Old 8th November 2005, 12:33   #241
Team-BHP Support

Yeah like that helps in India, JB!
Old 8th November 2005, 13:26   #242
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autophile
No JK

Because the cars in which these amps will go generally have very good suspension
well, so the point is..it is a drawback. cant haev it in cars without a nice suspension.
Old 8th November 2005, 14:28   #243
Team-BHP Support

nice? Sam do you know how delicate those tubes are esp lying down? We would have to have a car that operates on air bearings.
Old 8th November 2005, 14:57   #244
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
nice? Sam do you know how delicate those tubes are esp lying down? We would have to have a car that operates on air bearings.
LOL well thats not very practical now is it?
Old 8th November 2005, 14:59   #245
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
whats air bearings? somethign related to air suspension?
Old 8th November 2005, 15:34   #246
Team-BHP Support

Air bearings are a part of air cushion mobility systems. This is the generic term for Hovercraft. however using such systems in a potholed/speed breaker filled environment has not been done yet. The engineering challenges can be met but the cost does not justify the solution for such enviroments.

However these systems are excellent for in factory transport of goods as well as for transport within any defined perimeter such as a dockyard or aircraft factory.

They enable goods to move with little energy (no friction) and turn about an axis and are excellent for handling loads that are delicate (aircraft fuselages for example) and that cannnot be easily transported using cranes and forklifts (very large transfomers, rocket sections, and nuclear reactor cores for example).

The Hovercraft is a specialied extention of air cushion mobility systems.
Old 9th November 2005, 11:47   #247
BHPian

The amplifier is designed for mobile environment, keeping in mind all the factors. So you guys need not worry
Old 9th November 2005, 12:06   #248
Team-BHP Support

JKB, we were just kidding. We kid Sam about his Crown amps too. Sorry. Besides you must have realised by now that I am an arrogant show off and like to flex my mental muscles (all that gibberish about air cushion mobility systems) all the time. It is just a reflex reaction for my otherwise inadequate performance on planet earth (in this life atleast).

Last edited by navin : 9th November 2005 at 12:09.
Old 9th November 2005, 14:15   #249
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
JKB, we were just kidding. We kid Sam about his Crown amps too. Sorry. Besides you must have realised by now that I am an arrogant show off and like to flex my mental muscles (all that gibberish about air cushion mobility systems) all the time. It is just a reflex reaction for my otherwise inadequate performance on planet earth (in this life atleast).
wheres the crying smiley :((
Old 15th November 2005, 13:21   #250
BHPian

how is pionner Mono 7100 amp?
can anyone give me the estimate price of mono amp without B&W.

Advice some good subwoofer to go along with the pio mono amp.
Also advice some good 2 channel amp for the rear pioneer speakers REV range (yelloe ones).

give your advice on the amps keeping pio 7750 HU in mind

Thanks
Old 15th November 2005, 13:32   #251
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_baghe
how is pionner Mono 7100 amp?
can anyone give me the estimate price of mono amp without B&W.

Advice some good subwoofer to go along with the pio mono amp.
Also advice some good 2 channel amp for the rear pioneer speakers REV range (yelloe ones).

give your advice on the amps keeping pio 7750 HU in mind

Thanks
well the pioneer 7100 is a good mono..it costs around 7.5k in bangalore..well as far as a sub goes u can try out any brand for that matter the market is flooded with them..

id personally say instead of investing in a mono and a 2 ch get a 4 ch and use the 3rd and 4th channels in bridged mode to drive the sub and the 1st two channels to drive the rears..
Old 15th November 2005, 17:47   #252
BHPian

but mclaren, as far as i feel

1. Mono amp is dedicated to drive a sub, where as bridging 4 channel amp does not supply enough power to a DVC sub.
2. And as an alternative, rather supplying power to rear speaker from 1st and 2nd ch, from a 4ch amp would be same as using a 2 ch amp.

So i feel that a combi of mono block amp and decent 2 ch amp would be rather better than using a single 4 ch amp.
Hope that i am right, please advice
Old 15th November 2005, 17:55   #253
Team-BHP Support

amit. a 50W rms 4 ch. amp when bridged to 2 ch. can supply about 100W (depending on design) per channel (2 channels only). should be enough to get small subs moving (8"-12");
while a 22W class A mono amp will not suffice so it power that is the factor not if the amp is 4 ch., mono, or otherwise.

a 100W monoblock and a 50W 2 ch. amp will provide the same power as a 50W 4 ch amp with 2 channels bridged (all other things being equal). a 4 ch. amp will be a simpler install and less prone to electrical noise than the mono-2 ch. combo. so all things being equal I'd use the 4 ch. amp.
Old 15th November 2005, 19:44   #254
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
a 100W monoblock and a 50W 2 ch. amp will provide the same power as a 50W 4 ch amp with 2 channels bridged (all other things being equal). a 4 ch. amp will be a simpler install and less prone to electrical noise than the mono-2 ch. combo. so all things being equal I'd use the 4 ch. amp.
thats exactly why i recommended the 4 ch amp..more over it gives u flexibility too..fine u can use a mono to drive ur sub and a 2ch to drive ur rears..but later if u wish to upgrade ur fronts to components or something better than the existing ones then u will need to get another 2ch amp to run the fronts..so now u will have 3 amps ( 2 2ch amps for front and rear and a mono for sub)..that will cause really big problems,like excessive wiring,alternator whine if not done properly,excessive battery drain and the list goes endless doenst it..

whereas a 4 ch amp will surely give u atleast 100W rms in bridged mode and can drive any sub easily (read not the 15'' and more)..so even if u plan to upgrade to better fronts u can use the 4 ch amp to connect ur fronts and rears and get a mono then for the sub..makes it a lesser hassle of not having 3 amps for the same config..
Old 15th November 2005, 20:07   #255
BHPian

thanks, i'll consider your advice (navin ji and mclaren).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks