Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th April 2010, 21:41   #31
Senior - BHPian

Nice one, GTO

Can you please post a cost break-up and possibly a video, for us to see how it sounds?

cheers!
Old 11th April 2010, 19:07   #32
BHPian

Hey Nice Setup GTO. I am sure it rocks oops disco's.

How do you take an insurance for ICE, what is the procedure?
Old 12th April 2010, 11:32   #33
BHPian

Nice, clean setup. can you please mention the price split up too.
Old 12th April 2010, 12:01   #34
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
What's the all total damage if one may ask?
We at ICE do not ask such questions. It makes us feel stuid for spending what we do

You know those restraunts where the menu has no price list. Just think of ICE as one such restraunt.
navin is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th April 2010, 12:36   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikoneer View Post
It can be done as part of the regular car insurance process. ICE will be insured under "accessories"
Old 12th April 2010, 12:47   #36
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Thanks guys. I've added the following two points to the opening post:

- The damped doors & trunk now shut like that of a German car! Heavy is the word here.

- I like the fact that no metal was cut anywhere (say, the rear parcel tray to install speakers / subs like in my other cars)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms001 View Post
congrats again does the HU have provision for a GPS device as well?
Quote:
Originally Posted by nirmaljusdoit View Post
Can a rear view camera be installed to this HU ?
IIRC, the specs did state a provision for GPS & bluetooth mobile telephony. Not sure about rear camera. I don't care about either of the three.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
Installing all this wont Void the warranty?
My car is 2.xx years old and thus, out of factory warranty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
as for the 'night club' kind of sound, that is the kind of music I have been listening to these days. Do let me know if you need some ;-)
I will take you up on your offer, Frank!

Quote:
And secondly, do give the equipment some run-in time. There should be a considerable improvement in sound after 20-30 hrs.
I know engines need a run-in period. You telling me ICE equipment does to? Do I need to limit the revvs (err...volume)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Please change the Sub grills to something which looks better visually.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelord View Post
A couple of points. I'd suggest you get a better grill for the subs as that's the only thing taking away the super stock look.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram18 View Post
Please do something about the sub woofer grilles. They look quite tacky for such a clean install.
Will do. Note that I need these grilles for those outstation trips that women pack the trunk with all the stuff they don't need.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukiwa View Post
Are you really sure that you will carry this ICE setup to another car. Guess that after 4-5 years, your next car will/should adorn different set of components.
Good SQ remains good SQ, doesn't it? I'm using two basic 6x9s in my Jeep since like 13 years, and don't feel the need to upgrade. Also, my Vtec had some ICE equipment that was taken from the Lancer (when sold) and I wasn't wanting. As long as the audio quality is good, what's the need to change?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
Does the HU have a motorised screen. I mean, is the disc slot behind the screen?
Yes, it does have a motorised screen. Disc + SD card slots right behind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karizma_devil View Post
GTO i must admit you got some real taste
Thanks, but nothing here was my taste (except maybe preference for a Pioneer double-din HU). It's Navin & B&T who deserve credit for the choice of components.

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Poor poor GTO. Now he will never be able tolisten to ordinary audio again. Seriously, I rather have no audio than ordinary audio.
You know, to be honest...though I love the sound quality in the Civic (even more so now that I'm getting used to it), I don't mind the basic systems in my other cars. Meaning, when I'm listening to my iPod in the other cars, I don't *miss* the Civic's ICE. Of course, the setup is great to have, and every drive in the Civic is an experience in itself, but I think I'm more finicky about what's playing (i.e. song). Over how its playing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikoneer View Post
Very simple : Submit the parts bill with a written request to your insuring company. Pay the additional premium (based upon their calculations) and have an amended policy sent out to you.

WRT the questions on cost, lets just say it went into the six figures. I know we have a younger audience here and I'd hate to influence them in overshooting their ICE budget. One tip to the younger gen : Whenever you get it, do so with your OWN $$$ (and not your Dads).
GTO is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th April 2010, 13:06   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

I know engines need a run-in period. You telling me ICE equipment does to? Do I need to limit the revvs (err...volume)
Surely, a great choice of equipment there but yes every driver or in some cases the amps go through the run in period. It's specially the subs that need little bit more attention. As the sub's suspension may take several hours to break in. some subs start to work better even with just 10hrs of break in and in some they can take even upto 100hrs. Its always a good idea to break in a sub. Especially when it is some of the mid to higher end speakers which normally have a slightly higher power handling, and a stiffer spider structure. By breaking a sub in your allow the voice coil to cure (heat up and become stronger). You also allow your subs spider to soften up some to allow the sub to move more freely. This reduces over all heat during all out play time, as well as resistance rise, and lets you get optimum excursion with minimal damage to the sub. More excursion = more air movement, less resistance = more power, cooler voice coil = longer life of sub. Best way to break in my opinion is playing some heavy bass tracks at a moderate volume and not exceeding certain limit for atleast about first 10-15hours, after which slowly increasing the volume as every hour passes by. It could get frustrating but its worth it.
Invinsible is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2010, 14:00   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
WRT the questions on cost, lets just say it went into the six figures.
Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Poor poor GTO.
Ah! Now @Navin's comment makes sense !

Ajay, would you have any WIP snaps of the fibreglass sub enclosure install?

And how much does the dash kit cost? Is it a Scosche? Or some other brand?
The Scosche distributer here quoted 6K for it.
Old 12th April 2010, 15:21   #39
Distinguished - BHPian

Quiteeee an install here ! Very neat work , kudos to all involved.

How much did that Pio HU cost you ? How do you think it would look in the Fortuner, might add some aesthetics to the dull dash?
Old 12th April 2010, 15:55   #40
BHPian

Quote:
WRT the questions on cost, lets just say it went into the six figures. I know we have a younger audience here and I'd hate to influence them in overshooting their ICE budget. One tip to the younger gen : Whenever you get it, do so with your OWN $$$ (and not your Dads).
Good one. The six figure budget certainly took the fizz out of enthusiasm to do the same on my Civic, though it is my OWN $$$. I am sure you are having a rocking experience.
Old 12th April 2010, 17:47   #41
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Quiteeee an install here ! Very neat work , kudos to all involved.

How much did that Pio HU cost you ? How do you think it would look in the Fortuner, might add some aesthetics to the dull dash?
HU will cost you between 24-25k

Last edited by GTO : 14th April 2010 at 15:19. Reason: Please don't bypass the 20 character minimum post limit
Old 12th April 2010, 22:29   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Nope, sorry!

Quote:
And how much does the dash kit cost? Is it a Scosche? Or some other brand?
The Scosche distributer here quoted 6K for it.
Scosche - 4.5k
Old 13th April 2010, 10:11   #43
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
Nope, sorry!
Quote:
Shuvc, you expected another answer. magicians dont tell.
navin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2010, 12:52   #44

Congrats GTO for you fantastic ICED civic.

I may sound but can you please tell me the meaning of this:-

Quote:
The damped doors & trunk now shut like that of a German car! Heavy is the word here.
Is it good or bad ?

I did a little enhancement to my civic music system some 6 months back. Now i have two sets of Hertz(Energy series) components in front and rear with OEM console and all 4 speakers attached to a Sony 4- Channel amplifier.

Hertz are awesome they sound so well, it is just unexplainable (Thanks to BHPians for guiding me) and i am very satisfied with SQ.

But my only problem is plastic rattling of front doors and some other parts in my car, as i was low on budget at the time of speaker installation i didn't went for sound dampening.

Can audio gurus please advice me the reason for the rattling and solution to it, i know sound dampening will be the reply but just to make sure .......

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team: Post Edited. Smilie usage is restricted to two per post on Team-BHP. Please refrain from using excessive smilies.

We advise you to read the Announcements and Board Rules section before proceeding any further.

Last edited by Dippy : 13th April 2010 at 13:05. Reason: Only 2 smilies per post allowed, please read our board rules carefully, thanks
Old 13th April 2010, 13:04   #45
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheeniz View Post
But my only problem is plastic rattling of front doors and some other parts in my car, as i was low on budget at the time of speaker installation i didn't went for sound dampening....
every car owner I have met has agreed that damping is the cheapest sound quality upgrade they have done. 3-5k in damping works even nicer than a amp. remember an amp only really makes a difference at moderate and high levels. damping helps at any sound level.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks