Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th May 2007, 00:36   #61
Team-BHP Support

supernova, I repeat my advice in post 58.
Old 19th May 2007, 05:05   #62

Advice taken on board.
Can you tell me exactly what size speakers fit the Innova;-
Dash
front door
rear doors
and if any rear tailgate
the same for the Scorpio, the reason being then I can concentrate on those sizes. Decided to go for 7.2 system setup
Center Speaker on the dash top or If I go for the Pioneer7850 then Clarion din size dash fit
two front doors, two rear doors, two rear tailgate for surround sound and two 8" subs for compromise between space and sound. Now if you tell what you would have? It will give me an Idea how to proceed and if there any monies left from the budget then then I can look at components
Also why would I need extra amps for these two HU's P6850 and P7850
Since the P6850 has 50w*4 and P7850 has 50w*8 amps built in already?
Old 19th May 2007, 10:41   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supernova View Post
Because the HU amp has not so much power that it can drive the speakers to the max....also it is no 50 watts it is the max rating which is achieved for few seconds the actual rating of the same is about 15-18 watts with 10 % distortion.....that why a addon amp is required to make justice to the install....
Old 19th May 2007, 11:45   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
Because the HU amp has not so much power that it can drive the speakers to the max....also it is no 50 watts it is the max rating which is achieved for few seconds the actual rating of the same is about 15-18 watts with 10 % distortion.....that why a addon amp is required to make justice to the install....
And you can't drive a sub off the HU's amp.
Old 19th May 2007, 12:04   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Advice taken on board.
Can you tell me exactly what size speakers fit the Innova;-
Dash
front door
rear doors
and if any rear tailgate
the same for the Scorpio, the reason being then I can concentrate on those sizes. Decided to go for 7.2 system setup
Center Speaker on the dash top or If I go for the Pioneer7850 then Clarion din size dash fit
two front doors, two rear doors, two rear tailgate for surround sound and two 8" subs for compromise between space and sound. Now if you tell what you would have? It will give me an Idea how to proceed and if there any monies left from the budget then then I can look at components
Lets take the speakers first :

Front and rear speakers :

Innova : Front 6.5" in the door and Tweeter in RVM pod only in higher end models

Scorpio : Front 6.5" and rear above the hatch door 4".

Centre Speaker Options : In both the cars you can use DIN sized centre speakers, like Alpine SBS-05DC in case you go for single DIN flipout monitor like Pioneer 7850. If you intend to buy 6850 then any surface mount centre speakers from Pioneer, JVC will do.

You do need extra amplifiers because the one inside the head units does not have enough power to run the surround system to fullest potential. As an overall unit 7850 is much better than 6850 but also the more expensive.

Last edited by Autophile : 19th May 2007 at 12:05.
Old 19th May 2007, 12:04   #66
BHPian

OT : Overall Innova is much better car than Scorpio for audio.

Last edited by Autophile : 19th May 2007 at 12:07.
Old 19th May 2007, 17:30   #67

Is this available in India and how much with B&W?
I have seen single din unit fitted in the Innova where the switches are below the ashtray, was looking to have this type of center speaker fitted there. Can It be done and will it sound alright?
Old 20th May 2007, 17:48   #68
BHPian

The Alpine Centre Speaker is the best available in India at the moment until and unless you want a custom one. It fits in DIN space and offers very good sound quality but its expensive close to 10 grands with B&W.
Old 20th May 2007, 18:03   #69
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autophile View Post
The Alpine Centre Speaker is the best available in India at the moment until and unless you want a custom one. It fits in DIN space and offers very good sound quality but its expensive close to 10 grands with B&W.
But is is not a sonic match for stuff like Iridiums, Focals, and other high end speakers someone getting such a system woul dbe using. I would suggest a custom in most cases.
Old 20th May 2007, 21:41   #70

Final selection?

Hi

The following is what I have decided on, would like see what you think of these. Unless you can come up with something better for this budget or less.
Head Unit Pionee AVH-P6850
Centre speaker Alpine SBS-05DC
Front door 3 way Jl Audio VX 653.CS
Rear door 2 way JL Audio VR 650.CSi
Rear Tailgate 2 way JL Audio VR 650.CSi
Subwoofers * 2 Alpine Type R 10" * 2
Front Amp 6 channel Audioson LRx6SR
Sub. Amp. 2 channel Audioson SRx2
Headrest monitors NecVox 7" * 2
Roof monitor NecVox 10.5"
Headphones * 4 Alpine SHS-N205
Plus fitting to be done by Gunbir if has the time. There are smaller items that need to fitted that I have not mentioned, but this the main stuff.
While surfing found this website with a fit on a Innova from our Thai brothers. รถเด่นประจำสัปดาห์. The rear sub encloser is cool, tyring to imagine two like that in my Innova doesn't compromise too much on the space. What do think?
Old 21st May 2007, 00:08   #71
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Q: why 4 headphones? If everyone has the same source why the hedphones at all? Also I think you can drop the last pair of JL 650s. I would audition JL alongside Focal, DLS, Rainbow, Morel etc.. before you go ahead.

Last edited by navin : 21st May 2007 at 00:10.
Old 21st May 2007, 01:06   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Also I think you can drop the last pair of JL 650s. I would audition JL alongside Focal, DLS, Rainbow, Morel etc.. before you go ahead.
Ya I agree why do we need the last pair of speakers when we 4 with 2 in the front and 2 in the rear doors....so the last pair is not so much required....with this you can go for 4 ch amp and a monoblock.......brand like JBL, Alpine are also avalable in the market....this goes for the speakers also.....like Navin Ji said there are other brands also.....so try auditioning before buying....
Old 21st May 2007, 10:36   #73

hi

can you susgest someone close to prasad nagar?
Old 21st May 2007, 13:08   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi

The following is what I have decided on, would like see what you think of these. Unless you can come up with something better for this budget or less.
Head Unit Pionee AVH-P6850
Centre speaker Alpine SBS-05DC
Front door 3 way Jl Audio VX 653.CS
Rear door 2 way JL Audio VR 650.CSi
Rear Tailgate 2 way JL Audio VR 650.CSi
Subwoofers * 2 Alpine Type R 10" * 2
Front Amp 6 channel Audison LRx6SR
Sub. Amp. 2 channel Audison SRx2
Headrest monitors NecVox 7" * 2
Roof monitor NecVox 10.5"
Plus fitting to be done by Gunbir if has the time. There are smaller items that need to fitted that I have not mentioned, but this the main stuff.
While surfing found this website with a fit on a Innova from our Thai brothers. öà´è¹»ÃШÓÊÑ»´ÒËì. The rear sub encloser is cool, tyring to imagine two like that in my Innova doesn't compromise too much on the space. What do think?
Supernova, any reason behind the preference for the JL VX/VR series. I mean, have you heard them?

Also the Rtypes arent exactly what I call efficient subs. And in our experience with them we weren't too impressed. Do consider some other options like JL, iD etc for sub.

Last edited by gunbir : 21st May 2007 at 13:10.
Old 21st May 2007, 13:15   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir View Post
Do consider some other options like JL, iD etc for sub.
Yes the JL , Id are good subs....but on a budget the JBL power series are also very good.....

Most Viewed

Copyright ฉ2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks