Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th August 2006, 19:52   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by magiceye
hi guys....at last after poring thru a zillion threads have at last got my ICE installed today. The HU is CDX-GT350S & 2 pairs of coaxial speakers (4" in the dash & 5" in the front doors). All Sony and with b&w with 2yrs warranty. Cost me 11.2k. Got it done at Khoslas near Milan Subway who are the authorised dealers for Sony.
Would like to thank all the Bhpians for their valuable inputs . Thank you guys!
Uh, some TBHPians suggested that you get all 4 speakers in the front?
Old 20th August 2006, 19:54   #32
Senior - BHPian

An all Sony setup!!.... Enjoy your sound!!...
Old 20th August 2006, 22:25   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker
Cutomer (Noida) : hume chan chan sound chahia........who kasi ayege....
Quote:
Originally Posted by aza
Stay away from TS20's no matter what the installer tells u

User : I want to fix Front Components in my Santro... how much and wot cutting?

Installer (Noida) : Sir ji! Itna expensive speaker kyun laga rahe ho? Ek Ts20 aur 4" Speaker laga lo, Component se acha sound dega!!
my installer to me after one of them has finished the install though the other one was speechless ....

"...saabji itna mehnga kyo bahr se iskoo laye ho...app hame bees pachis hazaar dete to isese acha laga ke dete......"
Old 20th August 2006, 22:31   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
hi guys....at last after poring thru a zillion threads have at last got my ICE installed today. The HU is CDX-GT350S & 2 pairs of coaxial speakers (4" in the dash & 5" in the front doors). All Sony and with b&w with 2yrs warranty. Cost me 11.2k. Got it done at Khoslas near Milan Subway who are the authorised dealers for Sony.
Would like to thank all the Bhpians for their valuable inputs . Thank you guys!
Tata Indica? Do post the specs/price at the What ice @ what price thread pls.
Old 20th August 2006, 22:34   #35
BHPian

I find the OEM wires in My XETA pretty decent enough to play the music I like...and as for My lancer, The OEM wires are great..! So I guess maybe for a basic system, wires could be not that important..! But for something that goes for a Amp/Sub/Bass Tube/Boom Box...Wires are def Important for carrying clean and crisp signals..!
ICE just depends on the way you like your sound..! The more crazy you are the more expensive it will be..!
Old 21st August 2006, 10:17   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble
Uh, some TBHPians suggested that you get all 4 speakers in the front?
yes sam the guru himself did!
Old 21st August 2006, 10:24   #37
BHPian

@kb100 .... thx ... am enjoying it thoroughly!
@jk... yes tata indica..posted it in this thread as had asked initially in this thread for a simple sys costing less than 10k so thought it might be useful for guys wanting cost related info on simple sys.
@wolfinstein...you are absolutely right about the 'crazy'-'expense' relationship!
Old 21st August 2006, 10:41   #38
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
yes sam the guru himself did!
I wont be surprised if this was a misunderstanding. he might have mean a 5" woofer in the door mated to a 4" mid-hf speakers in the dash. either that or Sam knows something I dont otherwise I dont think Sam would advise this setup not even if he was "under the influence".
Old 21st August 2006, 11:19   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
I wont be surprised if this was a misunderstanding. he might have mean a 5" woofer in the door mated to a 4" mid-hf speakers in the dash. either that or Sam knows something I dont otherwise I dont think Sam would advise this setup not even if he was "under the influence".
Hi Navin... http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-en...le-system.html is where I got the info from.

Though I might have misunderstood or whatever...have no complaints and am enjoying the sound as installed! Hopefully I will learn sooner than later from all you gurus about the finer nuances of ICE. Thanks.
Old 21st August 2006, 13:28   #40
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys! It's an Indica. The factory position allows for 2 pairs in the front. A 5.25/6" in the door and 4" in the dash. There is no provision in the rear. Where would you recommend 4 speakers (on a low budget) for a self driven car? Magic I think you did the right thing. Good on you. enjoy.
Old 21st August 2006, 14:16   #41
BHPian

Thank you Sam for putting everything in the right perspective!
Old 21st August 2006, 18:50   #42
BHPian

@ Sam..! as Magic confirmed the provision for Rear speakers are there only in a XETA..! He has got a V2 Turbo...!
Old 22nd August 2006, 10:12   #43
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi
Guys! It's an Indica. The factory position allows for 2 pairs in the front. A 5.25/6" in the door and 4" in the dash. There is no provision in the rear. Where would you recommend 4 speakers (on a low budget) for a self driven car? Magic I think you did the right thing. Good on you. enjoy.
yeah Sam but 2 tweeters 3 feet apart will create all sorts of interpolar interference. yet in a car with the widhsheild scattering the output of the dash speaker this might be limited.

A 6" woofer in the door and a 4" 2 way in the dash would be cleaner. one coudl use a simple 4 ch amp and use 2 to drive the 6" and 2 for the 4" 2way.
Old 22nd August 2006, 10:17   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
A 6" woofer in the door and a 4" 2 way in the dash would be cleaner. one coudl use a simple 4 ch amp and use 2 to drive the 6" and 2 for the 4" 2way.
this can be done with a HU also who is short in budget.......
Old 22nd August 2006, 11:46   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
yeah Sam but 2 tweeters 3 feet apart will create all sorts of interpolar interference. yet in a car with the widhsheild scattering the output of the dash speaker this might be limited.

Navin, that would haev been a better choice, but at 10k! he cant go for it. And its an Indica. YOu can forget interpolar thingies which would be cancelled by turbo noise once teh windows are rolled down.

Last edited by jkdas : 22nd August 2006 at 11:47.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks