Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Search this Thread
Old 15th December 2006, 13:38   #1
VMG
BHPian

Roof monitor & DVD player

Friends

I have 2004 model Scorpio and installed 10 CD changer MP3 under the driver seat. Now I would like to install Roof top screen and replace my 10 CD changer with the DVD\VCD\MP3 player. My budget is around 15K and I am in Chennai. Pl. suggest me a good model with price details and also which is the good place in Chennai for an installation.

Thanks.
Old 15th December 2006, 15:31   #2
Senior - BHPian

Necvox roof top screens are VFM & available in most stores. What HU do you use ? why do you want to scrap your cd changer ? you could get a DVD hu & scrap your present HU, unless it is a great model.
regarding the screen, there is a necvox model with a TV tuner, try to get that . it may prove useful when you are in the highway & there was a cricket match/world cup football live on DD.
cheers
Old 15th December 2006, 15:40   #3
Senior - BHPian

WHich HU? Forget getting a DVD changer ( 40k !!!)
Screens start frm 4k up .
and check other threads like http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-en...-possible.html
Old 15th December 2006, 17:31   #4
BHPian

Imho

VMG have recently fixed up a JVC KD DV6101 which I bought for 10.5k and have a dashboard mount monitor 5.5 inches which I bought about 1 year and a half back for 4.7k... Nowadays Have heard that a roof mounted one which is about 7 inches is around the same price... so why not?
Old 15th December 2006, 18:47   #5
Senior - BHPian

Either you could get a DVD HU like the Sony MEX R1 which I prefer over the JVC mostly, or you could use an add-on type DVD player if your head unit can take accept aux input.

Necvox 8" roof-mount screen should be for about 8.5k.
Old 15th December 2006, 19:08   #6

Sony MEX R1 costs 10K in gray market in Mumbai. Has aux input andI use it for my ipod.It has a remote too. I have fixed a Chinese screen (8" for Rs 5000/={logic : why spend more and buy a SONY/NECVOX when in the same price I can if needed replace it three times!} You just have to check the prices of LCD screens on the net to realize why are they so cheap right now. Prices are predicted to fall even more come 2007.
I did not compromise on the speakers and put in JBLs( original) End result : Great!
Old 18th December 2006, 17:21   #7
Senior - BHPian

Yes, i also have the MEX-R1. it has some terrific features that i love. of course, it is not a flashy looking unit like the pioneers are, but good enough. i would strongly recommend this above the JVC & the pioneer in the same range
Old 30th March 2010, 17:56   #8
BHPian

Roof monitor & DVD player

Anyone has idea about this product?
[COLOR=#0f8ddf]ROYAL SUNVISOR 7" CAR LCD WITH USB PORT,MEMORY CARD READER,IN-BUILT SPEAKERS AND REMOTE[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#0f8ddf]VICTOR 7.2"ROOF MOUNT CAR LCD[/COLOR]

These product costs only around Rs. 3500 (MRP is around Rs. 8000) and hence I would like to know if this is reliable or not. Please help in this regard.

Regards,
Sarin
Old 30th March 2010, 18:07   #9
Senior - BHPian

I would not recommend these products as they are unreliable. Even I was looking out for the same and came across several products like this, but is not worth the risk as it afterall deals with the electricals of the car

The whole SP / MRP is all a gimmick and the real cost of that product is far less than what is stated. So please chuck it
Old 30th March 2010, 18:07   #10
Team-BHP Support

Mods note: thread merged.
Old 31st March 2010, 09:32   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedreamcatcher View Post
I would not recommend these products as they are unreliable. Even I was looking out for the same and came across several products like this, but is not worth the risk as it afterall deals with the electricals of the car

The whole SP / MRP is all a gimmick and the real cost of that product is far less than what is stated. So please chuck it
Thanks for the reply thedreamcatcher. Ok. I will not go for it. In fact I am looking for a DVD player with LCD which can be mounted on the roof of my SX4. I don't want to change the existing stereo. I need some help from fellow BHP'ians in this regard. I need to feel the device and hence suggestion of few shops and also some good models in Bangalore would be great.
Regards,
Sarin
Old 1st April 2010, 19:06   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarinkumar View Post
Thanks for the reply thedreamcatcher. Ok. I will not go for it. In fact I am looking for a DVD player with LCD which can be mounted on the roof of my SX4. I don't want to change the existing stereo. I need some help from fellow BHP'ians in this regard. I need to feel the device and hence suggestion of few shops and also some good models in Bangalore would be great.
Regards,
Sarin

i have got one doubt in you setting the roof mounted DVD player with LCD will it not obstruct the view for the rear view mirror

suppose you are using the DVD while riding your car will the LCD flip down obstruct your rear view image if so its very dangerous
Old 1st April 2010, 19:16   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathyaprakash View Post
i have got one doubt in you setting the roof mounted DVD player with LCD will it not obstruct the view for the rear view mirror

suppose you are using the DVD while riding your car will the LCD flip down obstruct your rear view image if so its very dangerous

Buddy, the install will be on the roof and the LCD panel will not be that long, hence will not obstruct the view of the rear view mirror.
Old 2nd April 2010, 02:42   #14
Senior - BHPian

I did check this out and I believe either Pioneer or Sony has one with a roof mounted TFT come DVD player. Another good model I saw was a Voyager player that was featured in the Autocar magazine
Old 2nd April 2010, 17:50   #15
BHPian

[/quote]
[quote=thedreamcatcher;1816604]I did check this out and I believe either Pioneer or Sony has one with a roof mounted TFT come DVD player. Another good model I saw was a Voyager player that was featured in the Autocar magazine

Can you kindly give me the the model number of both Sony & Pioneer as i am planning to fix it this week its urgent thank you.

Last edited by sathyaprakash : 2nd April 2010 at 17:52. Reason: highlighting quote

Most Viewed