Team-BHP - audio setup for open gypsy
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   In-Car Entertainment (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/)
-   -   audio setup for open gypsy (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/79758-audio-setup-open-gypsy.html)

hey gurus,
i have an open gypsy with a half soft top,
its time i got a good system into it
need a woofer as well
plan to have one long box behind the front seats with the woofer and the speakers, no speakers in the front for me.
total budget is about 15k
what should i go for
also i have acces to a monoblock jbl amp and a sony 444 from my old vehicles
advice please

With a budget of 15k i guess you will definitely have to re-use one or both of those amps you have.

Are you thinking of one long box which houses the Sub as well as two speakers? If so, do the internal compartments in that box have to be segregated and sized accordingly for best sound? - ICE gurus?

I'd also suggest you go for a direct Aux plug into the amp. ie. no head unit. Plug your ipod directly in - and mount is somewhere where its not going to get muddy or wet :p (this is going to be the biggest problem for you - especially with the monsoon coming up)

Alternatively, if you have a iphone / phone / ipod touch that supports A2DP - consider getting an A2DP receiver (~Rs. 1000?) to plug into your amp, and then you can use the ipod/phone to pass music to it wirelessly.

cya
R

Quote:

Originally Posted by xtreme power (Post 1842286)
need a woofer as well
plan to have one long box behind the front seats with the woofer and the speakers, no speakers in the front for me.
total budget is about 15k
also i have acces to a monoblock jbl amp and a sony 444 from my old vehicles

If you have a monoblock and the 444 get a pair of 6x9s and a 12" and make a 3 section box for the rear (behind the seats). The center zection should be about 1 cu. f.t and can house a 12" JBL sub (5-6K), and teh left and right sections can be 0.5 cu. ft. and house the 6x9s (4-5K). You will need 3-4K for the wiring and 1-2K for the box.

This link will give you ideas and inspiration.
Subwoofer Boxes, subwoofer enclosures, Kansas City

At a later data upgrade the 444 to a Pioneer 6400 and bridge it.

+1. sounds the best, will use yr existing amps too. wiring can be done for less. and if u have someone in US, u cld get 6x9 speaker baffless and then do with a smaller box.

Quote:

Originally Posted by navin (Post 1848467)
If you have a monoblock and the 444 get a pair of 6x9s and a 12" and make a 3 section box for the rear (behind the seats). The center zection should be about 1 cu. f.t and can house a 12" JBL sub (5-6K), and teh left and right sections can be 0.5 cu. ft. and house the 6x9s (4-5K). You will need 3-4K for the wiring and 1-2K for the box.

This link will give you ideas and inspiration.
Subwoofer Boxes, subwoofer enclosures, Kansas City

At a later data upgrade the 444 to a Pioneer 6400 and bridge it.

thanks guys,

one more question should the speakers and subwoofers in the enclosure be facing upwards or at an inclination towards the front

so i have settled at powering a 12 inch woofer with the monoblock and the two 6x9 with my old sony 444
head unit i want, so that has to stay rehaan.
now for the speakers and woofer should i go in for jbl
how is this woofer for 2800 from audible dynamics
Team-BHP Classifieds - LESS THAN HALF PRICE!! Audible Dynamics Calypso Series 12" Sub C124 - Powered by PhotoPost Classifieds

hey i was planing to get a system fited in my gypsy as well but i have both the benches b/h and what abot the safty and water proofing

Best solution - buy a massive 2 channel amplifier and use it to power 2 x Professional Coaxial full range drive units. Car subs are not suitable for "outdoor" application. But you cant do it at the specified budget.

Another option - Bridge your 444 and power a pair of speakers like these -> KB6000 Full Range Speakers | KICKER If you can find some other model with dual 6.5" drivers + horn loaded highs, per side, nothing like it. (I thought Kicker made a model like that too, can't find it.) You could mount these somewhere higher up, and thus not even sacrifice leg space. However, you'll need a sub alongside these.

There are however a lot of pro brands that make such speakers but hard to find them in 4 ohm impedance.

I may be Off Topic but my issue with this whole thing is, can we device a way to make all these theft proof. Is there anyway we can make the headunit box lockable.

I plan to put 2 JBL Round speaker near the footwell but i am having to think about the headunit. friends suggest go for some chinese headunit which if gets stolen will be ok but i want to go for a good pioneer head unit.

Could you gurus suggest a good setup which can theft proofed.

navin has posted a thread. you can connect an amp n speaker setup directly through iPod or MP3 player without any use of head unit. or go for a USB only local HU for 8-900 bucks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Desmosedici (Post 1860661)
I may be Off Topic but my issue with this whole thing is, can we device a way to make all these theft proof. Is there anyway we can make the headunit box lockable.

I plan to put 2 JBL Round speaker near the footwell but i am having to think about the headunit. friends suggest go for some chinese headunit which if gets stolen will be ok but i want to go for a good pioneer head unit.

Could you gurus suggest a good setup which can theft proofed.

As you guys have mentioned, with only a speaker and amp setup, can we connect mobile phones as well which has a 3.5mm jack like in ipods or other mp3 players.

if that can be made possible then it would be a great setup.

Please assist gurus.

Yes, that is possible. Look for an amp that has a direct Aux-in input, like a Blaupunkt GT480 (not GT4 Mk.II). This input can be connected to the EP socket of the mobile with a ready-made cable.

Try this! want to do it in my jeep too..

that looks like a very neat setup, can we have more pics about the setup please

Quote:

Originally Posted by SunChaser (Post 1864316)
Try this! want to do it in my jeep too..

i dont think we have so muchhead place for this kind of set up in our gypsy

You can if you really want to :)

Now i am looking at speaker and amp options. what all options do i have and what would be the approx costs. Can someone help?

Pioneer, Sony, MTX, Blaupunkt, Kickers etc. for the amp.

Speakers, i am planning for 2 JBL rounds to be fixed near the footwell area.

The amp can be fixed below the seat.