Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st March 2010, 11:32   #31
Senior - BHPian

Nice Set Up.

Can you post some day time pics of the setup, of the whole system. I want to see how the stereo player is integrated in the dash.

Please do post the details of pricing for the whole setup
Old 7th May 2010, 14:53   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Is this the same guy from Autofusion? Is this a new garage or did he split? Also could you tell me where is this shop?

@swiftnfurious

Yes anwar has split from Autofusion and he has his new place called Top Gear Revolution, 5th block Koramangala next to JyotiNivas College.
arunkumars is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2010, 16:17   #33
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Xylem, very neat install! Expected when you get it done from Anwar!

Quote:
King - i really wanted to run a RCA cable from the comp directly into the AMP eliminating the HU competely. But Anwar refused to install it saying, the signal would not be powerful enough to drive the AMP. So the stereo pin goes into the AuX in on the HU. And this HU has Aux-in in the front.
It actually depends on the sound card and the amplifier specs that you have.
Most good sounds cards would have 2V+ per channel output and it is enough input for most good amps.
BTW this (bypassing the HU) is the preferred way of wiring audio with a carputer install. You want as few components in your audio chain as possible. Good part is you can always do it later or might consider replacing an HU with a good sound processor, which will at least add some value in the chain.

Quote:
@Nisarg - Though it is easier to do it on ignition, using a mtx power supply, it is wired to the ignition. Hence when you stop at a signal and turn off the ignition, the mtx would prepare to shut you machine down, Also when you turn the ignition key back on, It takes too much time for the system to boot up. Manual boot and shutdown is more like a 1 time activity than using MTX. Its only a individual perception, and boils down to one's preference and comfort levels.
Power on lead of MTX unit is supposed to be connected to your accessories line (and not ignition), so just like your headunit it does not switch off every time you shutdown the car on the signal. I would strongly recommend you go for a good proper DC-DC power unit.

MTX/OPUS are DC-DC unit specially designed around a carputer and address common concerns specific to carPC usage. Most importantly
1. Prevent your PC equipment from power dump and voltage variations during car startup, etc., else you might suddenly find some of your components toasted!
2.They allow automatic hibernation / standby / shutdown of your car pc every time you completely switch of your car (you don't need to do it manually with a switch and don't need to wait for it either).
3. They monitor your battery condition and prevent over discharging of your battery
4. They control amplifier turn on sequence (delayed turn on) to prevent your speakers from getting damaged from initial power on transients.

Quote:
Yes I agree you could connect a 3.5mm to Amp through RCA, but the impact you get out of you HU is no where near the one without the HU. I tried it out and was convinced that this setup is better.
All depends on the sound card and settings. On international forums it is well proven that a well designed CarPC with a decent soundcard can easily beat dedicated HU/Processor available in similar price range.
Old 10th June 2010, 16:08   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST7677 View Post
Congrats Xylem, very neat install! Expected when you get it done from Anwar!

It actually depends on the sound card and the amplifier specs that you have.
Most good sounds cards would have 2V+ per channel output and it is enough input for most good amps.
BTW this (bypassing the HU) is the preferred way of wiring audio with a carputer install. You want as few components in your audio chain as possible. Good part is you can always do it later or might consider replacing an HU with a good sound processor, which will at least add some value in the chain.

Power on lead of MTX unit is supposed to be connected to your accessories line (and not ignition), so just like your headunit it does not switch off every time you shutdown the car on the signal. I would strongly recommend you go for a good proper DC-DC power unit.

MTX/OPUS are DC-DC unit specially designed around a carputer and address common concerns specific to carPC usage. Most importantly
1. Prevent your PC equipment from power dump and voltage variations during car startup, etc., else you might suddenly find some of your components toasted!
2.They allow automatic hibernation / standby / shutdown of your car pc every time you completely switch of your car (you don't need to do it manually with a switch and don't need to wait for it either).
3. They monitor your battery condition and prevent over discharging of your battery
4. They control amplifier turn on sequence (delayed turn on) to prevent your speakers from getting damaged from initial power on transients.

All depends on the sound card and settings. On international forums it is well proven that a well designed CarPC with a decent soundcard can easily beat dedicated HU/Processor available in similar price range.
Great set up there Xylem. Regarding the usage of HU in between, I am against. When you add more components in the path, you are adding up signal resistance and hence noise. As ST7677 said, go in for a high end sound card. Most of them like ASUS Sonar or Creative Soundblaster Titanium can drive an amplifier without the need of an HU in between.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks