Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th August 2010, 16:49   #61
Senior - BHPian

Good call, Invinsible.
That said, from the Clarion to this Pioneer, the cost-benefit ratio would be too less.
And to justify the P99, you'll have to go exotic with everything now.
I'd personally put a lot more into the speakers, amps, damping and install.
Old 4th August 2010, 17:43   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
Good call, Invinsible.
That said, from the Clarion to this Pioneer, the cost-benefit ratio would be too less.
And to justify the P99, you'll have to go exotic with everything now.
I'd personally put a lot more into the speakers, amps, damping and install.
Thanks, Already running the Morel Ovation in front and More temp coax at the rear with the sub. Will stick to the same comps for sometime, will be upgrading the amp though but not to high end but definitely with good quality. There is 2 layers of damping already used so not much to be added. Will keep things as it is before upgrading except for the amp to determine the difference the HU makes over the Clarion. Amp is important but not nearly as the Speakers, installation and digital processing.
Old 4th August 2010, 18:13   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invinsible View Post
After a lot of wait and deciding between the Pioneer P99RS and JBL MS-8, choose the Pioneer DEH-P01, the Japanese version of P99RS which comes with 6 channel amplifier.

It is also rumored that the Japanese version, Carrozzeria has better internals compared to P99RS that the rest of the world gets. Not sure how true that is.
I do not think it will be different why would they make to same model with same features and everything but different internal, I think the only difference would be the external 6 channel amp which is of no use according to me. As the person would would be install this HU would go for a better amps !!!

Also the p99rs is made in japan like the the deh-p01
Old 4th August 2010, 18:27   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
I do not think it will be different why would they make to same model with same features and everything but different internal, I think the only difference would be the external 6 channel amp which is of no use according to me. As the person would would be install this HU would go for a better amps !!!

Also the p99rs is made in japan like the the deh-p01
I am not to sure but there have been rumors and there are some on DIYMA forum, who felt that P01 has an edge. Though there is no much data to support on that. Yes the 6 channel is of now use it puts out 22RMS. Looking for amps with low floor noise and better signal to noise ratio

Last edited by Invinsible : 4th August 2010 at 18:31.
Old 4th August 2010, 18:55   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am not to sure but there have been rumors and there are some on DIYMA forum, who felt that P01 has an edge. Though there is no much data to support on that. Yes the 6 channel is of now use it puts out 22RMS. Looking for amps with low floor noise and better signal to noise ratio
Ya there is always speculation when something similar things are launched.

About the amps which ones have you short listed ??
Old 4th August 2010, 19:12   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
Ya there is always speculation when something similar things are launched.

About the amps which ones have you short listed ??
Haven't given a thought on amps, but could be from Arc, DLS, Audison or the soundstream. Will be doing front 2 way active with rear and sub.
Old 4th August 2010, 21:31   #67
naughty001

congratulation L_B_M ji - i love the functionality of this headunit and it is the only unit that tempts me purely because as you say its closest competitor which is the HX-D2 does not have any MP3 functionality - normally this wouldnt be a problem but since as seeing i have around 90000 mp3 tracks i think i will be very busy if i had to write even a quarter of those to WAV CD

if i was to replace my alpine 9887 then this is the unit id have and the only other choice open to me would be if i buy a new car and could not replace the headunit in that would be to use an audison bit one to control the stock headunit - but as an aftermarket headunit this one has all the bells and whistles you need ..... and in terms of sound from what ive heard around the only difference is that the HX-D2 still gives a slightly cleaner bass response (not more - but just cleaner sounding in terms of SQ) but otherwise very similar sounding units

as for the guys who are amazed that it costs 50k rupees - that is cheaper than it is in the USA - since 50k rupees is around $1100 but the headunit costs around $1200 generally in the US - which is around R8000 (ZA rands) where i live but i would have to pay around R15000 (ZA rands) for it if i were to want one here due to import duties and taxation as well as shipping and handling ....... so you guys in India get it a lot cheaper than elsewhere in the world - i could get two of those from there at the price of one here

but anyways im digressing - the unit looks fantastic and im sure it makes your system sound very nice since im confident that you have adequate control to adjust any combination of amp and speakers that you would care to use so congrats once again and i have to add that im very Jealous

Old 4th August 2010, 22:19   #68
Senior - BHPian

It's a fantastic head unit. Amongst the cleanest sounding heads I have heard, and the feature packed processor makes it a dream tuning machine.

Just one little complaint - I am using the P99RS in 3-way mode, i.e. Front + Rear + Sub, rather than going active. When I try to do Auto EQ, the process stops mid-way because the head unit detects that 1 pair of pre-outs are not connected to any speakers. I have not come across a single processor till date that is so fussy.
Old 4th August 2010, 22:25   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
It's a fantastic head unit. Amongst the cleanest sounding heads I have heard, and the feature packed processor makes it a dream tuning machine.

Just one little complaint - I am using the P99RS in 3-way mode, i.e. Front + Rear + Sub, rather than going active. When I try to do Auto EQ, the process stops mid-way because the head unit detects that 1 pair of pre-outs are not connected to any speakers. I have not come across a single processor till date that is so fussy.
You could switch of one of the output atleast that's what one could do it in 4 way active mode if one is planing to run 2 way front + sub active.
Old 5th August 2010, 00:33   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post

Sir ji bahut simple hai...In the main setup menu (which comes by turn off the hu and press the jogdail) turn off the output which you are not using and then do the auto eq it will work !!!
Old 5th August 2010, 12:11   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naughty001 View Post

as for the guys who are amazed that it costs 50k rupees - that is cheaper than it is in the USA - since 50k rupees is around $1100 but the headunit costs around $1200 generally in the US - which is around R8000 (ZA rands) where i live but i would have to pay around R15000 (ZA rands) for it if i were to want one here due to import duties and taxation as well as shipping and handling ....... so you guys in India get it a lot cheaper than elsewhere in the world - i could get two of those from there at the price of one here

I suppose in India it is priced at around 85K rupees with B/W which is steep compared to prices in other countries. DEH-P01 cost me around 1700S$. It is no doubt one of the best source player in the market. The good thing you could play almost any format except for FLAC of the USB. I have been happy with the Clarion, I chose over the other contenders. Let's see how much difference does this one make over it.
Old 5th August 2010, 12:26   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
. Let's see how much difference does this one make over it.
Night and day difference
Old 1st September 2010, 15:10   #73
Senior - BHPian

Just received the Pioneer P01 some days back. Details continued here http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sound-...ml#post2051603

Last edited by Invinsible : 1st September 2010 at 15:13.
Old 3rd September 2019, 11:22   #74
BHPian

Re: My new car Head Unit - P99RS !!!

Wonder why this thread stopped so many years back. I had bought a Crysta 2.8G only for the reason that I wanted a P99RS instead of the stock system. I have installed 2 Focal amps plus 4 focal 6" woofers + 4 Sony 4" with the tweeters wires cut off to act as Midrange + 4 focal tweeters in the doors to complete the setup. Crysta comes with existing heavy damping in its doors and this for me is as audiophile it can get in a car.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks