Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Search this Thread
Old 27th November 2006, 23:06   #31
Senior - BHPian

Awesome Job, looks really nice and I am sure sounds good too, Keep up the good work, I liked the subs under the seat thing
Old 16th March 2007, 00:27   #32

Gunbir sir,please help me

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir View Post
Hey guys.... I'm back... another day, another install... and this time its the Toyota Innova.
Any help needed... just holla...
Hello Gunbir sir,
My name is arunjp and I'm a new member in this forum.By searching through the forum I realised that you are an audio guru.I don't know anything about the audio set up.So sir I'm seeking your help.Sir please help me with the following queries
1)Please tell me the best available audio set up within 40k(including wiring,damping,subwoofer,HU,amps,speakers etc) for SCORPIO CRDE SLX 8-SEATER with brand names and prices
2)I don't want to consume my luggage space much. So please tell me other options to set up the sub woofer
3)I have no brand preferences and I hear to music like safri duo,linkin park,system of down,metallica etc
Please help me,
arunjp
Old 16th March 2007, 09:46   #33
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunjp View Post
1)Please tell me the best available audio set up within 40k(including wiring,damping,subwoofer,HU,amps,speakers etc) for SCORPIO CRDE SLX 8-SEATER with brand names and prices
2)I don't want to consume my luggage space much. So please tell me other options to set up the sub woofer
3)I have no brand preferences and I hear to music like safri duo,linkin park,system of down,metallica etc
Please help me,
arunjp
Arun,

You have started threads with the same topic on another section of the ICE forum as well. I believe you already have some replies to those questions. Please do not start multiple threads in multiple forums on the SAME topic.

Instead I would advise you to visit a few installers in your area and LISTEN. Just like you cant learn driving by reading a book you cant learn much about audio (or any other discipline) without getting your hands, eyes, and ears "dirty".

The section is purely for Show Off and sound Offs. When your system is done we welcome to post the pics and description here. I expect you to continue your discussion on the Ask your Gurus section. Additional posts on this sction will be deleted and might warrant and infraction.

BTW Gunbir and Autophile (we also call him JB) are based in Delhi (or there abouts) represent a few brands (incl Hertz, Audisson, Image Dynamics) like many other brands these brands are good but I (just like Gunbir or JB) would advise you listen to more than just these then atleast you will understand what you are buying. An educated customer is the best customer. That said, Gunbir and JB are good guys and dedicated to good car audio (and from wht I have been told, eating butter chicken).

FYI, over the past 5-7 years there has been an explosion of imported brands in the market. There has also been an explosion os all sorts of fake/imitation stuff. Please be careful and insist on a Bill and Manufacturer's warranty as far as possible.
Old 16th March 2007, 09:53   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
That said, Gunbir and JB are good guys and dedicated to good car audio (and from wht I have been told, eating butter chicken).
Well I'll pass on the butter chicken. Don't like it much (theres only one place in the world that makes it like it should) usually. But soon the "butter chicken" will be replaced with seafood, biryani and authentic South Indian food.

Last edited by gunbir : 16th March 2007 at 10:01.
Old 16th March 2007, 09:57   #35
BANNED

@ArunJP.
Check your PM, I have a surprise waiting for you.

Butter chicken was long forgotten I thought.

Scorpio query in Innova install thread doesn't look good.
Old 16th March 2007, 10:31   #36
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
usually. But soon the "butter chicken" will be replaced with seafood, biryani and authentic South Indian food.
Do I understand this correctly? if so....

Warning: Gunbir is moving South. Buy shares of South India based restraunt chains! :-)
Old 16th March 2007, 10:57   #37
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Do I understand this correctly? if so....

Warning: Gunbir is moving South. Buy shares of South India based restraunt chains! :-)
Oh My God!!! Is it due to Hertz selling well these days down here??

Guys, it is just a few days offer. Invest today. (I am talking of shares).
Old 16th March 2007, 10:58   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
Butter chicken was long forgotten I thought.
because of the omeletee.............
Old 18th April 2007, 09:09   #39
Senior - BHPian

BUMP

I have a friend who has bought the top of the line Innova (Dont know the variant). He needs a simple install. He is quite happy with the crappy front speakers. for the rear options, Gunbir, i would have loved to see how your rear comps were installed. if you have pics of that, please put them up.
Old 18th April 2007, 09:22   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
soon the "butter chicken" will be replaced with seafood, biryani and authentic South Indian food.
Where and when, may I ask?
Old 18th April 2007, 09:54   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
BUMP

I have a friend who has bought the top of the line Innova (Dont know the variant). He needs a simple install. He is quite happy with the crappy front speakers. for the rear options, Gunbir, i would have loved to see how your rear comps were installed. if you have pics of that, please put them up.
Hi John
These are all the pics I have of the rear doors. No tweeter pics! but they are installed just as on the front doors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyobeb View Post
Where and when, may I ask?
Been there done that (itching to do it again...)
Old 18th April 2007, 09:54   #42
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Innova needs a simple install. He is quite happy with the crappy front speakers. .
a chain is only as strong as the weakest link in this case it is the speakers.
Old 18th April 2007, 10:11   #43
Team-BHP Support

Gunbir, what is that cloth that covers the speaker mount rings called? The black one in the picture posted above.
Old 18th April 2007, 10:24   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
Gunbir, what is that cloth that covers the speaker mount rings called? The black one in the picture posted above.
Ummm.... Carpet.........
gunbir is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2007, 11:13   #45
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Ummm.... Carpet.........
I wanted to know the trade name and what type of shops sell them because I tried to find it here but haven't been successful enough.

Most Viewed