Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th April 2010, 00:41   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelightening View Post
Hey Blueraven, Can you please advice me whether we can go ahead with 6.5 inch component setup on the front doors or we can think of replacing the current 4" front coaxials with 4" inch illusions procured from Hermit Audio?

Can you suggest me the benefits we can expect from both setups independently and their price factor ?

In terms of Mid Bass and loudness to match with your rear 6X9s the 4" component Speaker will not be able to beat the 6.5" Component on the door.
The only thing is you have to be prepared for the custom fitment on the door, in which case you will have to leave the component or at least a 6.5" Coax Speaker in that slot when you eventually sell the car.

If you don't want any cutting then 4" component is the solution.

For the mats etc some amount of cutting of the original mats etc will solve the issue.

Last edited by blueraven316 : 13th April 2010 at 00:42.
Old 13th April 2010, 08:19   #17
BHPian

@Blueraven, can you advice me the model and cost of both 6.5" components and 4" components?

Yeah, I have to cut the mat as per the boxes. I am looking for some professional help over here too.
Old 13th April 2010, 11:21   #18
BHPian

@thelightening
I was in a similar dilemna as I have an Alto which limits the default component size to 4 inches.

I procured Illusion 4.1 components from Hermit Audio. It was far better than any 4" co-axial setup that I had heard before and I was very pleased with the setup for 4-5 months. But when I auditioned a few setups with 6.5" components, I knew I was missing out on a lot.

Installing 6.5" components in a Wagon-R is very much possible but it requires an experienced installer who preferably has installed such a setup before. You can check the ICE forum for installs where 6.5" components have been installed by fixing MDF spacer rings in the door panel.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sound-...ound-zero.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sound-...-mid-bass.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sound-...-up-wagon.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sound-...cs-pg-3-a.html

Good luck with your ICE quest!
Old 14th April 2010, 12:26   #19
BHPian

Great advice "thelord".

I am just waiting for an input from blueraven, so that I can meet him over a weekend and do the upgrade with him.

Planning to go for JBL 608c in the front doors, any other suggestion with the components?
Old 14th April 2010, 13:28   #20
BHPian

JBL 608c is a good VFM component set.
After checking the feasibility of installing 6.5" inch comps, I'd suggest you audition a few setups in Bangalore as each speaker has a distinct signature sound. I am sure many Bangalore t-bhpians will be glad to give you an audition.

Some other brands that you can consider in 5-8k price range are Bull Audio/Illusion Audio Electra/Hertz.
Old 16th April 2010, 13:55   #21
BHPian

yes, I am planning to have a demo of the speakers.
Old 22nd April 2010, 23:25   #22
BHPian

@Blueraven, Came to know that you have kicker 4" components in stock.

Can you please let me know how it will sound on my wagonR ? Actually I am not interested to cut any plastics !!

And I would like to finish the floor mat work also. Right now its not covered properly..

Suggestions welcome.
Old 23rd April 2010, 11:53   #23
Senior - BHPian

4" components from Kicker are coming into Bangalore in a week or so.
They are definitely a lot better option compared to any entry level 4" coax.
Old 24th April 2010, 10:47   #24
BANNED

Unfortunately i havent enjoyed good experience with EVO for my last couple of visits.

1. Went for a tyre upgrade for my swift VDI to 185/70 R14. After looking at couple of alloys at the shop i planned to upgrade to 15" alloys and EVO were'nt able to convince me their models. I have dropped the idea of alloy upgrade and just sticked to the tyre change plan. Well, the guys are so busy that i had to run behind to talk about a deal.

2. I wasnt happy with the music system and was looking for any worthy upgrades ( wanted to upgrade the front coaxials to components which they suggested ) I had got the component upgrade ( 608 C ) done from 10.30 AM to 1.30 PM and finally i felt the coaxials i had were much better. EVO didnt bother to ask me if i was happy with the upgrade and said thats the best. I was sharing this with one of my friend who regularly visits sachin's autoshop and he was laughing at the whole episode.

I am still trying to understand how that its only me who didnt have a good experience with EVO. I dont think there is any respect if business involves less than 10K, lol.
Old 28th April 2010, 12:36   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by santhosh_lv View Post
2. I wasnt happy with the music system and was looking for any worthy upgrades ( wanted to upgrade the front coaxials to components which they suggested ) I had got the component upgrade ( 608 C ) done from 10.30 AM to 1.30 PM and finally i felt the coaxials i had were much better. EVO didnt bother to ask me if i was happy with the upgrade and said thats the best. I was sharing this with one of my friend who regularly visits sachin's autoshop and he was laughing at the whole episode.

I am still trying to understand how that its only me who didnt have a good experience with EVO. I dont think there is any respect if business involves less than 10K, lol.
Maybe there was some neglect from my end or I probably was not able to gauge how much attention you needed when you were here.
Maybe your expectations from the component were something different from what you got, Till date I really have not seen anyone saying they liked some basic coaxials better than a GTo608C which is a component speaker, so thats very surprising.

By the way you are posting on a thread where someone spent almost the whole day and less than 10k and was happy. Money does not command anything in our store, people have got many a times free service / help from us with problems they faced because of mistakes done by the car manufacturer during servicing and we charged nothing.

Was this a Saturday ? however I never even remember opening my store by 10 30 AM let alone start the work,
My regular customers know my opeing timings .

Quote:
Originally Posted by santhosh_lv View Post

1. Went for a tyre upgrade for my swift VDI to 185/70 R14. After looking at couple of alloys at the shop i planned to upgrade to 15" alloys and EVO were'nt able to convince me their models. I have dropped the idea of alloy upgrade and just sticked to the tyre change plan. Well, the guys are so busy that i had to run behind to talk about a deal.
Sometimes it gets really crazy at our store working out on product deliveries and continuous customer flow, at times people might feel a little left out but all we can ask is to bear with us. We Don't mean it.
Old 30th April 2010, 10:07   #26
BHPian

Hey Santhosh !

I agree with Blueraven, there a lot of people coming in her to his store for doing some serious jobs and even just to chat with him.

What I feel here is , whenever you feel left out, we can just pull him towards us, else what ? He wont mind I'm sure.

Yes the thing is I have spend the whole day with him and my work was not that much expensive ones also. But he really took the interest in b/w and did the needful. I feel there was some mis-communication happened here. Next time when you visit him, just pull him whenever you left out!

So Blue, now comes to you, happy to hear from you that the Kicker 4" components arrived at store. I am still in dilemma that, whether I should go for 4" or 6.5" ?

Will there be much noticeable difference in 4" JBL coaxial in dash now with that of 4" kicker components? Can I come and listen to that?

Anyway I am planning to visit to complete that mat finish work also.
Old 4th May 2010, 12:12   #27
BHPian

Guys, as part of finishing the ICE setup, I would like to finish the mat work in the boot also. Now if you see in the below picture you can see the floor mats not finished as per the curves of the mdf boxes. Due to this heat and dust will pop up in to the cabin from the spare wheel place.

Requesting advices how to finish the work in total. So that boot will be looking perfect.
Attached Thumbnails
WagonR Re-ICE'd at EVO..-4.jpg  

Old 4th May 2010, 12:27   #28
Senior - BHPian

Those boxes look huge for the tiny 6x9s,i think you can easily fit in 2 x JBL subwoofer's in that each 1.2cu.ft. boxes and have a blast
Old 4th May 2010, 12:40   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramie2400 View Post
Those boxes look huge for the tiny 6x9s,i think you can easily fit in 2 x JBL subwoofer's in that each 1.2cu.ft. boxes and have a blast
Hey Ramie, thats a great idea. But its not a sealed enclosure. there are gaps in millimeters. I feel Sub needs sealed enclosure with a dedicated air passage.

Any idea about finishing the boot mats?
Old 4th May 2010, 12:45   #30
Senior - BHPian

Yess you can cut the boot mats along the box and its done,by putting it under the boxes will make it difficult to remove the spare wheel,ohh you mean the box is not sealed from the sides??? Then why not make a Dicky Tray and mount it there???

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks