Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th April 2010, 02:00   #1
BHPian

i20 audio control on remote instead of on steering???

HI All,

Anyone has an idea of this problem?

My friend has an i20Asta, with a driver, for audio control she is dependent on the driver. Does anyone have a solution for this?

Or can we change the audio system in i20?

The showroom guy said it wasn't possible in i20 to put an aftermarket audio unit in i20!! Is it true?
Old 19th April 2010, 11:19   #2
BHPian

What no one has an idea on i20??

Still looking for an alternative for i20 controls on a handheld remote control!!

No one knows yet?? Now, this would be a first for TeamBHP!
Old 19th April 2010, 12:20   #3
BANNED

An HU with Remote contol unit can be fitted in i20 , but only thing is that you have to source wiring harness adapter for the same like this one
Old 26th April 2010, 13:51   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildon View Post
An HU with Remote contol unit can be fitted in i20 , but only thing is that you have to source wiring harness adapter for the same like this one
Thanks Wildon, The link is outdated. Know of any place in Bombay where this is available or done well?
Old 4th April 2011, 11:19   #5
BHPian

Re: i20 audio control on remote instead of on steering???

For the folks on this thread: any updates since the last post? I'm looking to upgrade the head unit in my i20 Asta, since I want integrated bluetooth. Would you know if there are any head units that will fit in the 2-DIN spot and work with the steering controls / song name in the LCD? If the head unit's bluetooth integrated with the car's speakers I'll be really happy.

Looking forward to replies. It would also be very helpful if someone could point me to a reputed or "experienced with i20s" shop in Bangalore where I can go to to buy the HU and get it installed.
Old 4th April 2011, 11:39   #6
BHPian

The below post from our i20 guru, Wildon. It might be helpful to you.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2242251
Old 4th April 2011, 12:29   #7
BHPian

Thanks! I've seen that thread and the links there, but I'm looking for a something a little more recent - I'm sure by now there must be several HU options that integrate well with the i20's systems.

The reason I want a new HU is because I don't want to deal with charging another device in the car solely for bluetooth (like a car kit/mirror etc) and want something that integrates well with the car's speakers and the steering audio controls functionality.

I'm hoping that by now, given the model's popularity, either ICE manufacturers or dealers have figured out how to get 2-din HUs to work well with the i20.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks