June 2012, 13:01   #38
Senior - BHPian

I am not too comfy about cutting either the dashboard or the parcel tray, and without these the only decent option for placement of speakers is below the dash, where I suspect I shall hear them rattling more often than the music through them. Plus below the dash there are lots of things like wires and fusebox which may have to be accessed and I don't want the speakers to get in between repairs. So am still not decided.

The PC speakers I have may fit into the dash and using a double-sided tape I am sure they can be fastened to the dashboard so they won't easily move. However I am electrically/electronically challenged and don't feel like a DIY-er for this. Most likely I am going to buy a cheap chinese system where I can play USB and mobile (the one with twin speakers, volume and playback buttons and chargeable). Will leave it on the dash and use it for a while till I decide what I want.

Also the 8.5k to be spent on a Sony HU and two or four speakers sounds too much at times, considering the chinese option to play music would cost me just about 200/-

So no music system for now, I shall take the plunge later, after I have made sure the speakers won't compromise anything else in the car.
Old 30th June 2012, 15:26   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado View Post
Thanks for confirmation that properly fitted after market HU will not void the warranty.

I am also planning for a decent system in my nano soon.
My eyes are set on JVC XD-30 which does not play CD's and hence is cheap at 3500rs only.

I am not sure about how good it sounds.
I checked with one of the shops, they fit speakers on doors and fit rectangular boxes under seat.

As we all know for good acoustics its a must to have speakers at rear.
Do keep us informed if you find anything about JVC XD-30/40/50
Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
That said sound quality is probably at its worst,but it does the job of making the music audible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee View Post
I am not too comfy about cutting either the dashboard or the parcel tray, and without these the only decent option for placement of speakers is below the dash, where I suspect I shall hear them rattling more often than the music through them. Plus below the dash there are lots of things like wires and fusebox which may have to be accessed and I don't want the speakers to get in between repairs. So am still not decided.

The PC speakers I have may fit into the dash and using a double-sided tape I am sure they can be fastened to the dashboard so they won't easily move. However I am electrically/electronically challenged and don't feel like a DIY-er for this. Most likely I am going to buy a cheap chinese system where I can play USB and mobile (the one with twin speakers, volume and playback buttons and chargeable). Will leave it on the dash and use it for a while till I decide what I want.

Also the 8.5k to be spent on a Sony HU and two or four speakers sounds too much at times, considering the chinese option to play music would cost me just about 200/-

So no music system for now, I shall take the plunge later, after I have made sure the speakers won't compromise anything else in the car.
I just came back from DRIVEN ( new delhi ). I finalised on Pioneer MVH-1490UB which just plays from AUX, USB and has an FM tuner. And for speakers i have gone for rockford fosgate 6x9 co-axials. They will be fitted in boxes in the rear and i will cut the parcel tray so that the sound is not held by the tray. The total system is costing me around 9k. Will be heading there tomorrow in the morning for the install.
aditya.bhardwaj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th June 2012, 21:16   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I just came back from DRIVEN ( new The total system is costing me around 9k. Will be heading there tomorrow in the morning for the install.

Great , keep us updated about the overall sound quality.
I dont understand much , but all i want is good bass and clarity.
9K is decent amount invested, rockford speakers are standard in mitsubishi outlander.
Old 1st July 2012, 01:34   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587
I'm thinking of under dash fitment too. Is it totally NOT worth it?
Old 2nd July 2012, 00:00   #42
BHPian

Finally the installation is done. I have gone for the Pioneer HU MVH-1490UB and Rockford Fosgate Prime R1693 co-axial's for the rear. There is no provision for the antennae so fm is not working for the time being. I will add a windscreen antennae from bosch soon. Overall the sound is fantabulous and I never thought co-ax's would sound so good but the rockford's changed my mind. They are very clear and provide enough thump. Lastly, the pioneer HU syncs to my ipod very well. I think it was worth the wait for this HU and specially for the speakers. By the way, the total cost came out to be Rs 9150 which includes 8 metres of audison speaker wire and a custom made MDF tray which is fitted on top of the stock tray. The antennae is for Rs 950 which I will add later because as of now my ipod will do the job. I will post the pics in a day or two so that you can see how the speakers were fixed.

Thanks

Aditya
Old 3rd July 2012, 13:53   #43

Quote:
Finally the installation is done. I have gone for the Pioneer HU MVH-1490UB and Rockford Fosgate Prime R1693 co-axial's for the rear.
can you please share the pics of the installation and the HU? I have booked a nano and getting delivery next week. Thanks.
Old 3rd July 2012, 14:13   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sramven View Post
can you please share the pics of the installation and the HU? I have booked a nano and getting delivery next week. Thanks.
Well i am really sorry but i dont have the installation pics. The installer used a socket to connect the HU which was specifically made for the tata nano and this doesnt involve any wire cutting at all. I will put the rest of the pics so that you can have an idea how the rear speakers were placed.
aditya.bhardwaj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2012, 15:31   #45
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
The installer used a socket to connect the HU which was specifically made for the tata nano and this doesnt involve any wire cutting at all.
From what I know (heresay) this socket is mandatory for the safe install of 3rd party stereos in the Tata Nano. Apparently the stock electrical system is not designed for large multi-amplifier stereo systems.
navin is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks