Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd April 2010, 15:15   #16
Senior - BHPian

How about using a dead amplifier case or body for installing the carpc? my blaupunkt is just too thin else i would have redone in it. need a longer break from work to kick start rebuild.
Old 3rd April 2010, 16:19   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
I will run the audio output from the USB soundcard to a nice head unit's AUX input. No surround sound.
If stereo output is all you require, consider a USB DAC. If you can DIY or have someone with those skills available, there's the Alien DAC & Bantam DAC among others. From the commercial offerings, the Hippo HiFi Bloat comes to mind.

These generally use Burr Brown chips, so you have pristine SQ, and no hibernation issues as the OS generally has native support.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nisarg86 View Post
I think dual core atom would be more than enough in car.
Old 3rd April 2010, 17:52   #18
BHPian

B&T, even I am sourcing components for my Car PC. I already have updated the details in another thread but posting it here again for your reference.

Motherboard + processor : Intel D945GCLF2 (dual-core atom) : Procured

Power supply : M2-ATX DC-DC ATX auto car PC power supply : Procured (A friend coming from US made some last minute decisions to get it for me!)

Display : IRV-070GL from iRide : Ordered, Waiting for confirmation (You listening, Sheldon )

Cabinet : Planning to buy an empty case for a 2-din audio system. Would try my luch at Lajpat Nagar market this weekend.

Misc 1 : A flexible PCI Riser card

Misc 2 : Thinking of buying a trackball presenter from Logitech but not very sure if it would allow customising all the buttons in it. Any leads here ?
Old 3rd April 2010, 18:16   #19
Senior - BHPian

iball has a trackball presenter which allows its other buttons to be configured. how well it will work, has to be experimented.
there is a industrial wired (waterproof,dustproof )optical trackball mouse for 6k with a company in mumbai. on second thoughts if you have a carputer touchscreen then dont spend on these. if you are going to pair it with double din players then they are good option.
Old 3rd April 2010, 18:30   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigy View Post
on second thoughts if you have a carputer touchscreen then dont spend on these. if you are going to pair it with double din players then they are good option.
I really do not want to take my eyes off the road for performing simple tasks like changing songs, increasing/decreasing volume. That's why a presenter comes into picture!
Old 3rd April 2010, 18:35   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetAddict View Post
I really do not want to take my eyes off the road for performing simple tasks like changing songs, increasing/decreasing volume. That's why a presenter comes into picture!
Then you can go for CarPC JoyCon.

Last edited by nisarg86 : 3rd April 2010 at 18:37.
Old 3rd April 2010, 18:51   #22
Senior - BHPian

Then a steering mounted button option will be a better solution for keeping eyes on road. or presenter itself will have to be fixed to it.
Old 3rd April 2010, 19:05   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nisarg86 View Post
Then you can go for CarPC JoyCon.
Details.. More details!!
Old 4th April 2010, 00:52   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Details.. More details!!
CarPC JoyCon (Steering wheel remote controller interface) *new*
but you must have car steering wheel remote controllers. in which car you going to install carputer ?
OR
Griffin Technology: PowerMate - USB Multimedia Controller
Old 4th April 2010, 14:15   #25
BANNED

Quote:
I really do not want to take my eyes off the road for performing simple tasks like changing songs, increasing/decreasing volume. T
that's why a presenter comes into picture!
you can make an IR receiver for your carpc which will use your USB or Serial port of your motherboard.
with this you can control simple functions like previous song next song volume up and low and few more things with nay remote.
i am using pioneer steering wheel remote with this.
Old 5th April 2010, 17:43   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by monty9991 View Post
you can make an IR receiver for your carpc which will use your USB or Serial port of your motherboard.
with this you can control simple functions like previous song next song volume up and low and few more things with nay remote.
i am using pioneer steering wheel remote with this.
This sounds good. How do I go about doing that ?
Old 5th April 2010, 23:52   #27
BANNED

i am using a software known as GIRDER. you buy it and DIY its hardware (not more than Rs.50) and you are ready to go.

Quote:
This sounds good. How do I go about doing that ?
Old 6th April 2010, 18:30   #28
BHPian

Sorry for Hijacking your thread B&T. Gigy, Monty, Nisarg please continue the discussion on http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-do...er-thread.html. I have posted a question there
Old 10th May 2010, 15:10   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigy View Post
How about using a dead amplifier case or body for installing the carpc? my blaupunkt is just too thin else i would have redone in it. need a longer break from work to kick start rebuild.
You are right, the amplifier case is too thin, the procy and fan stand out. I am right now trying an old VCR case.
Old 10th May 2010, 15:18   #30
Senior - BHPian

In case people are wondering what the progress on my carputer is, frankmehta is helping me put together the various components. Frank, could you post up some details when free?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks