Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Search this Thread
Old 17th August 2010, 21:38   #76
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie69 View Post
Nice ICE Brother . Congrats! I will be auditioning Infinity reference and Boston at EVO this weekend! I need to see which gives me more "BOOM" as I won't be going for a sub. Enjoy the music!

Cheers!
-Z
If u r auditioning components then u will not get much boom as these mainly have mid & high range drivers.

Co-axials will give u the boom u r looking for though not of a sub league.
Old 17th August 2010, 22:09   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
If u r auditioning components then u will not get much boom as these mainly have mid & high range drivers.

Co-axials will give u the boom u r looking for though not of a sub league.
Yes sir I know! Comps are for front and rear i need Co-axials which has more BOOM! But not sure which model and which brand has it
Looks like I will have to Demo a lot of speakers!

-Z
Old 17th August 2010, 22:59   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes sir I know! Comps are for front and rear i need Co-axials which has more BOOM! But not sure which model and which brand has it

-Z
Cheap & Better will be JBL GTO 948. Its 400w peak with a frequency response range of 45Hz - 21kHz. Price 3900 with warranty
Old 17th August 2010, 23:30   #79
BHPian

Quote:

-Z
Boom is the correct word. Thats (rears) what i also looking for (see my thread here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
Cheap & Better will be JBL GTO 948. Its 400w peak with a frequency response range of 45Hz - 21kHz. Price 3900 with warranty
I have asked the following question in my thread, stil asking again here

What options do people like us (who only got fronts, HU & rears) have for rears with boom
Old 18th August 2010, 09:50   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Infant under 3 are far more suspectible to loud noises as well as flashes of light hence keep the volume down to under 90db (85 is preferable) and do not use direct flash (only bounce or diffused) till he/she is atleast 2 years old (preferably 3).

85db is the sound of a regular active conversation amongst a gorup of 3-5 people. When it is just 2 people talking the SPLs are usually under 80db (if both ahve normal hearing and are not excited/upset).
Sure Guys, when the baby is in, i will not be listening to music loudly. But when I am alone I will be doing that. But right now the space is the boot is bit less to keep a pram.

So interested to know whether I can remove those custom made boxes and can fit the speakers on the boot door directly opposite to the sub? will there be any kinda vibrations and all on the door?

need experienced advice !!
Old 18th August 2010, 11:50   #81
Senior - BHPian

Yes, of course you can discard the boxes and put the 6x9s in the hatch. You will need to do a bit of chalu damping in the hatch to prevent rattles - rolled up closed cell foam or thermocole pieces in some places where cable / wire is passing, and some double-sided tape behind the number plate.

There may be 2 adverse effects, though (you may or may not feel it):
- the bass from the ovals will be a bit boomier (larger volume behind the 6x9)
- the weight of the speakers will add to the door weight, so the air pistons holding up the hatch may be slightly ineffective some times (hatch may tend to come down, instead of staying up)
Old 22nd August 2010, 00:13   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
There may be 2 adverse effects, though (you may or may not feel it):
- the bass from the ovals will be a bit boomier (larger volume behind the 6x9)
- the weight of the speakers will add to the door weight, so the air pistons holding up the hatch may be slightly ineffective some times (hatch may tend to come down, instead of staying up)

Will it hurt the pistons supporting the hatch door? any adverse impact on the hatch over the period of time?

I will be more thankful if anyone can post in the pics of 6x9 on wagonR hatch door.
Old 23rd August 2010, 09:59   #83
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelightening View Post
Will it hurt the pistons supporting the hatch door? any adverse impact on the hatch over the period of time?
THe hatch door might need help when lifted and closed. The cylinders are calibrated to teh weight ot the hatch door. Adding about 3kgs more in the form of speakers will change that.
Old 23rd August 2010, 20:31   #84
BHPian

@thelightening: Hope the setup is going good. Will call you soon, got some queries. Which place you working from these days ??
Old 24th August 2010, 15:21   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by santhosh_lv View Post
Unfortunately i havent enjoyed good experience with EVO for my last couple of visits.

2. I wasnt happy with the music system and was looking for any worthy upgrades ( wanted to upgrade the front coaxials to components which they suggested ) I had got the component upgrade ( 608 C ) done from 10.30 AM to 1.30 PM and finally i felt the coaxials i had were much better. EVO didnt bother to ask me if i was happy with the upgrade and said thats the best. I was sharing this with one of my friend who regularly visits sachin's autoshop and he was laughing at the whole episode.

I am still trying to understand how that its only me who didnt have a good experience with EVO. I dont think there is any respect if business involves less than 10K, lol.
Hi Santosh,

You are probably the first person ever to not be happy with an upgrade from Coaxials to Components. However, just wanted to know, are you running the components through an amplifier? If not, this could be your problem as I believe that any speaker would sound best if driven through an amplifier, especially components. The built in amp in any HU can barely power speakers to their RMS wattage.

This is my personal opinion and I coulbe be wrong so gurus kndly correct me if so.

Again, different components will sound different on the same amplifier. I am saying this through experience as I was using the JBL 606Ce being driven through my JBL 75.4 amp and was not impressed, but when I canged them to the Morel Tempo 6, I was blown away as the Morels put the JBLs to shame!!
Old 25th August 2010, 14:16   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic View Post
... any speaker would sound best if driven through an amplifier, especially components. The built in amp in any HU can barely power speakers to their RMS wattage. ...
Not true. You are comparing dissimilar aspects.
* Components outplay coaxes whether driven by an amp or not. Beyond more efficient output across a wider range, it is the image which is better
* RMS wattage of the components has nothing to do with quality of the components in SQ systems. In SPL systems it does matter
* Amplifiers do improve the dynamic range of components (ability to reproduce soft and loud passages properly, i.e. softer instruments not being overpowered by louder ones)
Old 26th August 2010, 11:33   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadra View Post
@thelightening: Hope the setup is going good. Will call you soon, got some queries. Which place you working from these days ??
I am working from the Bannerghatta road office these days. Do reach me on mobile so that lets meet sometime. I am still working out the possibilities to change the 6x9 speakers location from custom made boxes to the hatch door.
Old 26th August 2010, 11:48   #88
BHPian

Quote:
I am working from the Bannerghatta road office these days. Do reach me on mobile so that lets meet sometime. I am still working out the possibilities to change the 6x9 speakers location from custom made boxes to the hatch door.
will do buddy. Thanks
Old 26th August 2010, 12:01   #89
Senior - BHPian

When i had purchased my zen the previous owner had local speakers on the hatch door. The hatch pistons were not effective and closing as soon as u open them, once those speakers were thrown out the hatch door functions properly.

I think the bass from 6x9 also depends on the boot volume of the hatch. since zen as a small boot space the revebration is good that i dont feel like any sub.
Old 1st July 2011, 11:53   #90
BHPian

Re: WagonR Re-ICE'd at EVO..

Quote:
Pics contd...

Now the sound stage improved a lot and the system sounds good with nice base.
What is this material? how much did it cost? Where did u buy it?

Most Viewed