Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th March 2010, 18:15   #1
BHPian

HU recommendation/Eclipse support in India

Hi all,

My Eclipse CD5030 which is hardly 4 months old is half dead. When CD is inserted it plays but no display and none of the controls/lights work. Saw the same issue with another unit in the diymobileaudio forum. He is also returning it. So am thinking of returning it back to crutchfield and get a equivalent unit such as Kenwood X994. Please provide alternative suggestions on the HU suggestion. Its for a Swift with JBL 4 channel amp / spkrs / sub GT5.

On a second thought. I hate the long wait involved in sending the unit back to US to get a replacement unit. So just wondering if there is Eclipse service centers in India who might be able to fix this unit.

Really appreciate advice on this.
Old 21st March 2010, 01:45   #2
BHPian

There are authorised sellers here AFAIK. But let others have to say. Maybe i am wrong
Old 21st March 2010, 10:26   #3
BANNED

I don't think that Eclipse is having authorised service support like Pio/Sony HUs.

But local guys may/may not be able to fix if any trouble arises !
Old 21st March 2010, 10:34   #4
Senior - BHPian

I know a prominent car audio importer in Mumbai deals in Eclipse audio. Not sure if he can help you out. I forgot his name but I am sure someone here knows. Maybe they can provide you with a solution.
Old 21st March 2010, 12:47   #5
Senior - BHPian

Elcipse India will not support you, and I have known those people for ages, they will definitely not help u on an imported player.

Crutchfield is hopeless with warranties from India, one Eclipse CD7100 had failed earlier about 2 years ago which was 1 week old and no one could fix it, and Crutchfield guys did not respond, my technician however fixed it and it is still working till date.

Ram: why did'nt you call me and let me know, give it a shot, my technician is a real good guy, he might be able to fix it.
Old 21st March 2010, 20:45   #6
BHPian

+1.

there's no point sending the Head Unit back and forth, and eclipse only has an official importer here, i don't think they have any product service or support. however, you can register the product on their US site and write to them, they may be able to guide you to the cause of the problem. either way, if it's a defect, there'll be other complains n they might recall. in the meanwhile, there's no harm in getting it checked here. blueraven has dealt with eclipse's before.

manish
Eclipse CD 7200 (underutilised, and awaiting an active setup)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueraven316 View Post
Elcipse India will not support you, and I have known those people for ages, they will definitely not help u on an imported player.

Crutchfield is hopeless with warranties from India, one Eclipse CD7100 had failed earlier about 2 years ago which was 1 week old and no one could fix it, and Crutchfield guys did not respond, my technician however fixed it and it is still working till date.

Ram: why did'nt you call me and let me know, give it a shot, my technician is a real good guy, he might be able to fix it.
Old 22nd March 2010, 08:00   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueraven316 View Post

Well Sathya

First thing I thought was to bring it to you.

I found it difficult to plan to meet with you. It's been like this for around a couple of weeks now. I am on the other side of Bangalore making visiting you on weekdays almost impossible. Weekends I almost always drive home to my native.

On other note I have had serious problems with the Tyres on my car shot in a very short time. And this (HU conked)happened when the car came back to me from the service center to attend to the alignment. I am totally pissed with the service guys and will not take my car to them no matter what. You may find my experience on this in the tecnical section of this forum.

Meanwhile one of my friends is going to US so will talk to eclipse / crutchfield. I bought it from signature store so may be they will be of little help. If it doesn't work out I guess we will give it a shot with your techs. Since it's hardly 4 months I don't want to void the 3 year warranty.

Last edited by ramkris : 22nd March 2010 at 08:05.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks